April 21, 2014 | 987 users online

Liquid - Dolce & Gabbana - Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by samhuynh97

This is bad foundation I ever used

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is not a very well executed foundation. The packaging is nice, the pump will pump 1/2 1/4 pumps which is nice. The formula is odd. It's on par with Covergirl foundations or something else from the drugstore. It is not lumionous, it settles into pores, works iffy on dry skin.

The shade range is amazing for pale people. I own this in 60 Classic and it is a neutrel pale, as pale as Nars Siberia.

You can make this foundation work by mixing primer into it. I use Maybelinne Baby Skin and apply with fingers. If you want it to be lumionous you could mix it with a lumionizer too.

I wouldn't suggest buying this foundation with your own money. If you find it in a swap than yeah, get it if you're extremely pale and hard to color match.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Maikel349

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this foundation as an sample from the SA at Harrods London, i was a little bit curious to try this foundation since the face of the SA didnt look that good. She was extremely mat and dry. At the moment im a Giorgio armani 6.5, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 30. She colormatched me colour Bronze.

When i applied this foundation with my foundation brush it felt really soft and light wich is a pro for me. i could easily layer this foundation so i could build op the coverage where i wanted it. The colour did seem ok when i applied it and i finished it off with my Kryolan loose powder and Chanel Les Beiges in 40.

After 4 hours my skin started looking oily instead of dewy and the color was oxidizing, so i started to look more orange :( When i eventually wanted to take my makeup off and looked in the mirror i saw that the foundation wasnt in place anymore. to bad:(

Im giving this foundation 2 lips, maybe their other foundations will do better. I will write a review about those asap!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Naturalchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ordered the foundation on the internet without trying it first because I can not buy the brand in my country. I'm a nc20 fair but varm skin, I bought the 75 bisque and 78 beige and they are both too light for me (I look a bit sick with both colors on) 75 is yellow and 78 is neural and too pink for me. No oxidation on my skin. The coverage is suppose to be luminous and light/medium, but I think it is medium/high and it is not luminous on my skin at all. It has a nice creamy texture and does not have a smell/perfume, that I like! The staying power is very good, stays on all day without rubbing off. But it looks horrible on my skin because it highlights all of my dry flakes, even on the eyelids. This foundation is very drying on me. This is NOT for dry skin, maybe this foundation could work for an oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I am a self-proclaimed liquid foundation junkie, so as soon as I saw that D&G had released a liquid foundation, I felt very excited and couldn't resist -- I just had to try. The bottle looked very nice as soon as I opened the box, it is a nice glass pump bottle with a shiny gold cap (the sticker at the bottom of the bottle even says it is Made in Japan!). I will admit that whenever a brand name such as D&G is attached to a foundation, I always have high hopes, so I was giddy with excitement when washing and priming my face in the morning in preparation to wear this for the first time. Unfortunately, my excitement was short-lived -- at first, it seemed to look nice right after I put it on, it provided decent medium coverage, had no fragrance, and I loved the texture of the foundation (not too much slip, spread well and evenly on the skin) ... but then within less than an hour, I was horrified to see that my face had turned quite oily and shiny! I have combo skin and this foundation definitely made my face grease up very quickly, much quicker than most other foundations. By 10am, I had to blot my face with blotting papers and it was soaked. Ugh, I was so disappointed. In addition, I noticed it also seemed to oxidize over the course of the day (no surprise there, anytime a product makes my face greasy it almost always oxidizes) and it just didn't wear well at all. I had to touch up multiple times over the course of the day with a compact and parts of this foundation just wore off and other parts (due to how badly it greased up my face) just clung onto my touch-up powder. I selected Shade 78 Beige for my NC20/25 skin and at first, it seemed to be a tad light when first applied but then it oxidized on me very fast so that was soon a non-issue. I also noticed at no time did I ever find this foundation to have a "luminous" finish to it, not even when first applied, the finish was rather flat, satiny at most. Maybe they mixed up something here -- a product that makes your skin grease up is not equivalent to "luminous"!!! I definitely cannot recommend this foundation to anyone with combination skin or oily skin, perhaps drier skinned gals would have more luck than I did. I would definitely choose GA Luminous Silk or YSL Le Teint Touch Eclat over this foundation any day.