October 1, 2014 | 1691 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This mineral foundation comes in a lockable shifter jar. For the foundation it has shimmers and little to no coverage plus make you look shinny. It contain lauyol lysine which a dervivative of (coconut oil) and bismuth oxycloride which is a carcinogen. The way to apply this foundation is to tap and buff, buffing it helps warm up to lauyol lysine so it can melt into the skin. Bismuth oxycloride is a irritant and can cause itchyness/breakouts....... Those who breakout from using coconut oil or have super sensitive skin which is acne prone should avoid this foundation. The matte version is not better it still contains lauyol lyisine(coconut oil). This matte formula will cause the skin to become dry/dehydrated which causes the skin to product more oil to compensate for the dryness. It also oxidized when you start to get oily making it look very pink or orange. It hard to get an even coverage if you have dry skin or combination dry skin. It cling to dry patches and doesn't cover redness or evenout the skin. Avoid this foundation if you have dry flacky patchy redness acne ezcema dermatitis fine lines........

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by avysaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just recently got this foundation, and even though my skin isn't very flawed or anything. I got it in the lightest shade with a neutral undertone and it fits the shade of my skin PERFECTLY. First time that's every happened, and I'm hoping that won't change when Winter comes but I don't think it will.
This is my first mineral makeup purchase and so far, its great and I use the ELF powder brush to apply it and some palladio rice powder to set it then spray it with the ELF mist and set. So far so good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I do not care for the weird metallic/ shimmer? that this has in it. I can see it on the skin when ever someone is wearing it and I do not think it is flattering at all. Also their foundations for some reason cause my skin to increase oil production and it takes a while to calm it back down. Out of their foundations I do find this to be the worst.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I hate the wierd, iradescent sheen this gives me, almost like a shimmer. Frickin hate it. Love the formula, love the Matte version, but my face is far too oily and my skin far too flawed to appreciate whatever off-putting junk they put in the Original that makes my face look like a damn disco ball, I'll stick to bareMinerals Matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lexipain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is fabulous if you live in a hot humid climate. I live in south Texas and this is the only foundation I have found that doesn't melt. I have been using this foundation for a couple of years so far. I did have to watch the online videos to get the application procedure down. I really like the coverage and the color selection is really nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Appearance: The product is held in a plastic twist case. They had included a twist closing mechanism which is nice. You'll need a brush to apply the product. I found the brush that came with it to be scratchy.

Cost: It cost $27.00 at Sephora. You receive .28oz of product.

Wearability: The formula of this goes on nicely but I didn't feel that it provided the coverage that I wanted. I noticed I got oily while wearing this. i know they have a matte option for this but chose instead to purchase a liquid foundation in another brand. For reference I am Korean with fair skin and yellow undertones. I purchased the Golden Fair shade which appears to be a good match.

Overall thoughts: While this is not a bad product it is definitely not a standout product. My personal preference is a liquid coverage verses a powder one. I think this would be a good option for a person just starting to wear face makeup. It's kinda goof proof and adds a polished but not overly madeup look. I'll use up the rest of my jar but don't plan on repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jenniferchavez

This stuff is a staple in my makeup bag. I have strayed and gone to many other foundations, powder foundations as well as other mineral powders and this, I have to say surpasses them all. It feels like silk on my face and it is so natural looking. It lasts all day on my face, rain, sun or shine. It's coverage is perfect, med-full. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a "natural look"! I would also highly recommend coupling this product with Bare Minerals original Prime Time. Makes for a smooth, flawless yet natural looking finish! On last thing, I have sensitive, acne prone skin- NEVER had breakouts from this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by AmberSkyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. This is my everyday foundation. This provides medium coverage, so those who prefer heaver makeup probably wouldn't like this. It's perfect for me, with my oily sensitive skin. I use the Too Faced kabuki brush to buff the powder on, and set with the Tinted Mineral Veil. All in all, the process takes about 5 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by uxi

A wonderful, natural powder foundation which is good if you are in a hurry. Gives a polished finish that does not look fake or unnaturally flawless.
It is certainly in line with the company's emphasis towards providing products for acne-prone skin. I have never broken out from this.
Comes in a round jar with a "sifter" opening. Though this keeps it clean, I find that the powder in mine comes through the sifter even when it is shut. Thus, I generally dislike dealing with powder foundations - much too messy.
This is however a great product, so I will continue to purchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know that a lot of women like Bare Minerals and I can say that their Matte Formula is a safer formula than the original. that being said, I have a lot of problems with the Company, their ethics and in particular their original Formula.

I have sensitive skin, I am also allergic to Nickel (Which Will make sense later) I am also sensitive to coconut Derivatives in any skincare/Makeup.

Bare Minerals is not as "Natural" as they claim. Bismuth Oxychloride and Lauroyl Lysine are both Skin irritants to Women who have both heavy metal and Coconut Allergies. This is why this foundation will give people Cystic acne, make breakouts worse and cause itching and rashes when you sweat. If you have problems wearing anything other than Gold jewelry or pure silver because of nickel, than this stuff will cause you major problems.

Bismuth Oxychloride is similiar in chemical Composition to ARSENIC. Yes, Rat poison. Why in the hell would any company that claims they are safe and natural ever put this as a main ingredient in their face makeup, one that you literally push into your skin. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and you WILL absorb this chemical compound.

Bare Minerals is only popular because of marketing. There are WAY Better and safer Mineral Makeups on the market it's jsut that most women never seek them out. They try this makeup and then never ever use minerals again because of a bad experience. Trust me, The Indie Minerals are much safer and way better and a lot less expensive than Bare Mineral makeup.

Let me now get to the other irritant-Lauroyl Lysine. It is taken from coconut. If you are like me Coconut will give you cystic acne, cause rashes, itching, make your eyes swell. It's actually in the long run almost worse than the Bismuth and is the main reason why Bare minerals will give you bad skin in the long run.

the longer this company is in business the more cheap fillers they put in their products. It's about Bottom Line for them. they get cheap filler products from unknown sources in China and who knows what is really in their minerals. I know many women besides myself that have had horrific experiences with Bare Minerals Makeup and it ended up costing us trips to the dermatologist and permanent scarring.

If you want clean, natural and trustworthy Minerals go somewhere else. Meow and Alima Pure are much safer and are small companies that really care about what is in their products. Don't fall for the hype. Your skin will thank me.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No