August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lip Gloss - It Cosmetics - Je Ne Sais Quoi

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a cool pink that actually works with my olive complexion. It's super soft so don't be a dumbass and leave it in your bag or the car in hot weather. This is better than the Dior lipbalm tinted stick, in my opinion, which left my lips sort of dry.

It hasn't dried out my lips but rather leaves them with a light pink pigmented look, which I rather like. I originally bought the same color in the Vitality cheek/lip stick but I found that for some reason it's much darker and the formula did dry out my lips. Better for the cheeks.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy it again is because it's spendy and I'm on to the new Perricone No Lipstick Lipstick, which I like even better. Given the choice, though, between this tint and the Dior, I'd choose this. Plus the ingredient list is much more skin and environment-friendly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I brought this thinking it could be a dupe for the infamous Dior Lip Glow, which is outrageously expensive & so so effective at giving a pretty lip.

It Cosmetics, Je ne sais quoi, you are no Lip Glow. This product has massacred my lips, making them dry, peeling with a really un appealing uneven fading of color. Is it the stain component? I have no idea but clearly it's not for me.

On a side note, I have had no problem with this breaking off from the tube. I kind of wish it would so I would have an excuse to throw it out.

(Love Story, on the other hand, is a glorious human slightly raspberry shade. Super pretty)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really really love this lip gloss treatment stain but like other reviews below-this lippie is just way too soft to be in this type of packaging! i used it twice, with the gentlest of pressure and it already broke off and i had to smash it back in with my finger. now i basically just twist up the bare minimum and smear it onto my lip. this color is sheer but once it comes in contact with the heat from your lips it changes color. so on everyone it will kind of be a different shade of pink. its SUPER natural looking (think MLBB & glossy!) and SO moisturizing-i really love it! but i wont repurchase unless they repackage. its not cheap, so the last thing i want is to be using it out in public somewhere and 90% of it just flops onto the ground! please change the package IT cosmetics! a squeeze tube applicator perhaps??

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

I may be the lone dissenter here but this color is not flattering. Its a very cool fuschia pink that looks strange. The consistency is too mushy for a twist up lip stick/balm. The same color in the tube gloss is even brighter and more garish! Gloss over this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm giving this 5 stars for product, and one star for packaging. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is too soft to be in lipstick form and melts, smushes, and breaks off the base way too easily. This would be better in Chapstick form, or even in a pot or tin (I know, I know, it would be unsanitary that way, but maybe if they included a small lip brush?) As for the product, it's lovely, smooth, silky and even though it seems unscented it does have a very light, very barely noticeable indescribable pleasant (sweet/fruity) scent. It gives my lips a light cherry pink glow, and when it wears off it leaves behind a flushed stain. Not quite Koolaid lips, but definitely pinker and brighter than natural lips. This has no irritating ingredients (Paula Begoun gives this a "best" rating as well), and it's a nice little luxury product, however it is a pricey product at $20 bucks a pop, so I don't think I will repurchase, but it sure is nice to have at the moment, and I recommend to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by sherikorp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Read that this was the 'must have' of the season, so I got online and ordered it. With shipping it was close to $30, so when I opened it - I was disappointed. Thinking it looked like nothing more than a glorified chapstick - it was clear...or so I thought. First application I couldn't deny how smooth and creamy it went on. Again, no color. But within minutes, a soft, dewy pink was apparent on my lips. I didn't look made up, just 'flushed'....which is a fantastic way to do your lips, when wearing a heavy eye/mascara. Just enough color to run out so I don't look like the living dead (we're all pastey after this winter). But what is more amazing about this lipcolor is the healing properties within it. I had really dry peeling lips due to the dry air. Putting this on during the day, and even wearing it to bed...my lips are full and plump again!! The 'stain' effect - wouldn't buy it for that, as it's not a saturated color. But for every other reason - give it a shot. I'm going back for more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this as well. My dentist (female) asked what I had on my lips during one visit. This stuff feels like velvet and leaves your lips feeling wonderful. I don't know about others at MA, but a lot of glosses and balms leave my lips feeling a little "starched" (if that's the right word). The only downside to Je Ne Sais Quoi is that it breaks even if you only swivel up a tiny amount. I am on my third or fourth tube. I am going to try the Sephora Color Reveal Lip Balm which is about half the price. I will report back.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG lip product! I bought this online from Ulta and I can tell that I will go through it fairly quickly ($$$) so I just bought 2 backups on eBay. I am fair cool toned blonde blue eyes and this turns the most beautiful naturally rosy color with a healthy sheen. Gorgeous! I have dry lips normally and the Nebraska winter is wreaking havoc but this product is my lifesaver. It is very moisturizing and wears very comfortably. I despise lipsticks and sticky gloss and anything that has a scent. This is a game changer for anyone like me who loves makeup/beauty products but hates the look and feel of lipstick. Order online through Ulta, you can always return in-store!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

If you don't like lipstick, this might be the first one you'll love. When I bought this last summer I didn't like it very much. It just doesn't seem to do much on my lips. I knew what to expect because of all the presentations on QVC, but it just seemed more intense. Judging by the comments from the other reviewers, it might just be me, since it really does self-adjust. On me, it turns a sheer, rosy pink. It's very pretty, but I just thought I'd get more color. Also the staying power isn't much, which is not surprising considering how emollient it is. It doesn't really stain my lips much, so when it wears off I'm just left with the tiniest hint of pink. Again that's probably just me, but that's the one reason I had to knock this down from 4 lippies to five.

But I'll tell ya, the past few weeks I've really grown to appreciate it! Chicago weather has been an absolute nightmare. I use all sorts of moisturizing balms, glosses, elixirs, yadda yadda yadda. Nothing soothes my lips like Je Ne Sais Quoi. The ingredient list is absolutely stellar: no mint, no scent, no CRAP. It just feels amazing. I have worn it down to the tiniest little nub and now I'm almost out. You know how many lipsticks I've completely worn down in my life? None. Not a single one. This will certainly be the first. That says it all.

A word to the wise: QVC (not affiliated) sells the Vitality Lip Flushes in duos and trios, so don't pay full price $20 for one lipstick at Ulta! I think I'm going to have to buy it again once I get my next paycheck. I don't see how I can get through January and February without it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by steffiecee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never, ever used a product non-stop and so faithfully like this tube of lipstick. It feels amazing going on and completely moisturizes my lips better than ANY chapstick or other product designed to moisturize lips that I've used. It wasn't just a temporary layer of moisture that just sat there to make my lips look great, either. Over the few months that I've used it, my lips are rarely ever feeling dry and they look better than they ever have, even without the product on.

The way the product looks in the tube versus the color it appears on your lips is quite different, but in a good way. It appears to be extremely light pink in the tube, but it goes on as a much darker than how it appears in the tube flush that looks natural and gorgeous (but it's not actually DARK on your lips, if that makes sense).

I've recommended this product to every woman in the office and am about to buy my second tube. Not even the extremely expensive, high end brands have ever delivered results like this, and the color remains on the lips for quite awhile and is so pretty that I don't even need gloss. This is without a doubt my HG!