Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Hydrating Mineral Veil

3.6

Silica, Aqua (Water/Eau), Silica Silylate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydoracetate, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492)

on 1/24/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The more I use this, the more I like it. I put it on top of a Tarte powder foundation and it sets without caking up or looking gross. After a day of wear, my skin feels comfortable and moist without looking oily, so I know this is a great finishing powder, especially during the winter. It has an interesting iridescent sheen that is really flattering and imparts a subtle all over glow. It's not glittery or sparkly on the face like it looks in the jar. It just looks healthy. If you have dry skin, highly recommend this as a finishing powder.

on 1/4/2015 9:12:00 AM

I use this to set my IT cosmetics under eye corrector and use it on my nose daily. Love that it's so hydrating for dry skin as the other mineral veil formulas have caused dry flakes.

on 10/27/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't why I bought it. I guess I wanted some product to set my mineral foundation. Well it kind of does it but.. I don't know...
- It doesn't feel any more hydrating with it compared to without it.
- It has that pink-reddish glow to it that just doesn't go along with my warmer-olive skin tone
- gosh, it's messy
- lots of product is just waisted during application as it is so easy to have it flown all around. In fact this inevitable while using this product.
+ Good news: Yes, it is capable of extending foundation wear if you have that problem when it melts off your skin.
So if you don't mind all the cons and the price which I believe is somewhat high for a couple grams of starch, than go get one for yourself.

on 8/5/2014 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i bought the hydrating mineral veil years ago and forgott about it because it was to iridescent for everyday and it did not hold up the oils on my skin.

but i gave it a second chance and now it is a hg for me!! i love to use it UNDER my bare minerals ready Foundation. i use a primer and then my hmv this gives me a nice glowy canvas with smaler pores and my foundation goes on like a charme. i cant see a lot of pink in it but i feel like it helps to balance out the yellow undertones in my super pale skin. to finish i prefer the original veil.

i use it to set my undereye concealer.

it is great to tone down dark blushes and gives that litle extra oomph to it. i just mix it in.

on 1/19/2014 1:55:00 AM

I bought this mineral veil because I was SO sick of having my bare minerals foundation fade throughout the day, and let me tell you... that was the best decision I could have made. This stuff WORKS. I'm not sure about the hydrating effect of it, I didn't notice a difference between being dry/oily. But making your foundation last all day without any touchups? This product should be first instinct! I just purchased this about a week ago and I've used it every day since :) Before, my foundation would wear off and I'd have to reapply it 2-3 times a day. It really started getting on my nerves once I noticed how fast I was running out of foundation and bare minerals is kind of on the expensive side... Well I started using this mineral veil. I used to look in the mirror throughout the day and expect to see my marks/redness/oil showing through every few hours or so. NOT with this stuff! This keeps my skin looking matte and glowy all day. I worked 12 hours straight today, glancing at myself only when I went to the bathroom, and girls... when I got home, my makeup looked exactly the same as when I left my house this morning, if not better! I use the bare minerals matte powder foundation in fairly light. Oh and on a side note, it really does help when you apply the veil first, then your foundation, and then maybe just a light covering over the foundation to finish it off. My skin looked literally flawless when I got home from work, like I wasn't even wearing makeup.
The shimmer in it is barely noticeable, I wouldn't be concerned at all about the itsy bitsy little sparkles in it. I was worried at first that I would be able to see the shimmer too much on my face, but I gave it a chance. This won't make you look like a disco ball. In fact, I can only see the shimmer if I'm in really bright light and if I'm taking my time to look veryyy closely at my skin. I'm so happy that I decided to give this a try. I can't think of ever switching to something else :) Btw... their foundation is amazing as well, if you haven't tried it yet, do it!
I read some other reviews on this and a lot of people have said that it has a pink glow to it. I'm not sure if it just depends on your undertone or anything, but this product doesn't make my skin look pink at all. I have mostly a cool undertone, so that might be why? Idk, but this powder doesn't leave behind any kind of color on my face, it's completely translucent for me and leaves my skin glowing.

Hope this review was helpful :) Have a great day!
...and seriously, try this stuff for your own good ;)

on 9/5/2013 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Perfect for the summer to keep the BM powder foundation in place. I use this product through out the day and a little goes a long way. I do avoid using it under my eyes it tends to make me look tired/chalky. I do use it In my T-zone and that seems to work better for me.

on 3/31/2013 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Nothing but love for this product. I usually have dry to very dry skin mostly on my cheek and forehead so for almost a year i stop using face products in powder form and even stop using a powder to set my makeup. I found this product in a Mecca maxima store though and thought id give it go cause of the name of the product and thank goodness the product did not disappoint. I use this as a setting powder and even with my dry skin i love how it doesn't insinuate the dry patches. It has small shimmery pigments in the powder as well so the finish gives you a soft luminous glow. Would definitely keep repurchasing this product and highly recommend it.

on 3/29/2013 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this at an attempt to relieve my dry blotchy red skin. Prior to this, I had been using the regular mineral veil, which I do think is a fine powder in itself. I am not sure if it's the weather or that I am getting older, but lately, this powder has not been cutting it and making my skin visually look much worse than if I went without anything.

In the jar, the powder is quite shimmery, although I didn't find it particularly shimmer after I put it on, so that was good. Unfortunately by midday, I had what could be a breakout or a rosacea flare up all over my face.

Needless to say, I was very sad as I was back to square one. I'd like to return this but I return so many things to sephora, I am beginning to feel like they may blacklist me :-(

FYI: I have allergies to fragrance, preservatives, can't tolerate mica or silica. On top of this, I have rosacea.. If your skin is similar, I would saty away!

on 7/16/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'll admit using this to set Bare Minerals Foundation seems redundant, but its great for setting liquid foundation. Its a silica based powder that has no corn starch or talc so it doesn't look "powdery" when I put it on, but it does set the foundation and keep excess oil at bay. It has a little bit of shimmer that has a diffusing effect on my skin. I don't really think its hydrating but it does feel cool and soothing when I apply it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My main issue with this product is that it doesn't hydrate my dry/sensitive skin at all and it also has quite obvious pink glow to it, while I prefer warm and tan undertones. Tinted mineral veil is way too dark for me though, so I have to do a lot of mixing in a separate jar.
I wish they would improve the formula and make it actually hydrating and maybe with a warmer tone option - that would be a HG for me.

Recommended for Normal Skin