April 16, 2014 | 2082 users online

Blush - Essence - Silky Touch Blush (All Shades)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great cheap blush. I have it in the shade adorable. I'm very pale and this is very pigmented but easy to blend at the same time. Perfect shade for spring barely there makeup, but can also be layered for a more bright and punchy look. Great value. Love that they didn't bother with adding a crappy brush and mirror. It keeps the price point down, and I never use them anyway. Wish they had a dupe for benefit dandelion in this formula. I'd wear the hell outa that!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this blush in "Adorable" which is a light, pretty pink. However, the color does not show up very well on tan skin. If you're on the ligher side, you can go for this color because it's only $3. I'm not sure how pigmented the other colors of this blush are, but "Adorable" barely appeared on my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shades Reviewing:
10 Adorable
30 Secret It-Girl
40 Natural Beauty

Adorable is a light, very natural looking pink, not matte, but certainly not shimmery. This one, I give 5/5 lippies. I use it nearly every day.

Secret It-Girl is a really pretty coral-y shade that's been compared to Nars Orgasm a few times I give it 5/5 lippies.

Natural Beauty is a brownish shade, sort or similar to a bronzer, but not quite. I found it made my skin look dirty unfortunately. I wanted to love it as a bronzer and use it for contouring. Gave it to my sister who is much darker than I am. I give this one 3/5 lippes. It blends out well, but the colour doesn't work for my skin tone (for reference, I wear NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat in SMF01 Ivory or Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia).

Overall, will repurchase Adorable (I've hit pan on it!) and will purchase other shades in the line, but not Natural Beauty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: life's a cherry (coral)

PROS

- pigmented
- long wearing
- blends easily

CONS

- packaging

COMMENTS: Life's a Cherry is gorgeous! It looks just like it does in the pan - a beautiful, vibrant coral with subtle shimmer. There's no glitter or frost, but a lovely natural-looking glow and a whole lot of color! The packaging of this brand has always steered me away from their products, but very glad I picked this one up. I'll definitely be trying more.

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush in "Sweetheart" a few weeks ago and have been wearing it exclusively since then. It's a great colour - soft pink, very natural-looking on my fair skin. It looks mostly matte on my face, maybe a teeny bit of sheen. I wouldn't say its the longest-wearing blush, but I have many high-end blushes (Tarte, NARS, MAC), and I wouldn't say they last any longer on me. I have been wearing this with a sheer, bright lip (Joe Fresh lip stain in Grapefruit) and I love the look, very fresh and awake. I will definitely try to hunt down the shade "Adorable" which wasn't available when I bought Sweetheart. For the price, I think this is a great blush, and I appreciate the shade range!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

The one I got is Secret it girl, a medium warm peachy shade.

Pros:
* Smooth and pigmented
* Blends nicely
* The shade can be universally flattering and easy to wear
* Lasts most of the day
* Contains 5gr of product
* Inexpensive

Cons:
* A tad powdery
* I'm not a fan of the sparkly particles emerging through this otherwise matte blush
* The packaging is ordinary but for the ridiculously low price it is expected

Overall: if you are on a budget I'd definitely recommend but it's not one of my must-haves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Joline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These blushes are very cheap but also very good. Color pay-off and blendability are more than satisfactory. They do not last a whole day but considering the low price I don't exptect them to do so and even expensive blushes tend to disappear on my oily skin after a couple of hours.
My favorite shade is sweetheart which I always carry in my purse for retouching purpuses.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

Absolutely gorgeous blush, so pigmented! However I wish they came out with a few more deeper shades in the permanent collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 More reviews by Gb84

This ones really impressed me for the price .... well worth silky, pigmented,long wearing beautiful colors... I have all 4 shades available at my local ulta .. life's a cherry,babydoll,adorable and sweetheart .. I would definitely buy them again. I also have the all about matt fixing compact powder.....love this brand good quality products !!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I bought this blush at the same time as the All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder and have no regrets. This blush was cheaply priced for $2.99 Cdn and even though it doesn't include an applicator and the packaging is somewhat flimsy, the product is of good quality. I bought #60 'Life's A Cherry' and it compliments my winter skin tone. The product lasts all day, goes on super smoothly and easily and is pigmented enough to add a true-to-what-you-see color when applied. I didn't see any color change either after having it on for 12 hrs+. Just a FYI, the clerk at the Shoppers Drug Mart said Essence doesn't test on animals, either. Would buy again.
P.S. I've also tried Maybelline and Revlon blushes and they were more expensive and of less quality than this Essence blush.