August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Fragrances - Gucci - Eau de Parfum

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by raboazul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was instant love ..with the bottle,something so consintent and definitively luxurious,the fragrance itself became secondary to me,actually I could not stop thinking that if one night out in Miami if you found a dead drug lord and pick up his jacket as a souvenir this would be the exact way it could smell,got used to the strong leather and musk after a while,also remember thinking that I possibly smelled like I hijacked my father's cologne..,anyway not undesirable but more like ''controversial,,,very oily liquid almost amber like, is very hard to get out of clothes(as a stain).Not the best product out there but at least it was different and did not consist of synthetic rotten sugar notes,like most contemporary fragrances in the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift quite some time ago, considering I was quite young I definitely think this fragrance is a more mature scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This came to me as a hand-me-down from a co-worker who was quite well-off and on top of all things modern and trendy. I got a smaller 30 ml bottle with somewhat half of the original contents. Although I am a die-hard orientals fan, I must say this was not too convincing. First of all - on my oily perfume-eating skin it sounded pretty masculine (not something I would want to use for evening wear targeted at flirting and seduction! ) Secondly, it did not have the staying power to justify the price. For me it had 2-3 hours in it, and that's after a very generous application. Now, what this perfume seems to be perfect for: a late-in-the-day business dinner in an upscale setting with black cringe-free suit/smoking. It is definitely for 6 pm and after and it screams "corporate" to me. I would also use it for a long drink on a weekday with a male friend/ex/boss in a secluded corner of a bar/coffee shop. For a girlie hangout it doesn't have for me enough of "cosy" in it. I will rebuy - 1 bottle (that will last me a lifetime ) and will use it for important business dining-outs after the "close-of-business" hour. The perfume was discontinued a while ago, I believe because it is rather in between work and play and not versatile enough, but I would still recommend to give it a try: it is classy and demure and can easily turn out to be somebody's HG of a scent. 3 lippies only: staying power is 50% of importance for me in every perfume, and here it sucks, quite frankly.
Associated city: Dublin
Associated persona: Al Pacino ( he's my equivalent to a vintage crystal glass of whisky poured at the end of the day after returning home from office on a chilly winter day )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Somehow, Gucci EDP brings to mind clean skin *and* soiled underwear. The jasmine and resinous notes are utterly carnal in nature. It's a fabulously sexy fragrance but, sadly, I don't think I can pull it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, love this fragrance - love it! It reminds me of a spiced dessert syrup that's part of an Indian dessert called golub jamun. It's a dish I've had many times and in the company of good friends.

It's a fragrance that smells like it looks - lusciously, exotically sweet and thick, a little spicy, delicately perfumed with florals at the fringes (the golub jamun syrup is actually flavored with rosewater - the Gucci instead has orange blossom, a very different floral but also a common flavoring in Middle Eastern/South Asian desserts and so somewhat similar in associative memory for me) and generally just delicious. I will always have this in my collection and consider it a staple.

Top notes: orris, heliotrope, orange blossom, and vanilla absolute.
Middle notes: cistus, cumin, and thyme
Base notes: patchouli, vanilla, and deep musk.

Musk is particularly dirty here! The vanilla is not over-powering. It is a floral scent , yet it is warm and rich, and not a innocent, sweet floral, but a dangerous and intriguing one at that. No annoying fruit notes like many other women's scents seem to push forward lately. (As if I want to smell like Fruit Loops!!)

Finally the heaviness of the gorgeous bottle, the weight, the shape, how the juice sprays itself out of it, the packaging, the amber color of the perfume, and the ad campaign with the model Natalia Vodianova with the bedroom hair and that haunting expression on her face (if you remember it) are all perfection. It is not for everyone I'll admit, but to me, it is riveting,controversial, sexy as hell. Well done Tom Ford.

Gucci has now discontinued this --the most asinine decision any company has ever made. This gem was the only redeeming quality remaining in the company's perfume portfolio and without Gucci Eau de Parfum, they won't have anything that will make them stand out in today's watered down, 'peony-and-pink-pepper'-ed scent market.

Frankly, they should be ashamed of themselves!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by nordhimmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up at TJ Maxx a long time ago and just got around to trying it. Now that it's winter I love diving into a good heady bottle of amber and spices, and this one fits the bill. I can apply this right before I go to work and still smell it 10 hours later, so the lasting power is awesome. I work as a meat cutter (butcher) so I come into contact with lots of not-so-nice-smelling things all day long. Most fragrances die after a few hours on me but this one just keeps going. I can happily say that I still smell 'decently' fresh after work thanks to this fragrance. I also have this in a solid perfume formula so the juice + solid perfume = knockout, 12+hrs. lasting combo. The bottle is a bit clunky so try not to drop this on your bathroom floor. I'm glad that Gucci released this as they lately seem to be going the route of trendier fragrances, so yes, this one is more 'mature'. But if you love this fragrance, you will know that I mean 'mature' only in the most laudatory of terms. A sleeper hit for sure. So sad I can't pick up another bottle of it as easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to go back to some old classics because 90% of new fragrances bore me beyond endurance.

This one is one I'll always come back to. It's so beautiful. As someone else said, it's hard to describe. It makes me think of a beautiful, elegant, grown-up woman, very sure of herself, very classy. And men seem to love it. Whenever I wear this, men tell me I smell so good.

Only problem with these lovely classics is that they get harder and harder to get, as well as more and more expensive. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by nhirohas

Divine. If I describe this frag in one word, this is it. It is hard to describe the complexity of this perfume, it has some sweetness of vanilla, jasmine like white floral, herbal and spicy kick and boldness. Just a little sniff, you can tell It is very deep and rich. Just looking at the dark amber color in the gorgeous heavy glass bottle makes me feel special and handling very precious liquid.

I haven't been out wearing this frag yet, just because I haven't gotten an appropriate opportunity to go out wearing this bold and seductive frag. I have been wearing at home after a long day of work instead. It creates my mood for the evening. Quite often I spray this perfume on me when I go to bed. I sleep like a queen every time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this perfume by mistake, but I fell in love with it on the first sniff. I've been looking for a perfume for my mother's birthday and at the store I asked for Gucci by Gucci and by mistake they sprayed this perfume on me. I smelled it and felt that this is a wonderful fragrance but not really for my mother. I bought Flora for her that day. But since then Eau de Parfum stayed in my head and my nose. I had to buy it. It's like opium. Or like a cocktail made of dark chocolate, sugar, whiskey and sex. It's luxurious, sexy, addictive and smells so good you want to sniff yourself all the time. And here is the problem. On me, it didn't last long. I wish I could preserve it a little longer on me, but it was gone after a couple of hours. No real dry down, just gone. And so was the bottle gone after 2 months ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by troodos

I adore this and was horrofied to find it's doscontinued. the sexy balsamic, oriental notes are just gorgeous.