Splat Luscious Raspberries

4.7

on 10/17/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this color for almost two years now. The first time I used it my hair was black, and I bleached it to a light brown/copper color with blonde streaks.
The color came out super vibrant, and red all over.
I highly recommend using this dye on light brown/copper/ginger hair if you're going for an "Ariel red"
I have a few friends who were blonde when they used this color, and they ended up with almost neon red hair, that basically looked like a clown wig. Remember the movie "It" by Stephen King? Yeah, that's the color it turns out.
I dyed my hair with this 4 months ago, and although I love the color, I wanted to try their Lusty Lavender, so I did everything I could to remove the red. I bleached it three times, and I tried to scrub it out with dandruff shampoo for a few weeks, and it is still a very vibrant red.
I'll probably just end up dying it red again since I can't get it out anyways.

If you're looking for a temporary red, DO NOT use Splats luscious raspberries.
It lasts for a really long time, and leaves hair permanently stained with red/brassy tones.
It doesn't bleach out either, it only makes the red brighter.

on 1/12/2014 4:23:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago at Walgreens. At the time I had a job that was really strict on hair color but let me get away with really vibrant reds, so I bought this because the red on the box was exactly what I was looking for.

The bleach in the box only lightened my hair to a light orange, and I left it on for about an hour and a half, but I didn't mind because I figured that when the red faded it would fade to a coppery color (which looks ok with my skin tone). My hair strands are pretty thick an wirey so I've never been able to bleach blonde with drugstore bleaches.

I did a lot of research before I started dying. So I left it on for about 8 hours under a shower cap and applied heat with a hair dryer every hour for a minute or so. I rinsed it out in cold water and didn't shampoo after.

Unfortunately, despite the orange base, the color came out a very vibrant hot pink with fuchsia undertones. I don't know whether I got a wonky batch or not because some people do get the red on the box, so who knows? I did actually really love the color, but I couldn't have it like that at my job so after a week I had to dye my hair over with a Garnier Nutrisse dark red. The whole thing ended up an awesome dark violet with pink streaks and the whole shindig didn't fry my hair at all.

When it was hot pink it tended to bleed whenever I sweated, and it stained my pillowcase a bit even though I slept with my hair up. It did bleed a lot in the shower, too, but I washed it with color water and just didn't shampoo it until it had been dyed over with the darker color.

I would definitely try this brand again though maybe not this color.

on 3/27/2013 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As an Asian, I naturally have black hair. I wanted to find a quick and cheap way to dye my hair into a lighter or red, vibrant color with or without bleach. I've tried a few products in the past that guaranteed to turn black hair into a red color, but it just didn't work for me. It was way too dark of a red to even be noticed and it just washed out quick. So disappointing. So, I gave up searching for a while.

But as of today, this by far has been the best and cheapest product I have ever found. And I'm positive that it will work for you too! Splat has many vibrant colors available with different hair coloring products at great prices.

I bought this product for $7.99 at Walgreen's. I am definitely buying this product again! And it's awesome how it comes along with bleach!

I just dyed one of my extensions to create a highlight of it in my hair. I can't dye my natural hair for work reasons now. But it's amazing! I'm so happy with Splat. Now I know that I have a hair coloring brand I can turn to when I want to dye my hair vibrant colors. I will be dying more of my hair extensions. Yay!

Thank you Splat! :) <3