September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Powder - LUSH - Emotional Brilliance Translucent Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mabseliz

I borrowed this product from a friend, mostly because I could not locate my own setting powder. When I first applied this to my face, it was great! My make-up stayed on for an extended period of time, and even though I was sweating, it still stayed on and I had minimal shine on my face. So I used the product the next day, and the day after that. After using the product for five days, I noticed breakouts on my cheeks and forehead. I am on a very strict acne regimen and have not broken out severely in over five months. This came as a shock to me. I immediately related the breakouts to the powder, so I stopped using it and after a week, my face cleared. I don't know if my skin just had a strange reaction to the ingredients in the product or what... I had never used LUSH makeup before, so maybe organic makeup just isn't for me. Nevertheless, it's a great product, and I'm sure it would work fantastically for someone else! My friend absolutely loves it and it has never done anything harmful to her skin. Worth it to try out!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by girlraven

Ok firstly the packaging as with all lush makeup is horrible! The jar is far to small to fit a decent size fluffy brush into. The product itself is kinda heavy like sort of thickish I didn't like it. I prefer my Hd Australis translucent powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I am surprised at this hidden gem of a product from Lush. It is a beautiful coverage, non irritating setting powder with lots of good-for-your-skin ingredients that seem to make you glow from the inside out.

The powder comes in a screw-top pot and retails at $18.95 CDN. From the outset it appears to have a pink tone but goes on clear to the skin. I had the Lush sales associate demo the product on my skin and it went on smooth, even and did not even appear to settle into the lines of my hands.

The best usage I have found so far is to transfer some of the product from the container into the lid and use a kabuki brush to buff into the skin. As this is a translucent powder, do not expect heavy coverage. This is more of a setting powder or to reduce shine. It is loaded with lots of great ingredients and even contains jojoba oil which seems to give a dewy or healthy glow.

Overall, great, great product and makes for a lovely setting powder to foundation or to simply create more of a matte finish.

I will repurchase once this container is gone, but it might be sometime as you do get a good amount of product for the price.