October 25, 2014 | 1764 users online

Shampoo - Pureology - REVIVING RED SHAMP'OIL

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kikibeesquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I have natural auburn hair. I did however add some darker red highlights to it just to look a little bit more red.

I started using Redken Color Extend to keep my red highlights in. The red faded quickly within a month. SO I redyed and I went for the more expensive product! This product works amazing! A little goes a long way...and the shampoo is even red in color. Love the smell (but what Pureology products don't smell nice?), and most importantly, it helped the color stay! I also really loved that it brightened up my natural auburn hair. This is a must have for anyone with either natural red hair or dyed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Ayoomiax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, sooo.... Lets start off with my type of hair. basically I am a BRIGHT RED head. I mean red red, not copper but red. lol as well as very damaged due to bleaching white/blonde.

Anyways, I have been looking for something for months now sense i dyed my hair that will revive my red color and help with the damage. I don't and did not expect this product (or any other product) to keep my very unatural red vibrant 24/7 or as us very unnatural red heads would love, haha.. ( I dye my hair with semi- permanent color every 1 1/2 weeks, but i do have a permanent red hair color dye underneath) but i was looking for something with a little help and lots of help with damage.
..To be completly honest, this shampoo and conditioner did nothing that a bottle of aussie, tresseme or any other drug store product would do. I work at a salon and we cary many many brands, this was on sale in a kit for 35 dollars including the shamp'oil, conditioner and the color depostiting stuff( which i love). Maybe if you have bright red hair, it's gunna fade the FASTEST no matter what. I have tried the hydrate line and I would deff recommend that for the damage. But still in the search for something to revive my color.

OH! and i give this 3 lipsticks only because the smell is great, and the packaging is amazing and I love pureology, this just wasn't one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Doodlebug95758

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Pureology products, but this one is especially nice. It keeps my red color fresh so much longer (my stylist comments on it, even) and gets my hair really clean without stripping. I have short hair, so I need to wash pretty frequently, but this paired with the companion conditioner have made such a difference in my hair -- no more bad hair days or pricey color washing down the drain.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I started dying my hair red just before Christmas of 2013.There aren't many shampoos out there specifically designed for red hair and I really like Pureology products so I went with this.You only need a little bit of product,id say like a quarter size.Ill run the product under water then apply to my hair,this helps give me a better lather.I like the smell of this,its got a floral smell but its not over powering.The color of the shampoo is red but its non color depositing.It leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped.The only thing I don't like about sulfate free shampoos is that my hair gets oily quicker,I will feel like washing it again after two days.Since red hair fades so quickly I suck that part up and use dry shampoo between washes.Overall I do like this shampoo and I do feel it helps with my color not fading as quickly.I wish my color looked fresher longer but I know red fades fast and there's only so much a shampoo can do.For reference my hair is a medium red with copper undertones.I would repurchase this :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

I don't know if I give this stuff enough of a chance to prove itself. I have box-dyed red hair that I only wash twice a week, use color-depositing treatments every two weeks and touch up every 4-6 weeks, so my hair doesn't have much of a chance to fade in general. However, I don't think I'll be purchasing this again unless I see a difference when I switch shampoo and conditioner. The price is insane. I know Pureology is great and all, but this stuff better be made out of unicorns if I'm paying $30 per bottle (got a decent shamp/cond combo deal on Amazon though, still more than I'd like to pay). The smell isn't great and I can smell it on my hair longer than I'd like. I don't know how describe it, but it's not pretty or salon-y like I expected. Just meh. I need to use more of the shampoo than usual to even get a decent lather in my hair, which I don't like because of the price, and it does not leave my hair clean. I scrub like crazy and it's almost like the lather dissolves and I still have residue and product build-up in my hair when it dries. The conditioner is pretty great at it's job, though. I have medium hair a few inches past my shoulders and a dollop the size of a quarter conditions my hair wonderfully. I have the 8 oz (maybe 8.5?) bottles and they've lasted me a long time with my shampoo regimen. Both bottles are only a little more than halfway empty and I've had them almost 3 months. The color-depositing treatment that comes with this line is awful, left my hair so fine and weighed down, I couldn't even hide it with dry shampoo or styling tools. I might come crawling back if another line of shampoo/conditioner doesn't work out, but so far, I'm not sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by TnLeigh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am naturally strawberry blonde but now that I'm closing in on 40, I have to get a little help to cover my gray. I get my hair freshened every 6-8 weeks to cover the gray and keep my strawberry blonde shiny and fresh instead of dull.

I decided to try this on a whim because my normal Ulta Ultimate Red Shampoo and Conditioner was sort of underwhelming me. First off, let me say that this is the most expensive shampoo I have ever purchased. An 8.5 ounce bottle was $32 bucks. I had a coupon for $10 bucks off two full sized bottles so I got it for $27, but still very pricey.

I was very very pleased with the results though. My hair has never been shinier or softer and even though I used it a month after my last touch up, it totally refreshed my color. This is not a color depositing shampoo but whatever it does agrees with my hair. It seemed to be very gentle and it something I will be using again.

A little of the shampoo went a long way. I have shoulder length, thick curly coarse hair and I used a bit more than a quarter sized amount. I definitely could have gotten by with less.

Thinking about going back to get the other products in the Reviving Red line.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by CamiBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Aright so I've been using this for about a week now continuously - I colored my hair last Wednesday and I'm fairly sure that, because I've been using this whole system, my color has not faded one bit. Now I have to say that I am a natural redhead but I occasionally color just to add a bit of vibrancy, so for the purposes of this review I am speaking in terms of a "bottled redhead."

This product adds incredible shine and vibrancy to copper colored hair, and paired with the conditioner it works even better. Just like all Pureology products, a little goes a long way so one bottle of this, though expensive, will probably last around 4 to 5 months.

I will update once my color has faded and I am using it on my natural red.

For now, I will continue to repurchase (but like I said, that won't be for quite some time given the longevity of Pureology products,)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I have mixed feelings about Pureology. It works, but I just don't like it, if that makes sense. I went for this product because I was starting to feel like my hair was drying out, and (obviously) I've got a colored red hair. Now, mine are chunky highlights that I get redone every 8-10 weeks, and I like 'em BRIGHT red. I wanted to get this to help prevent the dryness, and to hold my color. My hair is pretty short, just above my shoulders. I feel like I have to use a lot of shampoo when I use this, and if you're not careful it can get a little greasy. But, it holds my color and helps my hair stay hydrated.