Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation

on 8/15/2015 7:25:00 PM

It's amazing

on 8/7/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bar none, this is the most high maintenance foundation I have ever come across. I've worn this for the last week and I'm still scratching my head at it.

The packaging for it is gorgeous: a weighted glass bottle with gold cap and writing. It's lovely as you might expect a $61 foundation to be. The pump dispenses an adequate amount of product, though for the coverage I like, I often add a quarter pump more. It's a liquidy foundation, but not entirely runny. If you move your hand, it will slowly slide in the direction you point your hand.

The pigmentation starts at a very nice medium coverage; it's very lightweight and I've forgotten I've even been wearing foundation several times throughout the day. It comes in a variety of shades, 15 in total. There are some shades for POC, but for the most part, it is not entirely a very inclusive brand. I wore 75 Bisque which is approximately NC15; it fits cool yellow undertones very well. It looked very natural when first applied and definitely allows your skin to breathe.

The wear time is OK; a primer definitely helps (with one, I got through maybe 5-6 hours before wear and tear was starting), though this is where the product starts to get fussy. I experimented with several primers on this foundation: Laura Mercier Hydrating (my HG; water-based) and upon learning it hated water-based primers in separating (this is a silicone-based foundation), I experimented with a few silicone-based primers (Porefessional, Hourglass Veil Mineral, and Smashbox Blemish Free.) It played best with Hourglass Veil Mineral (and I suspect it is because it is a similar type of product to the D&G Primer that is an outrageous ~$60 for 1 oz.), but it was still very drying and definitely showed off my dry patches. I also noticed that it oxidized throughout the day. The other two primers I tried also experienced separation while I used the same moisturizer for all attempts (CeraVe in the tub). Like I said, it's high maintenance. It did not oxidize orange, but it was a few stops short of going there.

I have sensitive skin due to medication, and I don't *think* it broke me out, but the last few days I have been seeing some zits crop up, so I'm not sure if it is because of this or my diet (I had my bosses come in from out of town; a lot of crappy eating.)

Overall, between the price, highlighting my dry spots, and being a general pain in the ass, I just can't justify using this product and would not repurchase.

Pros:

- Variety of shades
- Medium pigmentation
- Natural-looking finish
- Not scented
- Gorgeous packaging
- Comes with a pump that dispenses ideal amount of product

Cons:

- Highlights dry patches
- Oxidizes
- Very high maintenance (does not play nice with all silicone-based primers)
- Limited shades for POCs

on 4/4/2015 3:06:00 AM

Even though this foundation is supposed to suit all the different skin types, I do notice that we girls with dry-very dry skin are actually liking it more than our friends with combination or oily skin.

To me - this is a perfect skin foundation. It is quite lightweight, takes seconds to apply and it doesn't go stripy, doesn't oxidize and just beautifies my overall complexion. Considering my skin sometimes has dry patches here and there, D&G foundation seems to smooth them so that they don't even show. It also manages to cover pores on my nose and some of the dark spots I have on my chin from old blemishes. I do notice that whenever I wear this product my skin feels happy, it can breathe and the formula only compensates what my dry skin naturally lacks.

I think if you want a better review on this product it is worth checking out this in-depth review here. Hopefully it will be beneficial to some of you!

on 10/11/2014 9:42:00 PM

This liquid foundation actually has a creamy consistency, although not as thick as Ellis Faas, it spreads easily and well. Color match is actually very good, and the color 100 Natural Glow is an almost perfect match for my NC25 skin. Despite all this, I have a myriad of problems with this foundation. When it's on, it just doesn't look good. It's advertised as a dewy, luminous finish but I see an almost sweaty finish that is dry to the touch. Like a perfecting foundation with tons of oil shining through. Not the best finish at all - not to mention that it seems to emphasize all textural issues. With the foundation on, my skin color may be evened out but my overall skin actually looks worse. So strange! Such a disappointment for me as I had such high hopes for this one. Even the long wearing Lancome TI 24H and Armani LSF are better at blurring skin textures. It is easy to spread, but seems to dry to a cakier finish that seems to sit on top of the skin rather than meld not matter how much I try to work/buff it in. On top of all this, it doesn't seem to hold up during the day and feels heavier on the skin. This foundation is a no-go for me. I actually tried and like the Dolce & Gabbana cream foundation, but decided to buy this one because I generally like liquid foundations better than cream. That was a decidedly bad decision.

