Perricone Blue Plasma

3.1

Water/Aqua/Eau, Carnitine, Urea, Maltodextrin, Gluconalactone, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Roe, Phosphatidylcholine, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hyaluronic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Dimethyl MEA, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, , Carrageenan/Chrondus Crispus, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Sorbic Acid, Subtilisin, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 4/7/2015 10:09:00 AM

Not worth the money. This one caused me breakouts a lot!!!! So disappointed

on 5/4/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have had good luck in the past with Perricone products so I was hoping this would be a gem too. This is a simple urea product that must have some fish oil in it as well, according to the smell. I have dry skin and this product is not helping at all and I have been using it for approximately a month. I use a thick cream over after waiting a few minutes to let the blue plasma sink in. I am not finding that my flakes are diminishing or my fine lines are better or that the texture of my skin is any smoother. I am not seeing any results on some spots that I have. I can't figure out what this is for. The bottle is huge as it should be for the price. I will finish out the bottle and update if I see any results. Overall, I think not a good product for dry skin.

on 4/16/2014 10:01:00 AM

I've been using this for about 4-5 weeks now and my skin is softer than it's ever been. I know a place I can get this for about $30 and for that price it's good. For the retail price of $95? No. There are other products that work better. I won't buy this again I don't think. It doesn't change the look of the skin. To me, that's more important than softness. No one should be touching my face anyway!!!! I don't need any more dirt and oil on it than what's already there!

on 2/15/2014 7:02:00 PM

I did my best to use this extremely expensive product, but in the end, it just doesn't agree with me.

At first I used too much. I broke out horrible. Large explosive breakouts. Took a week of nightly coconut oil massages to get rid of the break outs, and 4 weeks later, I still have one healing up.

I then sectioned my face into 3 parts, checks and forehead, and tried using a drop on each. Again, in the morning, horrible, explosive breakouts.

I finally have just given up. I'm spending my time getting my skin back to where it was before I abused it with this product. $95 down the drain.

on 2/12/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't met a Plasma Perricone product I don't love and this is no exception. I am very sensitive and loved another famous Doc's microdermabrasion product but was looking for something a bit less abrasive. Blue Plasma is a wonderful exfoliator without the irritation of traditional exfoliants. I am very sensitive but have had no issues with breaking out with this product. I wasted an entire half bottle because I did not screw the dropper top on tight enough (my bad). A pump would be much better than the dropper. I am on my second bottle and will definately repurchase once this one is gone. LOVE IT!

on 1/1/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So far, i have only been using samples of this due to the fact that it is quite expensive and i wanted to try it out before purchasing. My skin is very acne prone and recently my dermatologist put me on a very intense skin regimen: including AHA/BHA cleanser, a benzoyle peroxide cream and a salycilic acid cream as well. Of course, these products left my skin incredibly red and flakey. For about two weeks now, i have only been using Cetaphil cleanser, followed by the Blue plasma. There is a fishy smell but since the product works, it doesnt bother me. Ever since using this, my flakes are completely gone, my skin feels so soft, and i have had a dramatic decrease in breakouts so far. I will be purchasing a full size of this. It really works!

on 10/20/2013 2:26:00 AM

does nothing to my face besides gave me small bumps allover my face. only used few days, had bad reaction to it. glad only tried a sample.

on 6/22/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I've gotten two samples of this from Sephora so far (way too expensive to not try this out for a good month before buying) and I've been using it for 2 weeks so far. I must say that so far I'm very impressed. I'm almost 30 and still breakout and have pigmentation and some acne scarring. I've been wanting something to smooth the texture of my skin without tearing it apart. And I've tried everything! So far my skin is brighter and the color is starting to even out. Best of all my acne is cleaning up!!! Usually I get really bad hormonal acne during my time of the month and I haven't gotten a single breakout! If this continues I definitely will be purchasing a full size!

on 6/13/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have to say after reading other reviews that I never noticed any smell from Blue Plasma at all. I have dry skin and have lived with flaking even in the summer for most of my life. Since using this every evening, I no longer have flakes! Yes, the price is high but I use so little that it ends up being less expensive than other products I've tried that didn't work at all. I have no problem paying for things that work. This one will go on my face every night for as long as I can get it.

I'll be honest. The pretty blue color of this serum caught my attention but the price tag made me hesitant. I've tried Perricone products in the past and, as much as I wan to love them, they just never worked for me. I decided to give Dr. Perricone one last try and bit the bullet.

Packaging: The Blue Plasma comes in a glass bottle with a glass dropper. The serum itself is a pretty blue color (mainly due to the dyes, not the copper in the actual product).

Price: Ummm...yeah, depending on where you get it, about $95. However, you only need to use it once a day (preferably before bedtime) and only a quarter of the dropper filled.

First impressions:There is a slight "fishy" smell due to the salmon roe but after a few minutes it's gone. The serum is a little sticky for a few minutes after application. Once absorbed, my skin felt a bit softer. I have hyperpigmentation and after a month of using this product religiously, I did notice two things: 1) My complexion was brighter and 2) I experienced less breakouts. I received many compliments regarding the clarity and smoothness of my skin. I started doing some research and it turns out Blue Plasma has L-Carnitine, which has shown to reduce sebum (the zit producers) production in the skin. Also, Blue Plasma works as a daily peel that is gentle enough to use everyday.

I gave this product an overall score of 4 for several reasons. I mentioned it worked well in the first month but as I moved to the second month, I feel like it's performance has plateaued. I've included an addition of AHA gels and moisturizers to my routine to give it a small boost. I continue using this because it has been so effective with preventing breakouts and it does make my skin soft. Is it worth the $95 price tag? I think there are products out there that cost the same or less that is probably more effective. Would I purchase this again? Yes, simply because out of all over the counter products I've used this one has been the most successful combatting breakouts.

Popular Treatments (Face)