December 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Palettes - Wet 'n' Wild - Nude Awakening Palette

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Didn't even use a primer when I used these shadows they were that good. This should not be limited edition. Wouldn't they make more money if it were permanent? The case is ugly as sin but applies and looks like high end shadows on the lid. I wish every drugstore shadow had this quality. Even the other WnW Spring Forward 8-pan is crappy. I guess I just don't get cosmetic manufacturing.

In short, get this the second you spot it. I myself had luck with the last one at Kroger. They didn't even have the display up anymore. Rite Aid has the display and the 8-pans. Those that don't want to or can't buy Naked can get by with this fantastic $5 palette.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this palette in a giveaway and I really love it! There are a few shades in here that are really close dupes to a few in the UD Naked palette that are full of glitter but these don't have glitter....yay! The second shade on the left is similar to Sidecar which I always hated because of the chunky glitter that would always get all over my face. The one gray on the right too is a dupe of the glittery grey UD color. Nouveaucheap has a blogpost about it. Anyway I love this palette and have been using it alot. If you can find one, definitely grab it!! I reach for this far more than my Naked palette.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice neutral palette. The shadows are mostly shimmery but you get one or two matte colors in it. The shade selection is perfect , browns, silver and black. You get a better result with a primer (better color payoff). As usual there's some fallout and the packaging is crap but the price makes up for it. Overall I like it, it's a good buy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The ROI on WnW palettes cannot be matched by any other brand. Are there better products out there? Yes. Are there inconsistencies amongst the palettes in terms of quality, etc? Yes. Do you need to primer to get the most out of these? Yes. Will you find any other brand that offers you product this GREAT for roughly the same cost of a grande latte at the airport? NO!

Nude Awakening is one of two spring 2013 limited edition palettes. While neither palette is quite as pigmented as the permanent 8 pan palettes, they are still quite good. You can do a smokey eye, a simple work eye, or a quick and casual weekend errand eye with this palette. The left side eyelid color is amazing, and worth the $5 alone. The left side browbone has works really well for me as a blending shade and highlight - I don't find it chalky though the fallout is a little more than average. The right side crease is a favorite as well as builds nicely.

PROS:
- Price doesn't get better
- Ok pigmentation
- Lovely, everyday, workable colors
- Do not crease - seriously - even my high end stuff creasing in the summer and these stay put
- Long lasting - once you build the color where you want it - these will last a full work day and into the evening

CONS:
- You do need a primer if you want the colors to come off bold (for work or weekend - you really don't though)
- Not as pigmented as permanent collection
- Packaging as always is meh

Now all this said, if you ONLY wear neutrals and don't like to play with your look that much, you may be a candidate for Naked or Naked 2. However, if like me, you are cheap, you love to play, you know how to use a primer and good brushes to make the most of a B+ product, then this is for you. I love that I have 5 eight pan palettes and 6 trios from Wet N Wild and STILL have come close to the cost of one Urban Decay Naked Palette.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love.... Definitely a naked palette dupe. I spotted this at Jewel the other day (after seeing it online somewhere and wondering where i could but it) and got very excited. Really, you can't go wrong with these Wet N Wild palettes- for 4.99 you get 8 beautifully pigmented, generously portioned eyeshadows, less than half the price of one MAC shadow! I will say that my least favorite color in the palette is the vanilla browbone color... It's just not as pigmented as the other colors and a little chalky. Otherwise, I think this is an absolute gem and agree that it's stock-up worthy given that it's limited edition!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cpagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this palette for a couple days now and I'm liking it. I have Urban Decay Naked 1 and I normally wear this daily. I'm running out and didn't feel like spending $50 to replace it. I found this palette at the grocery store!!! It has plenty of nude colors for me to wear and stays on better than the UD palette. There is SO much fall off when using the UD palette. I realize this now after using this $3.99 WnW palette. I wish it were a tad more pigmented but I'm using this instead of UD...I can't justify spending $50 on UD when I have this now. Good find! BUY IT! I will be stocking up on this like crazy since this is limited edition.

I'm updating this...this isn't as great as I thought. The colors are kinda weak. They just don't show up very well. I find myself back to using UD Naked. As expensive as it is, it's just better. I won't be repurchasing the WnW.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow I'm happy I found this. I'm a sucker for natural palettes and at the price I just couldn't say no. It reminded me so much of the Naked 1 palette so when I got home I opened both up to compare. This is almost an exact dupe for the entire UD palette. And actually, the layout of this is quite easier to use. The shadows are much wider and easier to pick up. The pigment isn't amazing but it's definitely enough to work with and better than the price suggests. LOVE! If this is a limited edition, I'm stocking up.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by conogirl

I purchased this palette specifically for one shade only: the eyelid color which is the second shadow on the left side. This shade is an exact dupe --minus the horrible glittery fallout -- of MAC Honesty. (The color is so buttery soft and is a far superior product than Honesty, I took Honesty back home to the MAC store without a second thought.) The first shade on the left is a buttery soft dupe of MAC's Shroom and the third color on the left is a better pigmented dupe of MAC's Wedge shadow. The second shadow on the right is a dupe of Satin Taupe. The Honesty dupe alone is worth the $4.99 I paid for the entire palette!

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

For such a low price you get 8 very nice eyeshadows. I am pretty stingy when it comes to buying high end make-up and would never be able to justify spending $100 for two Urban Decay NAKED pallets. So when I saw this I was very happy with its color choice, since they are all pretty basic nudes and you can do many looks with them. I love the quality, but do suggest wearing an eye primer underneath or an eyeshadow base because these colors WILL NOT show up very pigmented without those two things.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to find this at my CVS finally, but unfortunately this new collection is not nearly as pigmented as the last. Only the two darkest colors in the palette do not need primer to show up, and there is only one matte shade. It was $4.99.