August 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Fresh Effects BB Cream Fair-to-Light

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by aedean5456

I have really weird skin that gets oily but still has super dry, visible patches. I can't really wear foundation as any amount of pigment will stick to the dry patches and make them look worse, or my face will get so oily it will just slide off. I really like this product because it does neither. This product is NOT a bb cream, it is a sheerly tinted moisturizer. And that is what I like about it. It moisturizes my dry skin, provides sun coverage, but doesn't have so much pigment that it sticks to dryness. It has next to no coverage, but does calm down my easily irritated skin and takes away some of the redness. I like to use this with a little concealer and then a very high coverage powder. I use Revlon's Nearly Naked powder with this and I love how it looks. I think you could also mix this in with foundation or wear it under if you have dry skin and need the moisture. I feel like I'm probably alone in liking it, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but if you don't want coverage and are interested in the sunscreen aspect you should try it out. The smell does linger, like everyone says, but I kind of like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by beatricerex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In a BB cream, I prefer smooth, sheer coverage, something that will give me a bit of a glow without any heaviness. I like to apply overtop of a regular moisturizer with SPF, to give my skin an extra polish and glow. Unfortunately, I found the texture of this cream to be clumpy, chalky, and difficult to blend. The finish was caky and dull. This was a miss for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Nicolelauren1882

This product is the definition of a waste of money. Did absolutely nothing except irritate my skin. Absolutely no coverage and makes your skin sooooo greasy! It almost has a grey cast to it as well. Avoid this product like the plague!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually like this product, but I didn't like it the first few times I used it. I got it half-price at the grocery store - it's regularly $13, but you do get a big 50 mL tube. I like the tube packaging. I love the scent, which is fresh but does not linger.

It appears to have almost no pigment in it, but I am now considering that a plus. I can apply it more liberally, and get the sunscreen benefit, without having it look like I've spackled on foundation. I have started using one of my higher-coverage powders with it (the Physician's Formula Youthful one in the purple compact) and that combo looks really, really good. The powder doesn't look that good by itself or over regular moisturizer, so this BB cream must have some pigment, or light-reflecting particles, or something.

The salicylic (sp?) acid has not bothered my skin, even though I'm using a retinol product at night (which often makes my skin more sensitive). I think this is a winner!

ETA: It's actually a 75 mL tube, which makes it an even better deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by aslidulgerr

I'm in love with his product!! Gives a very natural look to the skin and has just the right amount of coverage to cover up those red spots. The only bad side would be that you would need to touch up with powder after some time, but besides that, a great product for those wanting very very minimal coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by jadietnguyen

I would not consider this a bb cream but more of a tinted moisturizer. It smells so good, I can not get over it. It provides light coverage so if you have a lot of redness and bumps on your skin, this probably wont be the best for you. I have mild redness in my cheeks so I add an extra layer on top and it does fine. My skin still feels like skin and it is amazingly lightweight. Gives me the perfect no make up look. I would repurchase this ten times.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I fell for the magazine ads and cute packaging. After seeing it everywhere, I decided to try it out. I got this on clearance at the grocery store and I am definitely glad I did not pay the full price for it. I was looking for something to wear on my "off" days that would keep my skin moisturized. I thought this would be a great compromise, but I was definitely wrong. It makes my face an oil slick in 2 hours. I realize this is a moisturizer, so I expected the finish to be dewy, but this is not cute. I don't have perfect skin and I wasn't expecting it to cover major flaws, but the minute I blend this in, you can't even tell I put anything on. Definitely not worth it and something I would skip.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh, I wouldn't waste your money on this.

It's okay, but it's nothing amazing, It pills up on my face without a primer, and even with a primer (I don't really thing that BB creams, for what little coverage they give should require primers..but anyways.), I need to keep a close eye on making sure it's COMPLETELY blended.

It tends to be hard to blend in with my fingers, my beauty blender, or a brush. It works the best with my beauty blender, because brushes leave visible lines with this product.

It's seriously nothing special, annoying to work with, and has minimum coverage, so I don't think it's worth anybodys time. I gave it a lippie for the packaging, and the SPF, and the good colour match, but that's about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this bb cream not long ago, I had run out of mine(of a different brand), saw the Olay and liked the packaging. The smell is nice, I find it too watery, and it doesn't cover any redness because it was too watery. It wasn't horrible, it just basically moisturized my face. I wouldn't use this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by HedgehogMom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried a sample packet of Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream that came in a magazine. I have a sunscreen allergy and probably should have looked online before using it, but the sample packet didn't say anything about sunscreen, so I tried it.

It provided extremely light coverage and didn't do anything to disguise the slight redness of my face or my tons of freckles. The smell was fresh and pleasant, and it made my skin feel soft. I was thinking I'd probably buy it to use under makeup, but within two hours, the sunscreen allergy kicked in and my face was bright red, itchy and swollen. The next day I had to go to the doctor, and I ended up having to take steroids for two weeks.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No