Wet 'n' Wild Glassy Gloss- Sugar Glaze

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/27/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderful product and beautiful mid tone pink color. The color payoff is great for a gloss. It's nice thick and shiny, just like a glassy gloss should be! It's not as sticky as MAC's lipglass though but it's still good. It has a little bit of a fruit smell to it but it's not that strong at all and it's actually kind of a nice smell. This dusty rose pink color Sugar Glaze is my perfect shade. I love it. A++ hope they don't ever discontinue this! It's comparable to MAC nymphette without the gold glitter.

on 12/29/2007 10:00:00 AM

I have this in Mocha Glaze. I love the thickness and the staying power for such an cheap lip gloss. I do not like the smell. But I can deal w. it as opposed to pay 20.00 and up for other l/g that delivers that same staying power and glossiness. Will repurchase in other colors

on 8/29/2007 12:41:00 PM

One word - HORRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care how it looks, the smell is horrid to me. The taste is even worse, but the clincher (as if that wasn't enough LOL!) was the numbing effect. Truly disgusting. Not to mention the stickiness of the product. Good thing it's a written review - I wouldn't be able to speak if I had it on and had to review it!

I can't see how this product cannot be toxic for you. If they ever have a recall on any of their products, my mind will immediately think of this and how it might be responsible for killing someone! Seriously, if all that bad smell, taste and sticky are due to a chemical - this one surely has it - and lots of it!

Surprisingly, though I do like a lot of their other products and will continue to try them out. I'm going to try the cream eyeshadow next. I have some of their lip pencils with are excellent and rival more expensive brands. But as for this little gloss - out to the garbage it goes! -- Wait! maybe I could use it as glue!

on 2/5/2007 7:43:00 PM

Its a little too sticky for me so i get one of my "nonsticky" clear glosses to put over it so it wont feel as sticky

on 1/22/2007 9:59:00 PM

Cons: The color might be too light for me. I know it's too sticky for my liking. The only Pro? It makes my upper lip look fuller for some reason. I'm starting to wonder if I'm allergic! ...possible con :(

on 2/13/2006 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't think this is like MAC lipglass AT ALL! It seems kind of gritty to me, and gooey, and weird. The smell is gross, and if I accidentally get any on my inner lip (mucous membrane) or tongue it feels really weird. The color is OK, but i was hoping for more peach from what it looked like in the tube. Might try it again because of the all the good reviews, maybe a different color would feel different for me, but my answer was "would not repurchase" because without these reviews, there'd be no chance of me repurchasing. EDIT: okay, okay, it's better than I thought. I still find the texture to be annoying and gross, but it is long lasting (yeah, like mac, but that's about the only similarity), and it doesn't give that weird taste in my mouth anymore. i guess that was just the first day. i do like the color, frosty and pinky-peach. I espeically like mixing it with this orange Glazewear I have to make it more peachy. Will try other colors. I think it is a good low-end alternative to mac, because i certainly don't want to be buying 10 mac lipglasses because of the money, but i could buy 10 of these, if they had that many colors.

on 12/11/2005 2:40:00 PM

RIS - it's not something I'd normally pick up myself. The colour is very pretty on, but I find that the formula accentuates every little bit of skin on my lips. I must exfoliate my lips thoroughly before putting this on or else I'm left with white stringy bits on my lips. There is a fine shimmer to the gloss but it doesn't feel gritty at all. I do like that the gloss is thick, but not gooey or overly sticky - and it has pretty good staying power. The scent is overpowering, but it has a nostalgic factor for me - it reminds me of a cheap bubblegum that I used to buy when I was a kid (the kind that lasts all of 3 seconds), but I worry that other people can smell the scent on me and find it annoying. I try to apply this l/g long before I have to leave the house, in hopes that the scent won't be as strong by the time I am out in public. The packaging hasn't posed any problems for me - I always make sure the gloss is back in the tube before I recap. I would buy this product again, since it's so inexpensive.

A lot of people on this board have compared this gloss to MAC in Nymphette, which I haven't had but wanted to try a less expensive version first. I adore this gloss! It has an "interesting" smell to say the least, but the great color is all worth it. Tip: Sweep over clear gloss for a hint of glimmer. Will buy again!

i hated this lipgloss when i first tried it on, but then i played with it until i found a few tricks to make it go on beautifully. 1) exfoliate your lips 2) only put a small amount on the lower lip and then rub together for about a minute. this will make it so it is even and doesn't look lumpy and weird.

i was looking for a cheap replacement for my MAC prrr lipglass, and while this isn't it, i like it a lot! :)

on 2/2/2005 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I always wanted to try this out, but just never got around to buy it myself. Sugar Glaze is a opalescent peachy+nude color with shimmer. When applied to my semi pigmented lips, it gives me sheer shimmery peach nude wash. I like the texture. Unlike some of other reviewers, I don't find this sticky at all. It has gel like consistency just like it says on the tube. The tube is huge and I don't know when I'll be done with it. It claims to give you "ultimate long-wearing", but it lasts okay on me. It's easy to reapply and it doesn't give me a ring on my lips, so I really don't mind reapplying. I like this a lot and I can't wait to try on other shades. I think this is one of those hit or miss item, but for this price, try it and see it for yourself. Even if you don't like it you won't be that sorry about it.

Popular Lip Glosses