April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Bronzer SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I like this bronzer. However, slightly disappointed that this isn't matte. When I purchased this, it appeared matte in the store lighting. But once I tried it on, there is slight shimmer in this. Still, a great bronzer. There are two shades: Light Bronze and Bronze. I purchased the shade in Bronze and it works well on my medium toned olive skin. LOVE that this has no orange tones! This bronzer gives such a natural sunkissed color. The texture of this bronzer is smooth and it doesn't appear cakey at all. This layers very well too! Another great feature is that this bronzer doesn't break me out. It does contain oil in it and even though I'm oily, it doesn't make me appear greasy or blotchy. This bronzer lasts all day and stays true to color. Lastly, I love the electric blue packaging. Usually, PF packaging is bulky and cheap looking. But, this bronzer comes in a pretty package.

Update: I knocked two lippies off. Unfortunately, this bronzer isn't the best choice for oily skin with visible pores. Because this bronzer has a very heavy "sheen" effect to it, I notice by the end of the day, this bronzer makes my skin look oily and my pores look big. Back on the market to look for a true matte bronzer that will be better for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In the winter, I have a hard time finding foundations and bronzers that actually match, or look flattering on my face. I actually purchased this in a kit, which had a foundation and blush with it, for nearly the price of the full sized bronzer. Why not, right?!

This, in "light bronzer", is freaking amazing. HG status for winter. I'm super pale, and can look nearly dead without added warmth, this gives me a literal glow. I'm not orange and sparkly, nor do I look more dead because my bronzer is too dark for my complexion. I hate that on its own, it's so expensive -- for me at least. It's worth every penny, though! The packaging is like a lot of their other face powders, but in a pretty blue! There's a mirror and brush included as well. When I hit pan, I will def. repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Ktnbrklyn

AMAZING BRONZER. Gives a beautiful glow and pick me up. Doesn't come on too strong. Great color. This is definetly my new bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've heard good things about the Mineral Wear/Airbrush powders and this has great reviews, so I picked it up at Target today (fair warning: first impression review ahead).

Normally I buy PF bronzers in the lighter shade, as there are almost always two options, but they only had the regular bronzer for sale. I was a little worried it would be too dark for my pale skin, but lately I've had trouble getting much pigmentation from other bronzers I've tried/since I started using a different brush, so I thought, what the hell, maybe it will show up better. I'm liking the color, which DEFINITELY shows up nicely, is a pretty tan shade (not orange!) and looks like a typical summer color. This has a nice finish to it, which isn't sparkly or matte. The powder is good quality, blends nicely and gives an even, all-over color to my face and neck. It is a GREAT added bonus that this is SPF 30! Gotta love built-in sun protection.

I don't use the included brush, which looks like the usual PF brush with half the bristle length cut off, but I do love the packaging of this. It is a good-sized pan and just the usual compact (mirror, brush caddy underneath pan) but I just love the shiny blue metallic plastic of this for some reason! I paid $12.99 for this at Target and I'm pleased with it so far. I will update this review on wearability, etc. after having a little more time to use the bronzer.

Update: I'm bumping this down one lippie because it is somewhat too dark for my fair skin and after a couple hours oxidizes a little. It looks just slightly too pink for my liking. Also it doesn't stay totally even or matte after hours of wear. It's a good bronzer but it's not as good as my #1 PF bronzer, the healthy glow bronze Organics. If I could give this a 3.5 as a score, I would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yet another impulse buy for me....but what a good one. I have been using this bronzer exclusively for several months now and my high end ones, as well as my other drug store ones, sit unused. This is perfect for my pale NC 20 skin tone. I bought the shade "light."
It is huge. I like the sturdy compact. It opens easily, no polish chipping with this one. I could have done without the horrible little scratchy brush under the pan. The compact could have been much less bulky without it. This is not exactly matte, however. There is a bit of a sheen on the skin which is often the case with mineralized products. I prefer matte bronzers, but I am reaching for this all the time as it warms up my face in a very subtle fashion. PF got this one just right, for a change.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by bmw4409

Love this bronzer! I've been using Nars Laguna for the last 1.5 years and have not really been happy with it, i never really noticed any color payoff... decided to try this one (bought the regular shade, not light) and LOVE it! It gives me a perfectly sun kissed bronze glow, not super matte or glittery, just natural looking. When i finish up my bare minerals i'm definitely going to purchase this in the regular foundation as well! I've been using this everyday for a week and have not broken out or noticed any clogged pores either, and I have fairly sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Drinabambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just bought this its great and long lasting and I have extremely oily skin and was in need of a summer bronzer this is perfect and light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy moly! This is amazing!!!!!! It really doesn't look very pigmented or like anything special in the package but it really is great! I have used just about every high end raved-about bronzer and this one blows them all out of the water for many reasons:
* No shimmer
* No hint of orange
* No muddy looking possiblity
* SPF 30
* Decently priced
I think I bought the darker shade, but I can't tell as it is not printed anywhere other than the outer packaging which I don't have anymore. I apply it with an EcoTools powder brush or bronzer brush. The only negative- it is made by PF & they tend to discontinue a product as soon as I discover that I love it. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen with this one. Go get yourself one!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Really nice bronzer from the DS. It's matte but there's a very slight shimmer that doesn't show up on the skin. It is on the powdery side but nothing too bad; very finely milled product! It really does provide that airbrushed look. My skin looks sunkissed but not overdone at all.

I got the lightest shade and it works well for NC20, but I've recently spray-tanned and I'm about NC37 now. It still works nice but not as dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another bronzer winner from PF! These are huge---0.42 ounces each. I got both the "light bronzer" and "bronzer" colors. I love the satiny-matte finish...it applies beautifully and warms up my light-to-medium skintone. My face does look like it's been airbrushed! I got these for half-off, $7, so no complaints about the sale price :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No