Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp

3.6

I got this for free, and I'm happy that I never spent money on this. This mascara is just... Meh. What can I say?

The brush isn't so bad: it's big and the shape helps me to reach all my lashes, from inner to outer corner. It doesnt separate very well, but with some effort I'm able to make it work after all.

BUT: it simply does not stay in place. First of all there's way too much product on the brush so I have to really take care of not looking like a raccoon right after applying my mascara. Once I managed to apply it properly, it takes ages to dry and I MUST. NOT. BLINK. If I do, it transfers onto my eyelid and lower lashes.

For the rest of the day, every single time I go to the bathroom or get to see myself in any mirror, there's some mascara to wipe off from under my eyes again. Every single time! No need to explain that by the end of they day, there's not much mascara left on my lashes...

So no, I won't ever repurchase, and the price they're selling it for is just ridiculous. But than again, that applies for just any product from Yves Rocher: there's a reason why they're continuously offering "50% off everything" (at least in Belgium they do). If you ever pay full price for anything from this brand, you're fooled. This is drugstore material, and not even great quality.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It is affordable, love the brush and formula, and it washes off really easily with coconut oil and warm water really easily. It makes my lashes look nice and full. It dries a little on the hard side, but it is very long lasting and doesn't flake off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The brush is thick and it spread the liquid inside on my lashes equally without making it unnatural looking,make the lashes thicker and curlier,love it

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this mascara since the beginning of the year, and I love it, despite a couple of things that annoy me. First off, it's gluten free. There is no wheat protein added, so that's a plus. No vitamin e, which can be wheat derived, so that's another plus for me. I purchased the color black, and it was a BOGO free, so I got two tubes for the price of one, which was around $12. The brush is a little intimidating, because it is HUGE. It took me a few applications to get the hang of it, now I'm a pro at applying it. The key is to take your time applying it. Two coats give me big, fat lashes... with no clumping, my lashes do not stick together like a lot of other mascaras I've tried. As for the bottom lash application... I do lightly use this big brush to apply, but then I have to use one of my older smaller mascara brushes to finish the application, because bottom lash application can get really messy for me using the Sexy Pulp brush, due to the size of it. The product can clump up on the brush itself, and it has to be wiped off sometimes. That's the only two things that annoy me about this mascara. Otherwise, it's my HG. Stays on all day, waterproof, sweatproof. But I do have a hard time washing it off. I usually still have raccoon eyes after showering and washing my face, so I have to continue to clean my eyes after getting out of the shower.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this mascara for free, but it sells for 18 euros or 9 when they have a 50% sale, which they have every month. So it's still quite expensive for a mascara.
The packaging is very pretty on the outside, but the wand is GIANT so you have to be very carefull or your hole eyelide will be black.
I still think it's a good mascara, because it has a black intense color and gives really long lashes, but it can be lumpy.
So if you like really dramatic lashes you will love it, but if you want a more subtle look or for school I wouldn't recommend it.
I prefer de Essence volume mascara :)

l love this mascara ! it is my 3 tube) my eyelashes so long and beautiful

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I realllllllllllly wanted to like this product since I love bigger brushes - but this was a mess on me. It gave me spidery lashes with lots of product instead of voluminous dark fluttery lashes. The packaging and brush are very maybelline-esque and since I have a sour relationship with almost all of those this clearly didnt pan out either.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

So Yves Rocher gives little gifts or samples every once and a while. So I went in one day bought some stuff and they gave me a little travel size/mini format. I was like "Hey, cool free mascara." The product itself has a jet black, creamy, easy to apply texture that really extends lashes and gives them good volume. Might I also add that I've had this for a while now and it hasn't dried out and there's still a lot left, but back to the application! Since the mascara really was "ultra-volume" I was pleased on that level.

Now I shift to the cons : the brush always has clumps on the tip and too much product on it. I always have to slightly dab the wand on a Kleenex to make sure I don't look like a racoon as soon as I blink. Speaking of racoon-ness, remember how I said the product doesn't dry out easily? Yeah, if you put too much on, it will take a minute before you can blink freely. Ok, ok, I mean you can't put some on and start flapping those lashes like butterfly wings. That irritates me sometimes in the morning because then I have to take a cotton swab with eye makeup remover and clean my eyelids. In the words of the internet : Aint nobody got time for that!

Conclusion, this is a really good volumizing mascara with few clumps that is perfect for short lashes or people who want to look super dramatic :3 . The only problem the wand and it's tendency to be messy. Personally, I've always thought to have pretty long lashes so I don't jump on "super-duper mount Everest volume porcupine lengthening" mascaras but this was free. What, was I going to say no? Anyways it's still good if you take the time to wipe/dab the wand on a Kleenex to remove excess product.
...
Bai!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I got this mascara as a gift from Yves Rocher and was pleasantly surprised! I am quite picky when it comes to mascaras because I want them to do miracles for my pretty average eyelashes:)

PROS of this product: very pleasant formula, doesn't smudge nor clump, gives volume, lasts for the whole day, leaving eyelashes soft, easy to take off, doesn't irritate

CON: the only one for me is that the brush is too big and makes it difficult to apply.

If the brush was smaller, i would say it is one of the best mascaras i've come across-especially, for such an attractive price

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

It took me a while to really love this mascara due to the fact it wasn't giving me the length and volume I wanted until two weeks of using. It took a while for the product to really warm up in the tube to do its job. But after it did WOW it's amazing I have people asking me if I'm wearing lashes all the time! The brush is nice and big with a nice curve in the middle that hugs your lashes. It doesn't leave your lashes clumpy just sexy! One or two coats is enough (I usually wear 3-5 due to my shitty lashes but this mascara changed that!)

Popular Mascaras