December 21, 2014 | 1833 users online

Pressed Powders - Sleek - Luminous Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I guess this really is a "your mileage may vary product." I wanted just a tiny bit more shimmer than it offers. I mean, I actually see no shimmer at all. It does a C- job of mattifying (I am combo/oily) but the color pay off is meh. I got the darkest shade available it is still a good two shades lighter than I need it to be. (It looked much darker online). I think I'm done with my Sleek experiment. So far, nothing I've purchased and waited two weeks for has wowed me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

This is exactly what I have been looking for, a product that is like a highlight but without the extreme shimmer effect highlighters leave.

I wanted a powdered product that I could use instead of a concealer for my highlight/contouring and this is perfect, it is light enough to give the highlight effect and the tiny shimmer particles are fine but give that glow that reflects the light in the right places on your face.

The powder pad that comes with this is useless but I use a big fluffy powder brush to apply to my forehead, nose, chin and cheekbones (then I contour).

Price is cheap, packaging is sturdy and has a mirror inside, overall great!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Pinklady1984

This is the first sleek product that I have been disappointed with :( it really did nothing for my skin. I looked shiny and oily on my t zone within an hour or so, which is a lot less time than with most powders. you couldnt seen the luminous (sparkly) bits at all and it didnt have a nice texture. wont be buying or using again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Product Description: With SPF 15 to protect against harmful UV rays, Luminous Pressed Powder is infused with light reflecting mica pigments for a fresh, dewy glow. $9 on Sleek website.

I just received this powder and I like it. I admit I thought it would be bigger than it is. (It isn't as big as MAC MSF.) I've been on the hunt for a replacement for my MSF, and I think this might be it. When you open the compact, immediately you see sparkles in this powder. I was thinking "damn do I have to use this as a highlighter now?", but when you put it on your skin, there is no shimmer or sparkle at all. It does give a "glow" or "radiance" to the skin. I think any skin type could use this. I don't have oily skin, so I can't say how well it would control oil. It does not take much product at all.

Today I only used concealer and this, and I'm happy with the coverage. Its not massive coverage, but it does even out the skintone. I am about a MAC NC10-15, and I ordered this in Shade 01 for fair skin. Good color match.

Would definitely repurchase.