October 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have had great experience with this foundation. I watched fromheadtotoe do a video about it and learnt her techniques on applying it. I really believe that the application does affect the result of the foundation. I use real techniques buffing brush and deluxe crease brush to apply it to my skin. I have dry skin but since Ive been very good with my skincare I havent experienced flakey patchy skin.

The foundation is dewy but I cant see any glitter or sparkle in the foundation but has a highlight sheen finish if you apply too much at once like the mac msf finish. You have to make sure you apply little and layer more until you are satified. Less is really more with this foundation.

The coverage is light to medium but using a dense crease brush you can apply extra to areas or discoloration like a concealer to avoid caking your face up.

I am extremely happy with the ingredients it doesnt include which means you can use it daily without worrying about the effects and I heard that it has improved peoples skin but I dont have much problem but redness and couperose which it covers quite well and better than Mac face and body. Since buying this I havent used my Mac face and body that I use to rave about.

If you have dry skin make sure you moisturise well and let it soak in before applying and apply little by little and buff it in well for an unnoticable natural result. I really think watching the fromheadtotoe video really helps if you have problem with caking on foundation.

If i had to say a negative on this is that although they improved the packaging which i love the edge of the lid can trap some foundation in it which means when you come to close the lip it can fall out and I noticed that my makeup bag has alittle bit of powder which I cant figure out how it comes out from but this is very little. Also I am very yellow and all the foundation i use Im warm and yellow but in the range the yellow is very yellow for me and the fair(pink) matches me more.

Also make sure you apply with a DENSE brush. It works better than a big fluffy brush.

And the girls working at Mecca were trying it on me with the bare minerals brush it camw with and at first I had to say i wasnt impressed. It looked very drying and powdery and so I wasnt sure if I wanted it so i walked off but while I was shopping the foundation sinked in well and became very natural and I was super impressed I walked back in and bought it straight away!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by tintiite

I decided to give BE a try as I have light rosacea around my nose and I always have felt that traditional foundation is not for me. Even not being a fan of powders and after reading comments that BE foundations look cakey after applied, I still wanted to try it as the starter kit seemed to have an agreeable price and so far I had a good experience with BE mascaras (curl & length cappuccino mascara is wonderful!).

Result? I am amazed by this product! And it really is all about buffing. In the beginning it was hard to get used to that because I had a feeling that the application brush was empty and I couldn't believe that so few product is necessary (I used to need quite a lot of classic liquid foundation to even out my complexion). But certainly not - after continuing to buff for a little while my skin suddenly became flawless like magic! In comparison with classic foundations this feels like nothing would be on my face and what's more - it looks radiant. This foundation also works great as concealer that also was a surprise for me. And - it stays for whole day.

I am glad I dared to try it despite the bad reviews and that I don't like powders in general. My rosacea is practically gone and I finally enjoy putting makeup on my face!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thin kit has a nice coverage but I don't like the slightly shiny effect on the skin. It enphasize the texture of the skin and makes it look cakey. I will use it up but I prefer something like Mac studio fix.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This mineral foundation comes in a lockable shifter jar. For the foundation it has shimmers and little to no coverage plus make you look shinny. It contain lauyol lysine which a dervivative of (coconut oil) and bismuth oxycloride which is a carcinogen. The way to apply this foundation is to tap and buff, buffing it helps warm up to lauyol lysine so it can melt into the skin. Bismuth oxycloride is a irritant and can cause itchyness/breakouts....... Those who breakout from using coconut oil or have super sensitive skin which is acne prone should avoid this foundation. The matte version is not better it still contains lauyol lyisine(coconut oil). This matte formula will cause the skin to become dry/dehydrated which causes the skin to product more oil to compensate for the dryness. It also oxidized when you start to get oily making it look very pink or orange. It hard to get an even coverage if you have dry skin or combination dry skin. It cling to dry patches and doesn't cover redness or evenout the skin. Avoid this foundation if you have dry flacky patchy redness acne ezcema dermatitis fine lines........

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by avysaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just recently got this foundation, and even though my skin isn't very flawed or anything. I got it in the lightest shade with a neutral undertone and it fits the shade of my skin PERFECTLY. First time that's every happened, and I'm hoping that won't change when Winter comes but I don't think it will.
This is my first mineral makeup purchase and so far, its great and I use the ELF powder brush to apply it and some palladio rice powder to set it then spray it with the ELF mist and set. So far so good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I do not care for the weird metallic/ shimmer? that this has in it. I can see it on the skin when ever someone is wearing it and I do not think it is flattering at all. Also their foundations for some reason cause my skin to increase oil production and it takes a while to calm it back down. Out of their foundations I do find this to be the worst.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I hate the wierd, iradescent sheen this gives me, almost like a shimmer. Frickin hate it. Love the formula, love the Matte version, but my face is far too oily and my skin far too flawed to appreciate whatever off-putting junk they put in the Original that makes my face look like a damn disco ball, I'll stick to bareMinerals Matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lexipain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is fabulous if you live in a hot humid climate. I live in south Texas and this is the only foundation I have found that doesn't melt. I have been using this foundation for a couple of years so far. I did have to watch the online videos to get the application procedure down. I really like the coverage and the color selection is really nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Appearance: The product is held in a plastic twist case. They had included a twist closing mechanism which is nice. You'll need a brush to apply the product. I found the brush that came with it to be scratchy.

Cost: It cost $27.00 at Sephora. You receive .28oz of product.

Wearability: The formula of this goes on nicely but I didn't feel that it provided the coverage that I wanted. I noticed I got oily while wearing this. i know they have a matte option for this but chose instead to purchase a liquid foundation in another brand. For reference I am Korean with fair skin and yellow undertones. I purchased the Golden Fair shade which appears to be a good match.

Overall thoughts: While this is not a bad product it is definitely not a standout product. My personal preference is a liquid coverage verses a powder one. I think this would be a good option for a person just starting to wear face makeup. It's kinda goof proof and adds a polished but not overly madeup look. I'll use up the rest of my jar but don't plan on repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jenniferchavez

This stuff is a staple in my makeup bag. I have strayed and gone to many other foundations, powder foundations as well as other mineral powders and this, I have to say surpasses them all. It feels like silk on my face and it is so natural looking. It lasts all day on my face, rain, sun or shine. It's coverage is perfect, med-full. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a "natural look"! I would also highly recommend coupling this product with Bare Minerals original Prime Time. Makes for a smooth, flawless yet natural looking finish! On last thing, I have sensitive, acne prone skin- NEVER had breakouts from this!