December 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Liquid - Korres - Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Foundation 05 Bisque

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by taibug27

I tried this in both porcelain and bisque, and was thrilled to have such light options in both a yellow and pink hue. A little goes a long way, and I didn't need to "build" to get the coverage I wanted - which, btw, is pretty full. My usual go-to foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear. It did seem quite slippy - like it wouldn't set, and since I don't have an abundance of time to wait and see if it would, I just set it with my Estee Lauder translucent loose powder. The finish is lovely! My skin looks pretty darn near perfect, but not at all mask-like.

The two downsides are that I noticed a tiny bit of settling into fine lines (but not pores), and the cost.

That being said - this a great foundation, and if you've been looking for an all natural foundation solution like I have, this might be the best out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: had to knock off a couple of lippies. I'm afraid my initial review was a bit too optimistic (never review anything after just one use). Today I put it on top of my Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 35 moisturizer, which is not oily at all. It went on thickish, but the coverage was inversely proportional to the thickness. I HATE thick fdts. that barely cover anything. What's the point? Again, took forever to set. In fact, it only did when I out powder on top. Also, the color it too light for me. I would have to buy two shades and mix them, and at $40 a bottle it's just too expensive. Cover Girl's 3-in-1 is a good deal cheaper and suits my needs much better.

I got a good sized sample of this at Sephora.

- TEXTURE: creamy, spreads very well. Thickish, but not spackle-like.

- COVER: depends on what kind of moisturizer I use underneath. The more emollient the moisturizer, the sheerer the cover (of course). If I wear this on clean dry skin (no moisturizer, no primer) this has a nice, very effective medium coverage. Buildable? I never "build" layers of fdt. I always end up with it building only in my pores (and they aren't even big). W/o powder it feels slightly tacky to the touch. Doesn't really "set." I put NARS new setting powder on and I get a beautiful, natural, as-airbrushed-as-my-skin-will-ever-look finish. However, this is my experience. I'm sure other reviews will vary from 'too full-cover for me,' to 'oh, it's so sheer.' Especially those posters who idealize products according to what they want them to be, rather than on said products' pros and cons (in a blog allegedly about consumer reviews/advice; brilliant).

- LASTING POWER: Again, I use powder on top so it lasts a pretty good time. I don't know how long this would last on my oily skin w/o powder. Probably not much.

I got this in 05 Bisque, which is the lightest color with a good yellow undertone. A bit too light for me, but I can make it work. And anyway we all know that to get the perfect match (if such a thing exists) one must try sample it first.

Don't know about the anti-aging properties since I used it only once. I said I would not re-purchase only because I don't have the 'Maybe' choice (I wish we did). At $39.00 it's too pricey to buy just to "have it." This comes in a pump so the pump cult followers will be pleased. No biggie for me. So far so good. I'll update as necessary.