July 30, 2014 | 1872 users online

Liquid - Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - OCC SKIN: Airbrush Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by AspenSummer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a disappointing foundation considering almost every review on the internet praises it as having "surprisingly high-coverage" and that "anyone can find their perfect match." I love OCC as it is a cruelty-free company and I have a major obsession with their lip tars so I figured I would at least like their foundation. My skin has really yellow undertones so I obviously went for the Y series. Here's where the problems start, because there is nothing yellow about it even though that's what the Y stands for. Even out of the bottle, I kept thinking that it was kind of orange but hoped that it would blend out or somehow match my skin anyway. After applying it to just half my face, I was in absolute shock. My face was two shades darker than my neck, and it was straight up orange. We're talking "self-tanning gone horribly wrong" orange. Now I'm already pretty tan but I do get a little lighter over the winter and I also like my foundations to be just a tad lighter anyway so that I can warm it up with some bronzer without looking muddy. I chose to go with Y2 because it was one of the kind of light/kind of tan shades and I saw reviews of girls who were lighter than me wearing Y2 so I honestly have no idea how it got so dark. If that isn't enough (which it pretty much is for me), the coverage is pretty dismal. I guess it could be buildable, but if you have lots of scarring or acne, you better look elsewhere because this won't even touch it. I can't honestly say anything about the longevity of this foundation because I immediately washed it off of my face since there was no way I was going out in public like that. All in all, this is not worth the hype or the $$ price tag. There are other cruelty-free brands out there that make fantastic foundations with real human skin colors and actual coverage (Lorac, Too Faced, Tarte...just to name a few), so don't waste your time or money on this junk.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation along with its corresponding concealer. Since it's not available in Canada (not where I live, anyway), I ordered it online and had it shipped to me. At $25 per bottle, this was quite expensive once shipping was added.

As with the concealer, I bought the lightest yellow-toned foundation. Although I don't use a makeup airbrush and never intend to, this product is said to be usable without the airbrush. Well, I imagine that it applies better and may be more buildable with an airbrush, but just using my fingers to apply the foundation resulted in a product that's not all that great.

It is water-based, which is what I prefer for my really dry skin. However, it offers very little coverage after one application. I usually don't build with foundation, so I haven't tried that. I'm doubtful building layers would make a huge difference in the coverage it offers since it's quite sheer in the first place. It also doesn't sink into the skin and leave streaks where it's been applied. Too much blending seems to actually remove the product from my skin entirely, so trying to blend around my nose actually thins out the coverage even more. It also needs to be set with a powder. After half a day, it seemed to almost disappear from my face.

For the price and the hype about this foundation, it is a seriously pricey disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this but unfortunately it didn't end up working out. You're able to build this up without looking cakey (medium coverage) and it would be amazing for people with dry skin. It didn't break me out or anything but it DID end up melting off of my face even in really cold weather. I have extremely oily skin and I guess the foundation isn't fit to deal with oily messes due to the fact that there's not silicone in it (which is why I got this in the first place...silicone allergy.)

Anyway the color was completely fine but since I'm oily it oxidized right away and I ended up looking orange (maybe I'll use it as bronzer?) I highly recommend it to ladies with dry skin because it's REALLY moisturizing. I will go ahead and say that it lasted about two or three hours, if you powder your face and such. I also recommend throwing it in the fridge to keep the formula intact.

Another thing is that.......for about five more dollars you can get the mac face and body and get four times as much foundation but....mac DOES test on animals so if that's an issue, definitely stick to this.