November 23, 2014 | 1866 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Rapid Tone Repair Night Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this every night for one month. I had some post-breakout spots that I wanted to clear up. So far, this has noticeably lightened those spots. I'm using less makeup and feel more confident with my skin. This, along with my Clarisonic, has made a huge difference in my skin's tone and texture. I have oily, acne-prone skin that is quickly reacts to products, so I'm surprised that this has only positively impacted my skin.
Pros:
lightweight, aborbs quickly, doesn't break out my skin, quickly fades hyperpigmentation, evens overall skin tone, no negative reactions.
Cons:
expensive, has fragrance

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by louloulemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this moisturizer along with the day version for about 5 days and I can already see results. I'm very particular about my skin products and usually think the you get what you pay for but I'm trying to experiment with drug store brands lately and neutrogena has been really impressing me. It's a perfect summer moisturizer as it's not too heavy but I'll probably need a thicker cream for the cold winter months. So far I like it very much!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ruselaandrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this product for almost a month in conjunction with the serum from the same line and I could say that I can definitely see visible results! My hyperpigmentations aren't totally gone but I could tell that if I continuously use this product then I could achieve the results that I want! I wish I knew of this product sooner. Will update my results as I see them.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a week now to fade/remove my post-acne hyperpigmentation. So far I have noticed some very slight improvement. My skin is peeling very slightly however I combat that with my CeraVe lotion. I like that this product contains Vitamin C and hylauronic acid as it helps with the dryness from the retinol. I will update in a month or so and see how my dark spots improve!

5/31/2014 Update:

So not even a month has gone by and I've been seeing such great results that I just had to come back here and update. This stuff really does work - it does take a while though and I can see myself using this for a few more months just to get every last bit of hyper pigmentation to fade away. The peeling went away after about a week of use and now my skin is super dewy and smooth like butter. Will update again when I see more results!!

7/10/2014 Update:

So the results have sort of plateaud if that makes sense so I've been upping the retinol treatment with my perscription Ziana/Biacna and am now seeing even greater results.

BOTTOM LINE:

I have repurchased this and so far have gone through 1.5 bottles of this stuff and I think it works great if you have light pigmentation you want to get rid of, but for something more serious you definitely need to seek out a dermatologist and get some retin-A or trentoin for best results. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am rating this at 5-stars from very short term experience, and will come back and rerate after I see results in a few weeks. I researched this product both here in MUA and also on Paula's website. Paula gave this high ratings for packaging; opaque so it has good photo protection from light to keep the vitamin c stable, and also a pump applicator to protect product from contamination. The texture is light and creamy, and absorbs easily into my normal-normal/dry skin, leaving my skin feeling moisturized but not greasy or heavy. For me, the cost is medium at about $24 for 1 oz.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just finished a bottle of this and I loved it.I noticed soon after that my face was brighter and clearer looking and best of all makeup went on smoother and didn't need as much! Need to buy more!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ShalimarMoon

I've been using this product for over a year and love it. It's surprisingly moisturizing considering it's more like a serum than a cream, and it keeps my skin smooth, even, and glowing. A big plus is that it keeps my nose pores relatively clear, which NO other product has done except benzoyl peroxide. I was finally able to give up BP, after decades!

Only one downside: I can't use Rapid Tone Repair around my eyes. Too strong. I use Neutrogena Ageless Intensive night cream under my eyes (also a retinol cream, but gentler), and yet another cream on my eyelids, which can't tolerate retinol.

For a while I used the SPF Rapid Tone Repair during the day, but I found that the sun protection wasn't enough. My sunspots began darkening, so I switched back to my HG Anthelios SX for daytime. Still loving the Rapid Tone Repair Night through.

P.S. I also tried Rapid Wrinkle Repair, but when I compared the ingredients, I noticed that Rapid Tone Repair has retinol much higher up in the list.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i like this product bc it seems to help lighten my freckles/brown spots, i dont like the price, average of $23 w/o any promos & coupons. i only said i wont buy again bc i have something else i want to try before i buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

This is marketed as a 'moisturizer'.... yet is extremely drying. It should definitely be named a 'treatment' instead.

I feel obligated to finish this since it was so expensive for being bought at the drugstore. I have to follow with another moisturizer, and use a moisterizing serum before, to keep my already dry skin from drying out even more.

If you have very oily skin, this may work for you. But if you have normal/dry skin, stay far away.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

This moisturizer is just average, it's light weight feels great at night and it does what it's supposed to. I prefer the ageless intensives night cream over this product and I would not repurchase this. I love the day version with SPF 30 but I ran out of it in less than a month since the bottle is so small. This is an okay line but there are better retinol options from neutrogena.