January 26, 2015 | 1303 users online

Pressed Powders - Sleek - Luminous Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I guess this really is a "your mileage may vary product." I wanted just a tiny bit more shimmer than it offers. I mean, I actually see no shimmer at all. It does a C- job of mattifying (I am combo/oily) but the color pay off is meh. I got the darkest shade available it is still a good two shades lighter than I need it to be. (It looked much darker online). I think I'm done with my Sleek experiment. So far, nothing I've purchased and waited two weeks for has wowed me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

This is exactly what I have been looking for, a product that doesn't have the extreme shimmer effect and more of a light reflecting powder.

I wanted a powdered product that I could use as highlight (without the extreme shimmer effect) and this is perfect the tiny shimmer particles are fine but give you a glow that reflects the light.

The powder puff that comes with this is useless but I prefer to use a big fluffy powder brush anyway

This powder is cheap to buy and packaging is sturdy with a mirror inside, overall great!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Pinklady1984

This is the first sleek product that I have been disappointed with :( it really did nothing for my skin. I looked shiny and oily on my t zone within an hour or so, which is a lot less time than with most powders. you couldnt seen the luminous (sparkly) bits at all and it didnt have a nice texture. wont be buying or using again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Product Description: With SPF 15 to protect against harmful UV rays, Luminous Pressed Powder is infused with light reflecting mica pigments for a fresh, dewy glow. $9 on Sleek website.

I just received this powder and I like it. I admit I thought it would be bigger than it is. (It isn't as big as MAC MSF.) I've been on the hunt for a replacement for my MSF, and I think this might be it. When you open the compact, immediately you see sparkles in this powder. I was thinking "damn do I have to use this as a highlighter now?", but when you put it on your skin, there is no shimmer or sparkle at all. It does give a "glow" or "radiance" to the skin. I think any skin type could use this. I don't have oily skin, so I can't say how well it would control oil. It does not take much product at all.

Today I only used concealer and this, and I'm happy with the coverage. Its not massive coverage, but it does even out the skintone. I am about a MAC NC10-15, and I ordered this in Shade 01 for fair skin. Good color match.

Would definitely repurchase.