December 20, 2014 | 1347 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Mulch

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Laura41

Gorgeous shimmery medium brown which can be layered over a dark matte colour to intensify and bring out the glittery particles. I use this lightly with all that glitters and blanc type for daytime wear also. Looks really nice smudged under the lower lashes for a smokey look. Would definitely repurchase but probably won't need to as a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Another BIG disappointment for me. Mulch is a mediocre shade in my opinion, a cool-toned, dirty brown with reddy undertones. So unflattering on my dark brown-black eyes and the pigmentation was stiff and hard to work with.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good pigmentation, buttery soft (similar to a frost), with just a hint of sparkle that is not gritty at all. The red undertones bring out the green in your eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I already have the Naked eye palette that has a shade very close to this one but it isn't as complex. Against my skin it translate with a slightly red undertone which looks absolutely beautiful paired with MACon "honesty" and "vanilla" pigment. I've even done a smoky eye with this shade and it came out pretty nice. Very impressed with this shade and I definitely plan on repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing this in one of JeanFrancois's videos. He used this shade in conjunction with MAC Woodwinked. The shade was the shade I wanted Woodwinked to be by itself. I took one lippie off since I feel like there an extensive amount of micro glitter. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by asd1random

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not sure why this has such a high rating. It's a nice eyeshadow, but not a 4.5. The color is pretty enough, but I don't like the formula. The shimmer is quite gritty and can separate from the base sometimes. The color btw is a medium brown slight red-dy undertones. Compared to Twinks, which is similar, this one is slightly warmer, as in Twinks is more plummy, and this one is more brick-y. If you have a darker tan complexion do try this in store because on me the effect is really quite meh. If you;re pale I think this would look quite nice, just use a good base to minimise fallout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was much fairer this pulled too much red on me. Now it is a great shade on my medium skin tone. It really makes my brown eyes pop and works in a variety of ways for me. I can use darker brown or purple shades to give it more depth, but on its own it is pretty. I have to use a primer to make it last since my lids get too oily, but it is one of my favorite shadows from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ceex2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first MAC shadow and the only eye shadow I repurchase over and over. I'm NC20 with green eyes and this rosy-ish, pigmented, slightly shimmery chocolate shade makes them really stand out. This is a great color to use as a wash, lid color, or crease color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this eyeshadow, however I do feel like it could be a tad more pigmented and less glittery but I will still use it because it is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

Such a pretty true-brown, lightly shimmer shade! It was everything I wish Tempting was. It will go great with my Patina and All That Glitters. Decent crease shade. Highly pigmented. No fallout. Enhances brown eyes. My favorite look is to wear it over the entire lid during the day. Really intensifies a light brown eye. The look could kill.

EDIT: Will not repurchase because I'm going to delve into Alima, Silk Naturals, and Zosimos shadows as soon as this runs out.