September 1, 2014 | 1944 users online

Liquid - Dolce & Gabbana - Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pretty surprised to see such low ratings for this foundation, especially since I find all of the D&G foundations quite nice. I was on the hunt for a long wearing, nearly full coverage foundation with luminosity. My skin ranges from normal to extremely dry, but is in otherwise good shape. This foundation wore VERY well for my entire work day without budging, did not turn oily, nor did it make my skin feel dry. It doesn't set as "wet" as you might expect a luminous foundation to, but has a gold pearlescent sheen to it that makes the skin looks luminous and perfect. It's got components in it that might make flaky or very dry skin a little uncomfortable. It's not hydrating, it's just not drying. I don't know what the description is for coverage but on me this is full coverage. I got the color Natural Glow 100. I wear NC 20/25 in MAC, GA Luminous Silk 3.5, UD Naked Skin 3... I love YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat but only have a color match (BD10) in the winter as B30 is WAY yellow (but would otherwise match), and B40 is too dark (BD40 is a little lighter but kind of ashy). I love the YSL enough to mix to get my color but it's nice that this has a match for me. On most days YSL provides enough coverage and wear for a casual work day or running errands, but when I want to really take it up a notch with coverage, this is the ticket, I really love this foundation. Stay tuned for a comparison shot of me wearing this next to me wearing YSL.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mickansley123

This is my HG foundation. I have tried soooo many high-end foundations but this one has the most beautiful finish and doesn't harm my skin. Thank you once again D&G for another AMAZING product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by samhuynh97

This is bad foundation I ever used

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is not a very well executed foundation. The packaging is nice, the pump will pump 1/2 1/4 pumps which is nice. The formula is odd. It's on par with Covergirl foundations or something else from the drugstore. It is not lumionous, it settles into pores, works iffy on dry skin.

The shade range is amazing for pale people. I own this in 60 Classic and it is a neutrel pale, as pale as Nars Siberia.

You can make this foundation work by mixing primer into it. I use Maybelinne Baby Skin and apply with fingers. If you want it to be lumionous you could mix it with a lumionizer too.

I wouldn't suggest buying this foundation with your own money. If you find it in a swap than yeah, get it if you're extremely pale and hard to color match.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Maikel349

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this foundation as an sample from the SA at Harrods London, i was a little bit curious to try this foundation since the face of the SA didnt look that good. She was extremely mat and dry. At the moment im a Giorgio armani 6.5, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 30. She colormatched me colour Bronze.

When i applied this foundation with my foundation brush it felt really soft and light wich is a pro for me. i could easily layer this foundation so i could build op the coverage where i wanted it. The colour did seem ok when i applied it and i finished it off with my Kryolan loose powder and Chanel Les Beiges in 40.

After 4 hours my skin started looking oily instead of dewy and the color was oxidizing, so i started to look more orange :( When i eventually wanted to take my makeup off and looked in the mirror i saw that the foundation wasnt in place anymore. to bad:(

Im giving this foundation 2 lips, maybe their other foundations will do better. I will write a review about those asap!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Naturalchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ordered the foundation on the internet without trying it first because I can not buy the brand in my country. I'm a nc20 fair but varm skin, I bought the 75 bisque and 78 beige and they are both too light for me (I look a bit sick with both colors on) 75 is yellow and 78 is neural and too pink for me. No oxidation on my skin. The coverage is suppose to be luminous and light/medium, but I think it is medium/high and it is not luminous on my skin at all. It has a nice creamy texture and does not have a smell/perfume, that I like! The staying power is very good, stays on all day without rubbing off. But it looks horrible on my skin because it highlights all of my dry flakes, even on the eyelids. This foundation is very drying on me. This is NOT for dry skin, maybe this foundation could work for an oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I am a self-proclaimed liquid foundation junkie, so as soon as I saw that D&G had released a liquid foundation, I felt very excited and couldn't resist -- I just had to try. The bottle looked very nice as soon as I opened the box, it is a nice glass pump bottle with a shiny gold cap (the sticker at the bottom of the bottle even says it is Made in Japan!). I will admit that whenever a brand name such as D&G is attached to a foundation, I always have high hopes, so I was giddy with excitement when washing and priming my face in the morning in preparation to wear this for the first time. Unfortunately, my excitement was short-lived -- at first, it seemed to look nice right after I put it on, it provided decent medium coverage, had no fragrance, and I loved the texture of the foundation (not too much slip, spread well and evenly on the skin) ... but then within less than an hour, I was horrified to see that my face had turned quite oily and shiny! I have combo skin and this foundation definitely made my face grease up very quickly, much quicker than most other foundations. By 10am, I had to blot my face with blotting papers and it was soaked. Ugh, I was so disappointed. In addition, I noticed it also seemed to oxidize over the course of the day (no surprise there, anytime a product makes my face greasy it almost always oxidizes) and it just didn't wear well at all. I had to touch up multiple times over the course of the day with a compact and parts of this foundation just wore off and other parts (due to how badly it greased up my face) just clung onto my touch-up powder. I selected Shade 78 Beige for my NC20/25 skin and at first, it seemed to be a tad light when first applied but then it oxidized on me very fast so that was soon a non-issue. I also noticed at no time did I ever find this foundation to have a "luminous" finish to it, not even when first applied, the finish was rather flat, satiny at most. Maybe they mixed up something here -- a product that makes your skin grease up is not equivalent to "luminous"!!! I definitely cannot recommend this foundation to anyone with combination skin or oily skin, perhaps drier skinned gals would have more luck than I did. I would definitely choose GA Luminous Silk or YSL Le Teint Touch Eclat over this foundation any day.