November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Hair Color - Splat Luscious Raspberries

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by lilmissmay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This hair dye in Luscious Raspberries is absolute perfection. I've used it a few times, and I'm never disappointed. When I used it the first time time all of my hair was a light copper color, with brown low lights and the color came out AMAZING. It was a beautiful vibrant red with light red highlights that were sort of hot pinkish. The second time I used it, was a few days ago. My hair was black because the last time I used Splat, I let it fade because I wanted to try and dye it pink. The red would not come out of my roots. The rest of my hair was a strawberry blonde color and I had bright red roots and I was very insecure about it. I even bleached it a few times and it wouldn't even fade a tiny bit.
So by the end of all this my hair was completely dead so I had to dye it a regular color. And the only color I like on me other than red, is black. So a few months of having black hair and I decided to try red streaks. Now, my hair was jet black, no hints of brown at all. So I didn't really know if this would work out. I bleached about fifteen thick and thin strands for about 40 minutes, wrapped in tin foil. To my surprise the bleach actually worked and I had coppery brown streaks all through my hair. Because they were still a bit dark I left the red on for two hours. Some of the strands came out a beautiful bright red, and the rest are a burgundy color, but in the sun my entire head of hair looks like a black and red ombre which I love. Oh, and I LOVE THE SMELL. Weird for a hair dye, but it honestly smells amazing. Kind of like raspberries, how ironic.

The only downfall to this product is that it comes with a large bottle of bleach and a small bottle of the actual color. I almost didn't have enough of the dye and all I did was streaks, but they say on the website that one bottle will cover long hair. Obviously they're wrong on that. Also, the bleach is very harsh and exetremly damaging on already dyed hair. The dye its self is not damaging at all and can be left on for hours, even over night under a shower cap. I also wish this particular color didn't fade into orange-ish red. Oh well, I love this dye regardless. Even though I have to pay 12.97 for it at walmart.

One more thing, I do not recommend using this color on blonde hair. I recently used this on a friend with blonde hair and it came out a super bright, almost florescent red/pink color, and it fades to a bright grapefruit color after just a few weeks. if you're going for a more red color, I suggest dying it a light brown first.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Abraxnis

I bought this about a year ago at Walgreens. At the time I had a job that was really strict on hair color but let me get away with really vibrant reds, so I bought this because the red on the box was exactly what I was looking for.

The bleach in the box only lightened my hair to a light orange, and I left it on for about an hour and a half, but I didn't mind because I figured that when the red faded it would fade to a coppery color (which looks ok with my skin tone). My hair strands are pretty thick an wirey so I've never been able to bleach blonde with drugstore bleaches.

I did a lot of research before I started dying. So I left it on for about 8 hours under a shower cap and applied heat with a hair dryer every hour for a minute or so. I rinsed it out in cold water and didn't shampoo after.

Unfortunately, despite the orange base, the color came out a very vibrant hot pink with fuchsia undertones. I don't know whether I got a wonky batch or not because some people do get the red on the box, so who knows? I did actually really love the color, but I couldn't have it like that at my job so after a week I had to dye my hair over with a Garnier Nutrisse dark red. The whole thing ended up an awesome dark violet with pink streaks and the whole shindig didn't fry my hair at all.

When it was hot pink it tended to bleed whenever I sweated, and it stained my pillowcase a bit even though I slept with my hair up. It did bleed a lot in the shower, too, but I washed it with color water and just didn't shampoo it until it had been dyed over with the darker color.

I would definitely try this brand again though maybe not this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by romster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As an Asian, I naturally have black hair. I wanted to find a quick and cheap way to dye my hair into a lighter or red, vibrant color with or without bleach. I've tried a few products in the past that guaranteed to turn black hair into a red color, but it just didn't work for me. It was way too dark of a red to even be noticed and it just washed out quick. So disappointing. So, I gave up searching for a while.

But as of today, this by far has been the best and cheapest product I have ever found. And I'm positive that it will work for you too! Splat has many vibrant colors available with different hair coloring products at great prices.

I bought this product for $7.99 at Walgreen's. I am definitely buying this product again! And it's awesome how it comes along with bleach!

I just dyed one of my extensions to create a highlight of it in my hair. I can't dye my natural hair for work reasons now. But it's amazing! I'm so happy with Splat. Now I know that I have a hair coloring brand I can turn to when I want to dye my hair vibrant colors. I will be dying more of my hair extensions. Yay!

Thank you Splat! :) <3