Philosophy In the Pocket Brush Set

3.5

on 12/7/2005 7:06:00 PM

I agree with the last reviewer. These brushes are GREAT. Not only that, I was getting a makeover and I brought my all brushes b/c I was going to do my own bridal makeup (which people actually thought I paid someone to do my makeup) and the MA which was some bigshot doing free makeovers at one of those events stated "those are Philosophy? wow, what a great Bobbi Brown knockoff!" Nuff said.

on 10/27/2002 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok, I have to disagree w/the other ladies here =) However, I must point out that the reason they dislike it is the reason that I love it! These are small, makeup bag-in-your-purse sized brushes. Excellent! I have been looking for brushes this size for a LONG time but I didn't want to shell out the $ for Trish's or Cat's (something like $75 or so, yikes). These are great for carrying in your purse for touch-ups, or for when you're running late and have to do the face at work, or even if you have somewhere to go right after gym/aerobics whatever. Toss 'em in your purse w/your tiny GWP Lancome e/s or your Trish Cards (LOL you know you have some) and go! I've been disappointed that most travel sized brushes are much larger than what I wanted; these are just perfect. Quality seems nice, too; bristles are soft and densely packed. Oh and it includes the MOST important brush to me; eyeliner! Always difficult for me to find travel-sized eyeliner brushes, hmmm.... 5 brushes in this set for $25, and they fit in my *little* makeup bag; can't beat that with a stick!

on 10/27/2002 5:20:00 AM

Yeah, what she said. I didn't even realize that's why i was so disappointed. I noticed they were small, but i thought i just didn't like them. I put them in my saks bag and they were just too darn small to look cute. And especially with those light wooden handles? Well you don't want your brushes walking around looking cheap do you! I think i will definitely send mine back now. Thanks Nancy B.

on 10/26/2002 5:42:00 PM

I ordered this set from QVC for $25. I thought I was getting travel size brushes, but they are much smaller than travel size. The brushes are 3-4" in length and remind me of brushes that are included in palettes. The brush heads are fine for the e/s, lip, and liner brushes, but for the blending and blush brushes, they are way too small to do a good job on your face. Thumbs down, I'm sending these back. Shame on QVC for not mentioning the size!!

Popular Makeup Brushes