September 18, 2014 | 925 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay Ultimate Suede - Catwalk

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ugh! I was on a makeup spree desperately seeking some new matte colours and made the mistake of buying two of this suede line (this and No. 45: Supermodel). Definitely a serious, "What was I thinking?" moment. I wear mattes almost exclusively and don't have problems with even very dry mattes like the Inglot AMC pencils. I also don't have problems with any of the Max Factor, Maybelline or Covergirl stay-put types of lipsticks which are basically like nail varnishes for the lips. This stuff is from another planet altogether.

I love Colorstay in Fig, but hate the vinyl sheen it imparts, so expected these to be similar but matte. Yes, the colours are true, set well, don't come off on your teeth, don't slide around and don't feather into the fine lines around your mouth - exactly what I was hoping for. If you only want something reliable for an evening out (does anyone wear lipstick for just a few hours???), they'll do nicely... but don't EVER try to wear them for more than a couple of hours unless you want dry, sensitive, cracked lips. The lovely, smooth texture they have when you apply them is duplicitous. Once they've set (it takes a couple of minutes) you can feel them leeching the moisture from your lips. Within an hour or two you won't be able to focus on anything but the awful sensation on your lips.

I did try wearing them for a few days in a row with a descent amount of balm, as well as reapplying balm throughout the day, because I loved everything else about them and was determined to make them work, plus lavishing lashings of Lucas Paw Paw Ointment on my lips to rehydrate them overnight. No cigar. My lips ended up so parched (that mass of dints kind of dried out) and sore that I couldn't wear lipstick for nearly a week and had to slather on lanolin & balm regularly until they healed.

Definitely only for making yourself pretty when you dash out for some milk, then get every skerrick off the moment you get home (you'll need a waterproof makeup remover, too).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really disappointed with this product. The color is great, exactly what I've been looking for, and it goes on very nicely, however, it doesn't STAY on. I wish I had kept the bar code or my receipt so I could get my money back.

I wish Revlon would bring back the Colorstay lipstick they had 12 years ago...the skinny black tubes. Now THAT was Colorstay; the color didn't go anywhere until you intentionally removed it. Grape and Raisin were my faves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

First of all, the color is gorgeous. I never would have thought I'd be able to pull off a color like this as I'm really fair and neutral toned (NC10-15), but it really brightens up my complexion and makes me look "alive". I like how it looks matte after a few minutes - i have pretty small lips and shiny glosses/lip colors only seem to make them look smaller, so i always reach for a matte lippie. It does last, and fades naturally. The only thing I don't like about this is the texture. You can really feel it on your lips, and it gets sticky. It doesn't have a discernible taste, but the way it feels on my lips really bothers me. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by MyraEmz

I'm A huge fan of Revlon's ColorStay lipsticks so I was quite dissapointed when this product didn't do the one thing it was intended to do... STAY. It's such a shame, because the color and application is great, it goes on smoothly and has a really nice matt finish. But within minutes the color is already fading and forget about it lasting it requires constant re-application.

Another dissapointing factor is that it does not offer much moisture for the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by cindy007

You know, I really dig this color. Its just one of those, not too dark, not too light, present yet not present, perfect for all occasions lip color. The colorstay part is also nice, it really does stay on. I like the tube a lot, it keeps the lipstick from breaking or bending in any way. Also, has a light scent that is barely noticeable. Hope they keep making this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by allureveil

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great red (#065) with enough color saturation to define your lips without being at all garish. Lasting power is just great, and this product does not come off on your teeth as many long lasting lip products do. The color visible on the tube appears to have a lot of blue in it, but this is not a terrifying blue red at all. This is my dress up lipstick; every day shade for me is Runway #015. For reference, I am medium beige foundation shade. I just ordered two more of these on eBay because this shade is gone from the Ultimate Suede displays in my neighborhood drugstores.