September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Shadowholic Eye Crayon

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by BeautyproductGuru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hard candy Shadow holiday pencil Crayon,
I bought color Blonde I wanted a light day shade, this crayon was dry it was not a smooth gliding crayon it hurt and scratched trying to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Wookiewifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My experience with this product was so terrible that I actually made an account here just to share my observations and let it serve as a warning. I was excited to find some on sale as I adore Hard Candy's Walk The Line liquid liners and was stoked to try out another one of their products. These smudge and crease something awful. I'm not prone to oily eyelids, but since my skin tends to act differently in different seasons, after it smudged and creased so badly on my eyes, I decided to swatch it on my hand just to be sure it wasn't an oily eyelid issue. I did, let it dry for 10 full minutes, and it was badly smudged and almost gone with one tiny swipe of my finger. I've tried them over primers, tried setting them with translucent powder, and even putting powder shadows over them and nothing works. I don't care how low the price is, you couldn't GIVE me these with the horrid quality. Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was strolling through Wal-Mart this evening and found a set of 4 of these pencils for $4.88 in the Christmas section so I mean, how could I say no? I came home and after seeing mixed reviews on them, I figured I'd swatch them just to see what I thought for myself and I'm actually pleasantly surprised! I read a lot of people saying that they were super dry and not pigmented at all but I found that they were actually very creamy and soooper pigmented!

Basically, it came with four pencils with no names, sadly. But there's a white sparkly one, a deep emerald green, a dark purple, and a kind of bronzey caramel shade.

White: This one was kind of weird. It looks white in the crayon with fine white glitter but when you swatch it on your hand, it's not colored at all, it's purely glitter. Mind you, the sparkle is quite nice and with the holidays fast approaching, it might come in handy. The weird thing about it though was that it literally felt wet on my skin at first. Although, it did dry quickly.

Green: This one is actually a very pretty shade of light green. It looks like a dark metallic green in the pencil but it swatches more of a...teal green, according to my husband. Either way, it's not as dark as it looks. But it's still very nice, it has a metallic sheen to it and it goes on super creamy. I'll definitely be trying out this one as soon as I can! It actually looks very similar in color and sheen to NYX's jumbo eye pencil in Rocky Mountain Green but this one is a teeny bit more pigmented.

Purple: Ugh this one is gorg-ina. Like you don't even know. I'm obsessed with cranberry and burnt plum colors for the eyes and this one fits beautifully into that category. It went on super creamy and it has a bit of a metallic finish, like all of them do, but ugh. This one is proooobably my favorite. It's somewhat of a cross between NYX's Purple Velvet and Rust jumbo eye pencils.

Bronze: This one is also one of my favorites, it's a bronzey gold color that has just a slight coppery undertone and just...again, I'm in love! I couldn't find a NYX jumbo pencil in a similar shade but it's still beautiful.

All in all, these do seem very similar to NYX jumbo pencils and I'm unsure as to what everyone's talking about when they say they're not pigmented or dry, I actually find these a lot creamier than the jumbo pencils. Mind you, I haven't worn these on my eyes yet so my opinions may change and I'll do an update once I'm more familiar with them. However, I've bought eyeshadow pencil gift sets from both NYX and Hard Candy now and for 3 NYX pencils I paid $9.99 and for the HC ones I paid $4.88. So, we shall see!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Ryluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is only for the white (Mirror Mirror) color. I picked this up at WalMart because my Ulta was out of NYX Milk, and I thought this would be comparable. I only had to swatch this on my hand, and I immediately packed it up and took it back. I'm talking NO pigment. It barely even shows up white. It's almost translucent and all you see is glitter. I guess this could still be used as an underbrow highlight, but I was looking for white, and you would think that a product marketed as a CRAYON would have some pigment in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by jenn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These chubby pencils are awesome!! I think there are nine colors. I bought Camelback (dark champagne), Afterhours (beautiful duochrome plum), Cat's Eye (emerald green), and After Dusk (Deep marine blue). They are 12 hour waterproof, non creasing and on par in performance to the Milani Shadow Eyez, but they're only $5 at Walmart and have a greater color selection. The two I didn't buy are a Cloud Nine (turquoise), Purple Rain (bright purple) because I have similar colors in the Milani Shadow Eyez, and Mirror Mirror (looked icy white to me, not even a shimmery white), and Golden Rule (dark gold), which I didn't think would look good on my skin tone.
You'll need a good makeup remover to get these off. I always use Almay moisturizing eye wipes followed by Neutrogena cleansing cloths, and that gets even the most waterproof makeup off easily.
Love!