October 25, 2014 | 1054 users online

Toners - MAC - Lightful Softening Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

I wanted to love this. I have dry skin and wanted something moisturizing to remove makeup. I may like this product but I hate the packaging so dang much. It comes in a really hard plastic bottle which means you can't squeeze any out and the opening is so small that if any bubbles form they block the hole. I'm just not patient enough for this (maybe I'm incompetent)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Isabelamw

Best toner, hands down. I am Chinese, Filipino, and Spanish and in the NC35 to NC40 shade range. I have very oily large pores on my nose and cheeks with dry patches everywhere else. I've used this everyday for 2 months now, but I saw results even after one week. It really does hydrate dry areas, while reducing oil and shrinking pores in oily areas. Acne scars have noticeably faded. I think this works best when followed by a BHA product (I use a 2% salicylic lotion after this toner has dried). This is really an affordable toner for the benefits, considering that most other toners are alcohol based, which is like suicide for your skin. Other toners comparable to this performance will cost twice as much, plus you get a lot of product with this toner. Keep in mind too that MAC's concept for the Lightful skin line is inspired by Asian skincare so I would highly recommend this to women of color. However the ingredients list features benefits that ALL human skin needs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this is really raved about by Beautypedia, it has failed to make a huge impact on me. The first couple of times I used this it left my skin feeling really dry, parched and tight which was really odd....but then after a few more uses and very liberal application (it say pour a small amount but I need to pour quite a bit) it just left my skin feeling normal....so don't know why that happened. Prior to using this I was using the La Prairie Celluar Refining lotion which was really good at reducing my pores and the redness, that I have a tendency of getting on my chin. Switching to this product has brought back the redness. The ingredients of this product may be great on paper but it could be years before you see benefit from the results. Its not an instant beautifier. One thing I do really appreciate about this product is the packaging.....not only is it quite funky but they have also made the opening really small which prevents product wastage and helps keep ingredients fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by basslady19

One of the best toners I have ever used. I am use to using the Elizabeth arden toner which is good also but after using the softening lotion from mac I will never go back to another one. I can't believe how soft my skin felt with it. It also made me feel as if my skin was poreless. Also good at taking redness out. I do follow with moisturizer but honestly is enough moisture for me on its own. Way to go mac on a good product. Not disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Mac isn't where I would normally shop for skincare. It's usually make up for me.But this toner is really good. It leaves skin silky soft. No dryness or tightness(rritation) which is usually a sign of too much alcohol.But this is alcohol free and contains antioxidants and skin soothing agents.This could actually double as a light serum as the ingredients are good enough.The only downside is it does contain fragrance but it is a tiny amount.Given that the formulation of this toner is so good I would repurchase.It's not cheap, but I'd far rather buy this than these harsh cheap toners.I've never thought of a toner as a necessity.But this is an excellent antioxidant boost.One to have a look at next time you're at the Mac counter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

This is just amazing ! Onto my third bottle now , was without for about a month and my skin wasnt the same :S. I use this as my morning toner or nights as well when i want a more gentle toner . This hydrates and smoothes my skin feels nourished when i use this. I also like the high quality ingredients in this toner as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product after cleansing to prep my skin for the next steps in my skincare regimen. I decided to give this a try after reading the review on Beautypedia and have been pleased with it enough to repurchase. It's light, non-drying and the ingredients are a plus. I have seen improvement in my complexion (more even toned) when used in conjunction with my overall regime. It's expensive though, as with other departmental brands, but I take comfort that a bottle lasts me 4-5 months, my skin loves it and it contributes to my B2M collection.