December 21, 2014 | 1611 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder 00 Nude

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT: After long-term use, top two colors (the winter shades, i guess) develop a dark, glossy surface on top and i have to scrape it off frequently to get any powder from that area. Even when i do scrape it off, i don't think i can pick up enough powder. Bottom two colors are doing just fine and they're like the only colors i'm using right now. I haven't found the culprit as to why top two colors go bad like that, if it was a brush/hygiene issue bottom colors would have suffered as well!

It wouldn't be an issue if it was a reasonably priced product, but Guerlain? Nope, if i paid an arm and a leg to purchase this i expect it to function at least like a regular compact powder. None of my compacts suffer this issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very good bronzer for fair skin.

I used to run away from all kinds of bronzers because i have very awkward skin color combination (face is fair beige, neck is a yellow-greenish white?!) Together with BB creams that contain titanium dioxide (ghost, anyone?) i looked pretty much dead. I used to rely on blushes to bring some color back but even the most natural one didn't look natural as i have like no cheekbones and a few pimples around the cheeks. Under sunlight i always looked like i wore too much makeup on my face.

While scouting for an alternative blush, i stumbled upon this, 4 seasons in 00 Nude. It had a nice pink in it so i gathered my courage (and money, lots of money) and bought it.

Thank god i did!

The product is not perfect actually; the top two colors (winter side) are very stiff with little to no pigmentation, i have to scrape some product with my nails before digging in the brush (which is a big problem for the price). The fragrance is also a little over the top and smells like a random baby wipe or something.

Normally i would give this 3 lippies for above problems but i just couldn't. I'm wearing this every day and it looks sooooo natural and healthy on my skin! I never knew the right color of bronzer could make such a difference. I can wear my lightest BB creams and high SPFs without looking like ghost now! Just swirl it all around the eyes and a little on the nose and i'm good to go.

I said i would buy this again but i will probably buy another bronzer from Guerlain. Once i run out of this one i'll look into men's version of bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never been a bronzer wearer, and I've been rather smug about it. (I live in Arizona, the home of the blondorexic and tanorexic.) I'm an NC 20 or so, and have always found that bronzers look orange or dirty or just strange one me. (I'm glaring at you, MAs at Bobbi Brown counters, who invariably match me to a too-light foundation and insist on "warming me up" with bronzer. But I digress.) Until now. After having read the reviews and blogger comments, I bit the bullet and got this, and I am delighted that I did. Other than the ghastly, heavy, floral scent, this product is magic. It's a makeup kit in a compact, and so well worth the $75 price tag. It is so finely milled that you can barely see it on your brush (I use my NARS Yachiyo to apply)--just feather-light--I've never used anything quite this gossamer. Anyway, I can use sections 1 and 2 (section numbers per Guerlain, clockwise from the top left section)--the top two--for a gorgeous, ethereal glow that is just incredibly flattering. Then I can add section 4 (the deeper brown, lower left) under my chin and at my hairline to shape my long face a bit with no orangey mess. And, should I be in the mood, I can add section 3 (the pink, lower right) if I want/need a pop of color. I'm looking forward to trying other combos--1 to tone down 4, 2 and 4 together for a slightly more or less contouring effect. I would use this on my eyes, but I fear the fragrance would cause havoc. Genius product, and it should last a long time (although all my blushes are on the back burner and quite jealous of my new find right now). Oh, the compact is a little bulky and tacky, but it comes in a lightly padded brown velvet slipcase which atones for the compact faux pas. I will repurchase as long as they make it.

