April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Juicy Papaya Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Chosen15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite lip balm yet. It's very creamy and the color isn't too bright for everyday use. It smells lightly of shea butter, but doesn't taste like anything, which is good because then you don't want to eat your lips all day long. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by jairae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the lip butters in peach parfait and berry smoothie (love them both) and became hooked so I went looking for more. They're so moisturizing and leave the prettiest sheen on the lips without looking gloopy or artificial. Just the perfect gleam of color.

I took one look at juicy papaya at Target and passed it over because I thought I'd end up with creamsicle lips. Then I saw the great reviews and decided to try it. It definitely works on me, so happy with it! I have NW25 skin with freckles, for reference. It's not mlbb, that's more peach parfait on me, but it's a very flattering soft coral pink on my pink undertoned skin. Much subtler than it appears in the tube, thankfully. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very wearable soft coral lip color. It gives a hint of soft coral color in a creamy lip balm style base. A must have for me for this spring and summer. I like it on its own or topped with Smashbox lip gloss in Illume. Juicy Papaya is a lighter, softer color than Revlon Tutti Frutti which is a more pigmented orange-red color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually wear pink-based, cool toned colors but Juicy Papaya is an exception! It is an absolutely divine peachy pink coral and a perfect color for Spring and Summer. It's not too orange and it doesn't wash me out and I love how it brightens up my pinkish complexion without clashing with it. No scent, no glitter, and just the right amount of sheer glossiness and color that feels soft and comfortable in the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love these Lip Butters. So smooth, just the right amount of color, lots of shine & make my lips feel hydrated. I'm brown skinned (Indian) & this is my 1st "orange" ever...so I didn't want to go opaque but also not to sheer, this is perfect balance tho :) Only thing is that it really shows any inaccuracies that you (well @least) that I may have, so I must have exfoliated lips for it to sit well...but, if I put my Bobbi Brown matte on prior (just lightly) & this on top, it looks really great. Will most certainly re-purchase. Love Revlon LIP products in general. Good stuff indeed!!

UPDATE: I find these do not last that long, will always re-purchase but only on SALE. Also, the packaging is annoying, when you use the product, it rounds it up, but the tube is too narrow, my Mom has noticed same as well as a friend of mine. But the actual color is still beautiful, a minor idosyncracy at best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous coral-orange tone on me. I have light/not very pigmented lips. Warm orange-coral. I just look odd in cool colors. Nice quilted packaging. Hydrating enough to keep your lips normal, it won't heal them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rikagoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have quite the collection of revlon lip butters (I think I have 10 or so) and juicy papaya gets the most use for me. I have red hair and neutral undertones and it's the perfect soft coral for everyday looks that brightens up the face without being a statement like Tutti Frutti or Candy Apple would be. Thank you Revlon for such a great lip product in such modern, pretty colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kirito

Overall, I like this shade of the Revlon Lip Butter. It's an orangey shade that is quite sheer, but makes my lips look a bit brighter. I feel that I can wear this all year long because of its sheerness. Looking at it straight out of the tube, one would think that this is a spring/summer shade, but again, it's rather sheer, so it can be worn in the fall/winter as well in my opinion. I would like it if this were a bit more opaque, but it's still a great choice from the lip butter line!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by JazzyDazzle

I have the Revlon Lip Butters in five colors: red velvet, tutti frutti, gumdrop, sorbet and juicy papaya. Of the five, juicy papaya is my favourite. It is a peachy colour with a tinge of pink. it is quite sheer, and looks very natural when applied to the lips. It just makes your lips look like it's naturally pigmented. I love it. This colour is flattering on all skin tones, so hip hip hurray! While most people say that the Revlon Lip Butters don't have a scent, I personally feel like there is a slight slight vanilla scent that is, in fact, quite very pleasant.

Pros:
- smells nice
- natural, pretty colour
- does not have shimmer
- glossy, cream finish
- buttery texture, feels moisturising on the lips
- does not sink into fine lines
- does not require lipliner
- cute packaging

Cons:
- not very pigmented
- very pricey in Australia and New Zealand like all Revlon products (should be cheaper in America)
- lipstick bullet not properly aligned with the tube and therefore product clogs on the tube. Happened to all five of my lip butters.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan of most of Revlon's Lip Butters, including this one. It's not super bright or noticeable but I still love it. It's a sheer apricot shade that can be built up or left sheer for a MLBB look. Leaves my lips looking plump and glossy without being over the top shiny. Staying power isn't the greatest, but will stay for a couple hours with minimum talking/eating/drinking.