MAC Lightful Softening Lotion

4.6

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Polysorbate-20, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Porphyra Yezoensis Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Algae Extract, Caffeine, Arginine, Tourmaline, Phospholipids , Silk Powder, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Magnesium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Jojoba Wax PEG-120, Esters, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Hydroxide, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5

on 7/4/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- hydrating
- lightweight
- scent
- gives skin a glow

CONS

- price

COMMENTS: I have to say, MAC's skin care products are very underrated. I've been very pleased with their products, lately. The price tag isn't too favorable, but if it works...I'm buying. This stuff leaves my skin feeling so soft, plumped, and glowy. I love the scent and the packaging. It just smells so fresh. I like applying this with my hands, but I don't use this as a toner. I'll continue to use my witch hazel for that because I use this more as a base to my moisturizer. It just gives it that extra "oomph" without being greasy at all. It's a really nice product. My skin looks and feels hydrated without the heaviness or greasy feel. It also doesn't hurt that it works well under makeup.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i LOVE this stuff. This has really helped with my acne scaring and red marks left behind. I've been using it now for over a month and my skin has improved by 90% it's amazing. Before this i was using Estee Lauders essence and while i liked it, this one works better and is cheaper when you compare similar products. If you suffer from acne and marks this is a must! I also notices it plumps up my face and so my makeup sits even better on my face. I use this morning and night!

on 4/14/2015 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've bought this over and over and over again. I use it as a toner before putting on serum and/or moisturizer. This balances out my skin, and it's helped lighten any scars that I have from pimples very well. If you use this with any of the other Lightful products, it will work even better for reducing scarring. My skin loves this stuff!

on 3/30/2015 12:04:00 PM

Love this toner. It does moisturize a little. I do not use cotton pads for it. I just put some on the palm of my hand and dab it onto my skin. Makeup glides easily... even when I don't put moisturizer on. I will definitely definitely repurchase!

on 2/16/2015 3:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is without a doubt the best toner out there. It doesn't contain alcohol but contains a lot of antioxidants and other good stuff for the skin. It moisturises and tones nicely. I haven't noticed any brightening effect, but I don't need that. I pour a little onto my fingers and apply it that way, as I find it wasteful to use it with cotton pads. It's a big bottle, so it lasts me at least six months. Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I always wanted to include a toner in my skincare regimen, but I always found the alcohol was too harsh for my skin. Like anyone else, I thought this was a lotion. Haha, no. I did my research and it is a toner. Perhaps the most gentle toner I have ever used. I am on my 3rd month of using retin-a and adding this product to my regimen was a dream. It is not harsh, removes all of the lingering dirt + makeup left behind by my 2 cleansers (can't believe I had so much gunk left behind). It also provides a glow to the skin and makes it extremely soft. Definitely recommend!

I've used many toners/softeners and was religiously using Shiseido's softener (which is pretty good). I decided to try MAC softening lotion after reading about it on Paula's Choice (rated Best). It's similar in price to Shiseido and similar in that it doesn't make my skin feel tight or uncomfortable after using (I have sensitive combination skin so many toners unfortunately have that effect). I am on my second bottle of the MAC softening lotion and have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin ...it looks brighter, more uniform in tone and smoother. I use it morning and night following cleansing with Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser. The best toner I've used and will definitely keep re-purchasing, worth the money!!

on 9/11/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this. I have dry skin and wanted something moisturizing to remove makeup. I may like this product but I hate the packaging so dang much. It comes in a really hard plastic bottle which means you can't squeeze any out and the opening is so small that if any bubbles form they block the hole. I'm just not patient enough for this (maybe I'm incompetent)

on 6/26/2014 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best toner, hands down. I am Chinese, Filipino, and Spanish and in the NC35 to NC40 shade range. I have very oily large pores on my nose and cheeks with dry patches everywhere else. I've used this everyday for 2 months now, but I saw results even after one week. It really does hydrate dry areas, while reducing oil and shrinking pores in oily areas. Acne scars have noticeably faded. I think this works best when followed by a BHA product (I use a 2% salicylic lotion after this toner has dried). This is really an affordable toner for the benefits, considering that most other toners are alcohol based, which is like suicide for your skin. Other toners comparable to this performance will cost twice as much, plus you get a lot of product with this toner. Keep in mind too that MAC's concept for the Lightful skin line is inspired by Asian skincare so I would highly recommend this to women of color. However the ingredients list features benefits that ALL human skin needs.

on 5/30/2014 1:13:00 AM

Although this is really raved about by Beautypedia, it has failed to make a huge impact on me. The first couple of times I used this it left my skin feeling really dry, parched and tight which was really odd....but then after a few more uses and very liberal application (it say pour a small amount but I need to pour quite a bit) it just left my skin feeling normal....so don't know why that happened. Prior to using this I was using the La Prairie Celluar Refining lotion which was really good at reducing my pores and the redness, that I have a tendency of getting on my chin. Switching to this product has brought back the redness. The ingredients of this product may be great on paper but it could be years before you see benefit from the results. Its not an instant beautifier. One thing I do really appreciate about this product is the packaging.....not only is it quite funky but they have also made the opening really small which prevents product wastage and helps keep ingredients fresh.

Top Rated MAC Products