8/23/13: this is part of Guerlain's permanent line--I emailed them to ask. I was ready to buy a backup!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by MakeMag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been on the search for a light, non orange bronzer for a while, when I came across this Terracota 4 Seasons on internet. So many good reviews and the colour exactly like what I was after for so long, but I really did not think I am gonna pay so much for a bronzer, that is so light, that will probably give only hardly noticeable results. But one day I stopped at Guerlain counter to check it out, and the nice lady offered to test it on my face. And that was it. I couldn't imagine leaving the store without it in my handbag.
It truly is an amazing product and totally worth the price. I am not a makeup freak, and I only buy what is absolutely necessary and I stick to only very few make up products but of proven quality. This is one of those makeup items that makes you look good instantly. 00 Nude is in my opinion too light to act as a typical bronzer and it would be hard to sculpt your face dramatically with this, if this is the look you are after. Instead, it adds lovely, healthy warmth to the skin. It looks very natural and rather matte, although the pink segment does have some amount of very subtle shimmer to it, so it will make your skin glow, but in very natural way, with no obvious shimmer whatsoever. It stays on all day on my skin, and I don't need to reapply a powder during the day if I used this product.
When buying Terracota 4 Seasons, I would not follow the name colour coding, I mean, if you are a brunette, doesn't mean, you can only go for the one designed for brunettes. Same goes for blondes. Just try them all and choose the one most suitable for you. 00 Nude will be suitable for all skin types.
All in all, I am extremelly happy with this product and I hope it's not a limited edition. If you are looking for a bronzer and have some free pennies to spend, do not think twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a review of the new 4-segment Terracotta color 00 Nude for 2013. I don't know whether it will be permanent or limited but it is sort of a much sought for product and seems to sell out everywhere. I joined the rush and blindly purchased it online a week ago. Would I if I knew what it is? Most probably yes.
My skin color is in between Dior 010 and 020 and in between cool and neutral in undertone. That makes my HG bronzer search a tough one. I did try the original 4 seasons in Blondes (one propably renumbered to 04 in this launch) and couldn't make any good use of it because of its dark orange appearance. For a couple of years I stayed away from all Terracotta products until I finally read that this spring the needs of pale and cooler people were finally catered for and so much liked bloggers' reviews that I was sure I ultimately needed the new Terracotta in 00 Nude. So what I've finally got is a nice pinkish powder which doesn't show up anywhere close to tan, both real and fake, on my skin color. It just adds a hint of a healthy glow I would say, but very subtle to be seen by itself. That is, I am not that pale for it to show as tan and not that tan for it to add some glam but right now it may look somewhat dusty or muddy on me. Anyway, the product itself is fine, very neatly picked by the brush and almost matte (I don't see any obvious glow from it and thank god no sparkles) and stays put. The case is, that I wouldn't dare to buy 02 because I have already tested it instore and it was again a too dark and orange no-no for me. If this 00 Nude Terracotta were a tad darker it would have been Chanel's 547 Bronze Rose :) But Chanel is more matter and more transparent.
Anyway, I do foresee this product having much use and already purchased a backup because I don't want to wait another 3 years for another suitable bronzer. And the last thing: at the very first couple of uses it literally stinked to me of what I later discovered was frangipani. It does go away soon whean applied and I finally got somehow accustomed but the product is quite heavily perfumed and the fragrance is tough, beware

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have reviewed what is currently the 05 shade (medium brunettes) under the main 4 Seasons review. I hesitated between buying nude and the 03 shade as 05 is a smidge too dark but still usable. I finally decided on nude after seeing the shades live and really liking how light 00 was and how it swatched in the store- i've had bad luck with really light bronzers turning orange on me, and the old 00 terracotta (in the regular line, called "makeup artist IIRC) was orange city on me.

This 00 from the 4 Seasons line is at the frontier between bronzer and nude/brown in the brown shades on my NC15 skin. The pink shade is a delicate baby pink. The pink quadrant is more densely pigmented and softer than the other three shades and will show up more if you swipe over it, even if you are mixing the colors.

I've worn the left two as a nude blush, swirled the three browns as a bronzer, and swirled them all as a blush. The pink really stands out on my skin, it doesn't fade in the way the mosaic terracottas did.

If you are darker than NC/NW25 I personally think 00 would be more of a finishing powder and that the pink would show up more than any other color, and probably wouldn't show up at all except for the pink past NC/NW30. If you are lighter than me, be careful with the pink shade but the bronzer shades are not too aggressive, even for NC/NW 10 and below. This is really a bronzer for the super pale.

Because of the difference in pigment and density between the pink and the other three shades, I'm going to give this a 4- I would have liked to see either the other shades being as rich and soft, or have the pink be a little more muted and less pigment-rich, in line with the other shades.

I don't regret my purchase because it does give a nice natural look for spring- it is a good inbetween product on cool March days where "real" bronzer would be kind of overkill, and the pink, despite being OTT if you are using all four shades as a bronzer, helps make this compact versatile for a lot of looks. The shades in this compact do wake my face up, and the brown shades especially are good if you have a lot of eye makeup or heavy lipstick on and want something on your cheeks that does not detract from the rest of your look.

FWIW in the new 4 Seasons line, the darkest 03 shade is the lightest 05 shade and likewise for 02 and 04.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No