August 22, 2014 | 1106 users online

Blush - Essence - Silky Touch Blush (All Shades)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

This really is SILKY smooth! Swatch the sample in the store and you will see just how buttery and light this feels- for 3$!

I have the shade 20 Babydoll, which is not incredibly vibrant, but suits me for work and is totally build able and natural-looking.

I WILL be returning to ULTA to buy 60 Life's a Cherry because it was so super pigmented and beautiful in the store (which I was scared to buy at first...now I've decided I MUST HAVE IT!).

This blush is a serious gem for the price! And the packaging is nice- I love round blush pans to swirl my brush in.

Thank you Essence!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Brunette30

I think this is a pretty good time to review these blushes since I own 5 of the 6 available shades. The only shade I left out is "Adorable" which looked too cool for my liking. For reference I'm NC35 in MAC Studio Fix.

These blushes are ah-mazing! Hands down! For such a cheap price tag, the quality is unbeatable. These are so silky, smooth, non-powder and blend effortlessly. These are not outrageously pigmented like NARS Blushes but resemble the pigmentation of a MAC Sheertone Blush. The pigment is there but you have to build it up to your desired intensity.

20-BabyDoll: This is a frosty mauvy colour. It is a pretty much barely there colour that I reach out for when I'm going for a low maintenance look. On my skin it shows as a very subtle hint of colour. This has quite a noticeable amount of shimmer that does show up in natural light.

30-Secret it girl: This shade is in the same category as MAC Peaches. It looks quite Orangey in the pan but on medium skin it comes across as a beautiful flush that looks very natural. This one also has tiny gloden shimmer.

40-Natural Beauty: Now this is a colour that is very unique to drugstore makeup. It is a warm brown with a hint of peach. I would say that Tarte Exposed is close but not exactly the same. Natural Beauty is browner than Exposed. This one has a slight sheen that imparts a healthy glow to the face. This blush is perfect when paired with a smokey eye and nude lips.

50-Sweetheart: This is a colour that I have barely used. It is a pale pale pink with a slight sheen. It just doesn't appear on my skin at all. If I do multiple layers, it will show up but will make me look washed out. This shade is more suited for those fair skinned lovelies who fear looking clownish with blush.

60-Life's a Cherry: This is the star of the entire range. This is the only completly matte shade in this range. It is a loud, vibrant, lovely strawberry pink. The colour is a dead ringer for theBalm Instain blush in Toile. On the cheeks, side by side these are exactly similar. Like theBalm one, this one also has a slight staining effect. I swatched it on my hand once and it was still there after I washed my hands. Now this one is extremely pigmented. I barely touch my brush in the pan and the swirl it on the apples of my cheeks and it gives me such a healthy flush of colour. Anyone from medium to dark skin can rock this colour like a diva. My absolute favourite blush from my entire collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Nessabm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product.
Fixing ok.
Beautiful color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by laamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this blush in 60 Life's A Cherry. It just looks perfect on my skin, it has the right amount of pigment and it gives me such lovely healthy and natural glow.
It's quite cheap (I bought it for a little less than 3) and I feel like it's going to last me a long time. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, but hey who cares, the product itself is lovely, and that's what matters. I think I'm going to try more colors of it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by lushbylaura

Was initially skeptical due to the price because I like my blushes pigmented and I break out easily - these aspects usually require purchasing more expensive products. However, after reading wonderful reviews on it, I just *had* to give it a go and see for myself and I have no regrets. I bought the shade "Adorable" either at the end of last month or earlier this month and here are my observations from using it several times:

1) Packaging: simple with no mirror or brush but none of that is necessary for me. The packaging doesn't look that sturdy as my Essence eyeshadow of a similar packaging did break.

2) Colour: baby pink in a warm tone, a very nice colour for the cheeks for a cute look.

3) Pigmentation: very good colour pay-off and pigmented - which are not traits you often find in budget blushes and/or blushes of such a light colour. It's a light colour that is visible on the cheeks but of course this is considering the fact that I have light to medium skin.

4) Longevity: long-lasting if applied on enough, I have the tendency to go a little bit heavier on the blushes than other people to ensure it lasts all day and because I like my makeup *visible* although not clownish.

5) Blendability: smooth and blendable.

One of the blushes I use quite often in comparison to my other blushes, can't go wrong with such positive reviews and such a good price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by abr94

I've just bought the 10 adorable. These blushes are soooo buttery and pigmented it's crazy. The price is so cheap for how nice the formula really is so I definitely recommend anyone to try it out. The packaging is very simple but that's okay and I love the little detail the put on the blush so it's not all boring.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by elizabethyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great, affordable product. The paler shades take a few layers to show on my skin, but no cakiness even with layering- just a lovely flush of color!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

When it comes to cheap blushes, this little gem WINS! Creamy, pigmented, great colors, goes on beautifully, just an overall winner. I will continue to try the Essense line just because of how impressed I am by this blush. I love it because with high end blushes I have to really figure out which one I want because at $25 a blush, I am prob only getting one each visit to the department store, and the Essence I can pick all of them up and try them, they are only $2.99. So go try it ladies, you wont be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by kayleigh83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in three shades, and all are not only very pigmented but very soft and easy to blend too. The only cons would be the packaging is so-so, and there are just not enough colours!! The formula is amazing, now just let me get my hands on more of them!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by sherlynnng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

1. I have it in NO 20 Babydoll, just a swipe with my finger and patting it on my cheeks is enough for a natural-looking blush. 2. A little goes a long way and I find that this product will probably last me for 2-3 years even at the rate that I'm using it. 3. The packaging is simple, clear and fuss free.