on 8/22/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I was pretty surprised to see such low ratings for this foundation, especially since I find all of the D&G foundations quite nice. I was on the hunt for a long wearing, nearly full coverage foundation with luminosity. My skin ranges from normal to extremely dry, but is in otherwise good shape. This foundation wore VERY well for my entire work day without budging, did not turn oily, nor did it make my skin feel dry. It doesn't set as "wet" as you might expect a luminous foundation to, but has a gold pearlescent sheen to it that makes the skin looks luminous and perfect. It's got components in it that might make flaky or very dry skin a little uncomfortable. It's not hydrating, it's just not drying. I don't know what the description is for coverage but on me this is full coverage. I got the color Natural Glow 100. I wear NC 20/25 in MAC, GA Luminous Silk 3.5, UD Naked Skin 3... I love YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat but only have a color match (BD10) in the winter as B30 is WAY yellow (but would otherwise match), and B40 is too dark (BD40 is a little lighter but kind of ashy). I love the YSL enough to mix to get my color but it's nice that this has a match for me. On most days YSL provides enough coverage and wear for a casual work day or running errands, but when I want to really take it up a notch with coverage, this is the ticket, I really love this foundation. Stay tuned for a comparison shot of me wearing this next to me wearing YSL.

on 7/19/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG foundation. I have tried soooo many high-end foundations but this one has the most beautiful finish and doesn't harm my skin. Thank you once again D&G for another AMAZING product!

on 4/17/2014 5:40:00 PM

This is bad foundation I ever used

on 4/13/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is not a very well executed foundation. The packaging is nice, the pump will pump 1/2 1/4 pumps which is nice. The formula is odd. It's on par with Covergirl foundations or something else from the drugstore. It is not lumionous, it settles into pores, works iffy on dry skin.

The shade range is amazing for pale people. I own this in 60 Classic and it is a neutrel pale, as pale as Nars Siberia.

You can make this foundation work by mixing primer into it. I use Maybelinne Baby Skin and apply with fingers. If you want it to be lumionous you could mix it with a lumionizer too.

I wouldn't suggest buying this foundation with your own money. If you find it in a swap than yeah, get it if you're extremely pale and hard to color match.

on 6/28/2013 3:43:00 PM

I got this foundation as an sample from the SA at Harrods London, i was a little bit curious to try this foundation since the face of the SA didnt look that good. She was extremely mat and dry. At the moment im a Giorgio armani 6.5, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 30. She colormatched me colour Bronze.

When i applied this foundation with my foundation brush it felt really soft and light wich is a pro for me. i could easily layer this foundation so i could build op the coverage where i wanted it. The colour did seem ok when i applied it and i finished it off with my Kryolan loose powder and Chanel Les Beiges in 40.

After 4 hours my skin started looking oily instead of dewy and the color was oxidizing, so i started to look more orange :( When i eventually wanted to take my makeup off and looked in the mirror i saw that the foundation wasnt in place anymore. to bad:(

Im giving this foundation 2 lips, maybe their other foundations will do better. I will write a review about those asap!

on 4/6/2013 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I ordered the foundation on the internet without trying it first because I can not buy the brand in my country. I'm a nc20 fair but varm skin, I bought the 75 bisque and 78 beige and they are both too light for me (I look a bit sick with both colors on) 75 is yellow and 78 is neural and too pink for me. No oxidation on my skin. The coverage is suppose to be luminous and light/medium, but I think it is medium/high and it is not luminous on my skin at all. It has a nice creamy texture and does not have a smell/perfume, that I like! The staying power is very good, stays on all day without rubbing off. But it looks horrible on my skin because it highlights all of my dry flakes, even on the eyelids. This foundation is very drying on me. This is NOT for dry skin, maybe this foundation could work for an oily skin.