April 18, 2014 | 1491 users online

Loose Powders - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Mineral Veil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bare Mineras Mineral Veil ORIGINAL. I specify this because they have several different types of mineral veils, and i've made the mistake of accidentally buying one of the other ones and they are so different and terrible!

The ORIGINAL is amazing! The best mineral veil I've ever used and i have tried many. This can be used over liquid foundation or mineral foundation, it makes my skin look fantastic. It doesn't make my skin look cakey, dry, shiny, or sit in fine lines to make them look worse as many other mineral veils do. It doesn't break my skin out, and i have very sensitive skin.

I don't like any of the other bare minerals foundations, i have tried them and they do not work for me. However, this veil is a must have and i use it over other products and it works brilliantly. Its like it is air-brushing my skin!

I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by goldilox88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am the powder queen- I have tried them all and I have been using this one for years now. I can't even count how many times I have repurchased it. After applying my morning skincare and sunblock my skin is really shiny. I use a light dusting of mineral veil to mattify everything and it works really well. I can then apply blush, powder foundation over it if I want to. Most of the time I just forget all of that and just go with the mineral veil. The best part is, my skin remains matte all day, touchups are rarely needed and it is undetectable on the skin unlike many other powders which can look obvious or cakey. I used to use the mineral veil that offered spf 25 but they changed the formula and unfortunately now it leaves you looking white as a ghost, so I only use the original mineral veil now. I have tried many mineral powder foundations but find that they all are a bit opaque which looks obvious on the skin and tend to make skin flaws more visible, rather than hiding them. If I need a little extra coverage I go with Origins silk screen foundation on top of the mineral veil. By applying mv first, it prevents the silk screen from changing color or sticking to the moisturizer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Kimmiebat

Very finely milled. Does everything I expect a powder to do. Mattify-I only use it in only my t zone which I recommend to older folks such as myself; keeping the cheeks more dewy. Packaging could be better-Bare Minerals has always failed in this area. But I feel it's worth the aggravation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by taikim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This came with my Get Started Complexion Pack and of all the items, I find myself going back to this from time & time again. The powder is so fine and although my skin tone is medium with yellow base, it gave me a natural and fresh finish. Unlike most loose powder, that have that 'powdery' effect on the face that made me look pale, this sets my liquid foundation well. Love it because it's versatile, I can use it with any liquid foundation shades & during my less-makeup is more days, I use it to mattify my face after moisturizer application.

The con however is the packaging. For on-the-go woman like me, I rush to work every mornings and you need to spend time opening the lid slowly to ensure the powder does not fall out. It's really messy for me because onceI tried using it in car, the whole plastic separator came off and there's product on my lap and everywhere! Best used at home & stay on my vanity table after that incident.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very fine, very soft finishing powder. It glides on smoothly and evenly and helps my foundation look even more natural and perfect.