September 2, 2014 | 1777 users online

Hair Color - Splat Raspberry Red

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Abraxnis

I bought this about a year ago at Walgreens. At the time I had a job that was really strict on hair color but let me get away with really vibrant reds, so I bought this because the red on the box was exactly what I was looking for.

The bleach in the box only lightened my hair to a light orange, and I left it on for about an hour and a half, but I didn't mind because I figured that when the red faded it would fade to a coppery color (which looks ok with my skin tone). My hair strands are pretty thick an wirey so I've never been able to bleach blonde with drugstore bleaches.

I did a lot of research before I started dying. So I left it on for about 8 hours under a shower cap and applied heat with a hair dryer every hour for a minute or so. I rinsed it out in cold water and didn't shampoo after.

Unfortunately, despite the orange base, the color came out a very vibrant hot pink with fuchsia undertones. I don't know whether I got a wonky batch or not because some people do get the red on the box, so who knows? I did actually really love the color, but I couldn't have it like that at my job so after a week I had to dye my hair over with a Garnier Nutrisse dark red. The whole thing ended up an awesome dark violet with pink streaks and the whole shindig didn't fry my hair at all.

When it was hot pink it tended to bleed whenever I sweated, and it stained my pillowcase a bit even though I slept with my hair up. It did bleed a lot in the shower, too, but I washed it with color water and just didn't shampoo it until it had been dyed over with the darker color.

I would definitely try this brand again though maybe not this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by romster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As an Asian, I naturally have black hair. I wanted to find a quick and cheap way to dye my hair into a lighter or red, vibrant color with or without bleach. I've tried a few products in the past that guaranteed to turn black hair into a red color, but it just didn't work for me. It was way too dark of a red to even be noticed and it just washed out quick. So disappointing. So, I gave up searching for a while.

But as of today, this by far has been the best and cheapest product I have ever found. And I'm positive that it will work for you too! Splat has many vibrant colors available with different hair coloring products at great prices.

I bought this product for $7.99 at Walgreen's. I am definitely buying this product again! And it's awesome how it comes along with bleach!

I just dyed one of my extensions to create a highlight of it in my hair. I can't dye my natural hair for work reasons now. But it's amazing! I'm so happy with Splat. Now I know that I have a hair coloring brand I can turn to when I want to dye my hair vibrant colors. I will be dying more of my hair extensions. Yay!

Thank you Splat! :) <3