Alaffia Everyday Coconut Super Hydrating Body Wash

3.0

Coconut Water, Coffee Berry Extract, Saponified Virgin Coconut Oil, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, and Copra Extract

on 9/4/2014 8:21:00 PM

My go-to... it's chemical free, gentle, lathers up with vigor & for the price is very reasonable. The fact that the proceeds go to helping moms & children in Africa and is a fair-trade product to boot makes repurchasing this a no-brainer. It's a yes. I love the small ingredient list and that the quality is consistently great.

on 1/11/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This body wash foamed nicely and didn't have any bothersome fragrance. However, after rinsing it off, my skin had a squeaky sensation. Initially, I wasn't sure if my skin was squeaky clean or that was indicative of some sort of moisturizing coating or protective film. After using for about 2 weeks, my massage therapist commented on how much drier my skin is now. I'm returning it.

on 10/28/2013 4:42:00 PM

This product is just meh. It didn't feel moisturizing, I felt more itchy than usual when using it. It doesn't really smell like coconut, it smells like..I don't know how to describe it. Kind of like moldy mildewy towels but not quite as strong? Lol sounds gross but the scent doesn't linger. It's a good value $10 for a 32oz pump bottle but just didn't work for me. I ended up returning it (to whole foods).

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Overall, I love this body wash. I went back to get my second bottle today and my first one isn't even out yet.
It has a mild smell which I don't particularly care for. It is essentially free of most if not all the toxic stuff and it DOES leave my skin hydrated. I'm seeing the effects more after I've been using this for about 4 weeks now. It's mild and I would definitely recommend it if you have sensitive skin and a tendency to have dry skin. I also appreciate the fact that it is not tested on animals and is a fair trade product. I support that.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

-----First the good stuff: I like the fact that it's natural, has simple ingredients and a good value for the money. It also has a lovely mildly sweet scent. I do love Alaffia as a brand and what it stands for.

-----The bad: This body wash dried my skin out horribly. I have dry skin that can be sensitive at times and I do have some KP on the back of my legs. I really wanted to like this but it didn't work for me :(