August 23, 2014 | 863 users online

Blush - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Blush - Alluring Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There is a lot to love about this blush. The texture is nice and smooth, and not excessively powdery. There is no shimmer, it's a completely matte blush. On my skin (NW 25, normal), it lasts all day long until I remove it at bedtime. It's easy to blend and it's seems like there are less harsh edges to deal with than a lot of my other blushes. I also don't find myself having either too much or too little color; it's simple to get the right intensity with this. I've found that this blush is kind of a chameleon; I can wear it with peach colored lipstick or with pink or rose lipsticks and it matches them all. It really is a more neutral color than it appears to be in the pan.

There is only one drawback to this blush, and that is the packaging. What is EL thinking to make these nice Pure Color blushes and put them in a package that won't open? I've mastered the skill of putting my fingernail in just the right spot and using my opposite hand to pull on the bottom, so I can get mine opened somewhat easily now, but it is still a definite pain and very annoying. If I didn't love the product itself as much as I do, this puppy would have been taken back the 2nd day I had it. Not 100% sure I'll repurchase if they don't redesign the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by missmoffat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent blush. Finely milled, smooth finish, no sparklies. Alluring Rose is the closest shade I have found to an old Merle Norman blush that was discontinued eons ago, Cafe Rose (still remember the name). This blush is finely milled, and the case with the generous pan size is reminiscent of the old Estee Lauder blushes I used in the mid-to late seventies. I thought they were the best blushes ever. I am having a nostalgic moment, I guess I think a lot of the cosmetics of days past were superior in quality to todays fare. I read a review for another shade that they thought the case too big and would prefer a smaller, lighter case to carry around. I disagree, I prefer the larger case, which is solid and has an ample supply of product. I found no trouble using the brush supplied, it deposited the color evenly. However, had some difficulty on one or two occasions opening the container, but I did get it open. If that is my biggest problem I will overlook that as I am so happy with the results the blush produces. Note: I uploaded the pic above but think the color is more subdued and softer than appears in the image.
Update: Used the blush today-no trouble at all opening the case.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Estee Lauder reformulated their blushes and changed all the shade names yet again. The SA at my Macy's Estee Lauder counter recommended Alluring Rose as a replacement for the now-discontinued shade Rosewood. I had a tiny bit of Rosewood left and they do look alike. The pigmentation is just as good if not better than the previous version. However, the brush that comes with it is absolutely awful. It's coarse and rough, and dumps color in heavy patches. Luckily, I had kept the brush from the old packaging and it's so much better. I've read in reviews for other shades that people are having alot of difficulty opening the new cases but I haven't had any problems with it. Estee Lauder blushes are a huge value for the money because you get big color from a tiny amount of product, so I will always repurchase my favorite shades whatever their latest name may be.