Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Sabbath

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/17/2015 4:51:00 PM

I like the urban decay 24/7 glide on eye pencils. While they don't stay put on me without MUFE cake eye liner sealer, they are easy to use, smudgeable, and have strong vibrant color. The Sabbath is a great navy shade that looks surprising subtle and awesome with their stash pencil. I am giving it a 1 on packaging, however, because the navy color, when it was quite new, fell out of the pencil completely. Not sure where it ended up or I would have attempted to reinsert the navy pencil core back into the pencil. It was a sad day.

on 2/18/2015 6:15:00 PM

I just bought this today, but put it on over 6 hours ago and most of it is still in place. That's rather impressive to me--though it's not perfect; it has worn off slightly in blotches, hence the 4 lippy rating. However, I have never had a waterline pencil that has done quite as well as that, so I am a satisfied customer. I love the sapphire color; nearly bought the Uzi instead, but decided that was too light and sparkly for my waterline. I did buy the oil slick, but I don't know. . .might return that.

However, this Sabbath color is lovely, NOT too blue blue--and really makes my amber eyes pop! I love that! I had been using Rimmel Scandaleyes, but it was too smeary--though the dark blue was an equally nice color. I will be bummed if this does end up being something I have to sharpen every day, because the price is a little steep. Also, the packaging could be more eco-friendly. But seriously--to the women out there with light golden brown eyes--this makes your eyes look FAB, and really makes the whites look clear, as well!

on 12/31/2013 12:16:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. I want to love it because the color is amazing and the coolest navy / dark blue colored eyeliner I've used. Like even though it's a colored eyeliner it's fairly neutral and can go with a lot of stuff (makeup colors and clothes) and looks nice with my dark brown eyes.

However, for the money ($18), I don't think it lives up to it's name in terms of staying power. It makes my eyelid oily and I expected it to be budge proof but it does flake a bit and smudge (and i get a bit of blue raccoon rings under my eyes). It says waterproof also yet it still gave me light raccoon rings after walking in some light rain. Definitely didn't smudge as bad as some other eyeliners but for $18 I expect a lot more.

Other than that, it is definitely creamy/soft, certainly does "glide on". It's super pigmented and true to the color you'd want and expect. It does indeed stay pigmented or last a fairly long time compared to many other eyeliners I've tried but it doesn't stay "perfect" the way I wanted. Also, if you're going to smudge it or something you have to work quickly before it sets or it'll just flake off or break up if you try to smudge it.

Overall, good formula but I feel like this UD product doesn't quite live up to the hype for me. I might re-buy but only because I like this color so much but I'd be willing to look at other eyeliners for a better formula. My milani liquif'eye liquid eyeliner from the drugstore stays perfect all day (better than this) and is much cheaper but doesn't come in this color.

on 9/11/2013 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Oh. My. Gosh. New favorite pencil eyeliner I own. The color is GORGEOUS and is super highly pigmented.

I agree that it is really creamy but it's not too much of a problem for me, I just wait for it to set and don't press too hard and it seems to work fine for me. Actually, the creaminess is great for me because I have tiny, monolidded eyes and finding a great eyeliner is always a struggle for me.

When I first bought this, I was hesitant. It was $19 and I thought, "Can a pencil liner REALLY last all day on me?" I've had only bad experiences with pencil liners but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did. It's super easy to line my eyes (not a ultra-thin line, but I like my eyeliner a bit thicker anyways) and on my super oily lids, it lasts a good 7 hours before it starts fading. Which is amazing in my book. Pencil liners usually last about 20 minutes before it starts smearing and makes me look like an angry panda bear. Even then, this eyeliner doesn't smear, it just fades a teensy bit. Which is no big deal to me.

I even went all out and put it on my bottom waterline and amazingly enough, no smudging, no budging whatsoever! Seriously.

This color is a deep navy and should be flattering on all skin tones and for all eye colors. I like using this when I do smoky eyes because black is too harsh on me and makes my eyes look even smaller than usual and that is just NOT cute. But this pencil did none of that. It was intense enough that it fit a smoky eye look but wasn't too dark that it made my eyes look tiny.

This is seriously my new HG pencil liner. Highly, highly recommend! It's a basic color that anybody can rock but it's also different and is a nice change to the usual black/brown liners.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

What I love about this eyeliner is that it's highly pigmented and spreads easily on my dark pigment-sucking eyelids. However, it could be too creamy. I bought this 2 months ago and even with once-a-week use it looks like it won't last beyond 6 months. You have to sharpen it after every use and it can get clumpy. Sharpening so often leads to a lot of wastage. I had a bronzish shade from ths same line earlier and it certainly wasn't so creamy. still full marks on the fact that it shows on my difficult eyelids. As a navy, it stands out and definitely looks different from black. I wouldn't mind repurchasing this but these are expensive and there are so many other shades to try!

on 7/14/2013 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan (aka. "collector") of UD's 24/7 Glide-On pencils, and Sabbath (a deep, matte, navy blue) is definitely one of my favorites. I don't know why, but the texture of Sabbath is so different from my other UD pencils, and I really like that about this pencil. The pencil point is softer & creamier, which makes it even easier to apply to my aging eyelids. It's so creamy, it almost applies like a liquid liner! A light touch of the pencil point to my lids delivers deeply pigmented color in no time at all. It reminds me of a magic marker! It also stays put for an entire day, and also has remarkable staying power when applied to my inner rims. (I don't usually line my inside lower rim... but I do tightline my upper lash line with a soft pencil sometimes, and this one does the job beautifully.) I don't know why Sabbath is so different from my other UD pencils, but it is, and I love it! :o)

on 6/30/2013 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a beautiful dark matte navy blue liner. I have green eyes and this works great with my eye color. It's one of my favorite 24/7 liners!

on 6/16/2013 12:31:00 PM

I have probably dozens of reviews on here for navy/indigo eyeliners alone - I just love them. This is currently the one I reach for the most. A dark enough navy to bring out my green eyes while being just bright enough to still show the blue, it's truly a spectacular color - rich, bold and flattering. Too many blue liners lean either toward turquoise or go dull. This hits the perfect note of being vibrant and wearable by pretty much everyone. My only complaint is that it is creamier than my other UD liners, meaning I sharpen it more often - but I love it so much, that doesn't really bother me.

on 5/10/2013 3:23:00 PM

I want to start off by mentioning that I have never purchased a full size UD pencil prior to this. I always got them in sets and/or on sale. I just had to get this because of the color. I saw swatches online and was like "OMG is that a dark navy matte liner?". I died. Then I watched some YT videos raving about this particular color. I went to ULTA and swatched three colors: sabbath, mainline, and I think loaded. All beautiful. I am not about to spend all that money for three so I just got my initial choice. Of the three that I swatched sabbath was the creamiest, which was a little scary but I still loved the color. It is rich and dark, so it can definitely pass as black but it has a special tint that makes eyes pop and adds a little something different to your typical eye look. I've worn it everyday since I purchased it and it wears very well and I enjoy it. The creaminess is a tad bit challenging when trying to be precise and is smushes a little and I find that I have to sharpen more often than lets say the color zero. I still adore it and only wish it was a bit matter/dryer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG HG! This is a very pigmented inky dark navy eyeliner that just glides on without any tugging or pulling whatsoever. Its a nice alternative to black but without the harshness. I've been wearing this for a solid 7 hours right now and it hasn't budged/smudged at all on my waterline. I bought this along with Mainline, which is just as creamy and pigmented...but haven't tested out its longevity yet.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products