September 16, 2014 | 2035 users online

Polishes - OPI - Glints of Glinda

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by savvyowl821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Glints of Glinda is probably the best solution to wanting clean, natural-looking nails but you don't like or don't want your nails to look or be naked without polish. The name describes it perfectly: your nails will have this fantastic glint that makes them look healthy and clean. It will work with every skin tone(since it's so sheer) and give your nails a healthy, natural glow! Sorry if I keep repeating the word "healthy", but that's really how I feel. :) I also love the Wizard of Oz--my favorite childhood movie :') The formula is fantastic. Unlike a lot of really sheer colors, this one applies smoothly and is not streaky at all, even with the first coat! I was really surprised and loved this one even more! A must-have in your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by camerae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I own quite a few sheer and nude polishes, and this one is probably my favorite. It is my perfect "my nails but better shade", and if it were opaque it would be my perfect mannequin hands shade. The formula is self-leveling and easy to work with, which is why this polish is my favorite over others like Bubble Bath. Looks good in two coats, but I sometimes use three for a little extra color. It is a sheer so there is VNL even with three coats. On me it pulls a little peachy in some lights, so I wouldn't say this is a true nude, but it's lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by TeeTeeRarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous color on dark skin! I'm NW46 and I LOVE this color. It's hard to describe but I will say it is a sheer milky peachy beige/nude with a hint of warmth to it. It is so beautiful. I never go for beige-y colors like this and all the swatches online were on fair skin and I thought it looked yellow and unflattering on them (perhaps the camera/light?). Then I thought about it and realized it should look good on my skin and I was right! It gives a beautiful YNBB look. I highly recommend this for dark skinned ladies.

And yes, it applies like a dream, no streaks and is buildable and visible from the first coat.... basically everything Essie sheers fail to be. I personally like the finish at 3 coats but 2 coats looks lovely too! 4 coats starts to look more yellow and less milky but you can try different coats to see which one you like.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by twotwo1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this one when I was going through a sheer phase. I'm leaning toward darker colors these days, but I decided to revisit Glinda. This time I used 3 coats. While it is still not opaque, the color begins to build up with 3 coats and it is a nice alternative to an opaque nude.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you like Essie's Mademoiselle then you might like this sheer polish too. This is the beige version of that. It is very sheer and looks very natural with 2 coats but does have a tan tint. It would be perfect for doing a french nail design. The brush is standard and flexible. It fans out nicely for polish application and the polish does not pool or run. The formula was decent and it spreads well but is just so sheer and it is almost like not wearing polish at all. You will not be able to build this up into anything opaque. The most you will get is a dusty look. This color was okay but the tan doesn't suit me as well as the pink leaning Mademoiselle by Essie. I will certainly use this up though as a good sheer neutral is a great polish for any polish lover's stash.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by kelliechevron

This is a beautiful milky, natural colour that would be perfect for a french manicure. However, even using OPI Ridge Filler (which gives a milky white base coat) and THREE coats of Glints of Glinda, there is still streakiness and visible nail line on my fingers. For that reason I don't think this is a great colour if you want an opaque nude manicure, but fine if you want french nails or just a prettier version of natural nails with VNL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glints of Glinda is from OPI Disney Oz The Great and Powerful Collection 2013. This color is a beige color with a peach undertone. The formula is not thick. In fact, it is quite milky and sheer. Just enough pigment to make it noticeable on the nails. I guess this collection is meant to be a light, soft shade tone, that's why it does not appear to look very heavy on nails.
Application is very easy. It is sheer, but the formula is so great that it spread evenly on my nails just after 2 coats. Although it does not make it completely opaque, it does give a hint of peach beige tone on my nails and it really just give a sheer cover on my nails. Even my nails are not perfectly smooth, the formula actually hides all the flaws. I would recommend this color to every girl if they like soft shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Glints of Glinda is a light natural color. My manicure looks very natural. To add "pop" I apply either Which is Witch or When Monkey's Fly over it. Mainly I do this on the pedicure, and only on the ring finger for the manicure. Different and fun. After one jar though, I'll tire of it.....