CeraVe Face Lotion SPF 50

2.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4.9%....Purpose: Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 4.7%....Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Peg-8 Laurate, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Trisiloxane, Arachidyl Alcohol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Hydrated Silica, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 Ll, Ceramide 1, Niacinamide, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Stearate, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Arachidyl Glucoside, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Bisabolol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ehtylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Pantothenic Acid/Yeast Polypeptide, Peg-8, Xanthan Gum, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Disodium Edta, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Triethoxycaprylysilane.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not surprised by the low rating! The claim "invisible zinc' is a joke. I have pretty fair skin, and the white cast is crazy. Yes, it is possible to really work it in if you use a little and really press into the skin...but using so little does not give adequate sun protection. Also, when I have dry skin this disaster turns into a catastrophe. White cast will not fade and flakes everywhere.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product because of the rating it got on beautyPedia (paulas choice) and because of the great skin ingredients.I don't care for the chemical sunscreens as much as the sun blockers. I love the Cera Ve cleansers and moisturizers bit this sunscreen is not good. The first time I used it I put a dime size amount in the palm of my hands and rubbed it between my fingers that's when I felt little gritty pills like things. Like there was a micro scrub in it. I thought maybe I used touch also I notice there was a white film (not to bad) on my face that people thought I was sick.the next day I put it on with a beauty blender. That left little scrubbies in my blender so I had to buy a new one. I thought maybe it was mixing with the aha's that I use so I experimented for a week. One day I used the cleanser and moisturizer then put on sunscreen still had the gritty sensation and the white cast. The next day I used a cleanser and the sunscreen still had the cast and you could really see it in my eyebrows. I'm going to keep the product because I'm not throwing it away at $12 a tube however I think I'm only going to use it in the summer time at the pool that way is expected to have a white face. But I'm going to go back to my Neutrogena liquid sunscreen for under my makeup. But if you haven't already you need to try the Cera Ve cleansers and moisturizers they are awesome. .. not greasy or oily and they work great.

Almost $14 for 2oz

IT WILL LEAVE YOUR FACE WHITE. NO, I DIDN'T APPLY TOO MUCH.

It has a thicker consistency than Murad matte primer and it will NOT spread easily or evenly.

No smell or irritation, feels like nothing on skin but looks straight up WHITE on the face!!

This has got to be one of the worst sunscreens I've ever used. It leaves a strong white grey cast on the skin. It's not completely absorbed by the skin no matter how much rubbing or waiting time is allowed for. It definitely shows up pores on the skin - see the photo I uploaded of my arm. I used my usual daily foundation over the top of it (Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous) and it made look so cakey, matte and flat. This foundation is otherwise quite natural looking. The only positive I can find is that it didn't irritate my skin or make it feel greasy. Definitely not a rebuy. Awful!

My dermatologist recommends cerave with ceramics spf for daily wear which is great but I wanted to try this one because I believe it's new. Not light weight at all, it leaves a horrible super white ghost like residue even if you blend it out well. It casts an awful grey cast under foundation. No cerave this in light weight and it's in the face isle not body isle so I know this is geared towards the face.

This sunscreen smells like some. sort of veterinary medicine & is like smearing desitin ointment on your face. It is awful. I would. never buy this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Used this once and am returning it. It is not clear on me and I am very pale and the niacinamide irritated my sensitive eyelid. I felt like if I used it again, my lids would get red and dry. Pity since the ingredient list has some useful anti-aging ingredients besides decent sunscreen ingredients.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If I could give this 0 lippies, I would. Lots of other reviewers complained of this leaving a white cast, and since I am extremely fair I figured this would not be a problem. I was wrong. This feels like you are spreading Elmer's Glue on your face. It is so sticky, and you cannot get it to sink in no matter how hard you try. It leaves a terrible white cast and made my face irritated. I usually love Cera Ve products, but this one is definitely a dud. This would not work for any skin type.

Unfortunately I did not read the reviews before buying this. I agree with everything the other negative reviews have said. This sunscreen is a thick and pasty, and despite the invisible zinc claim, the white cast from this is terrible. My skin is light as it is, and this leaves a noticeable white mask over it. No amount of rubbing helps. It also feels heavy and makes my skin feel a little irritated and itchy. Also it does not contain added fragrance, but the scent that the ingredients give off makes it smell faintly of paint. Weird and gross. Not a fan of this one at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like many of the reviewers below, I have several CeraVe products and bought this thinking I couldn't go wrong. Broad spectrum high SPF protection, lightweight, dries clear, water resistant for 80 minutes, and contains ceramides and niacinamide? Great! Except NOOooooo. Not good at all.

I've tried several times to make this work and have given up. The formula is terrible and I don't know how this even made it out of product testing, or who wrote the ludicrous claims on the packaging.

Firstly, it says this product "is like no other sunscreen you've ever experienced." Well I suppose that's true, because I've never had any other sunscreen make me look like a dry, flaky ghost the way this one does. Then it describes the product as a "lightweight formula that spreads easily and dries with a clear finish." LIES. It's a very thick white cream that dries much too quickly as you try to spread it. Even when I try to work with it in small patches, it's almost impossible to avoid streaks. And once it dries, anything you do to fix the streaks will make it flake and look worse. What part of "clear" actually means opaque? If it had a clear finish, my husband wouldn't have said, "Whoah you look like a geisha!" the moment he saw me with this on. The package also says, "May also reduce skin redness." Well yes, it may happen to reduce redness, as it also reduces any other color on your face, including your actual skin color, to pasty whiteness.

I tried applying it to bare skin and putting makeup over it to put some color back in my face. But unless I caked foundation and bronzer over, you could still see the streaks. Plus it felt like I was wearing a mask. I tried mixing it with my foundation, to make a tinted sunscreen. I still came out looking several shades whiter. I tried putting on less, but then I was sacrificing protection and it was still hard to spread and streaky.

There are some pros, to be fair. It's fragrance free and didn't irritate my sensitive skin. And I have no doubt that it really does provide the protection it claims. But I will only be wearing it when I go out for a run, or other outdoor sports, when I don't care what I look like. For a more expensive sunscreen, it's really disappointing. It finally spurred me to order some Asian sunscreens from Amazon, because it seems that the Asian brands actually know how to make highly protective sunscreens that you won't hate wearing.

Top Rated CeraVe Products