Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Night Moisturizer

4.2

Water, Pentaerythrityl Tetratethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Ceteareth-20, Retinol, BHT, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyacrylamide, Polyethylene, C13-14 Isoparaffin, PTFE, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance

on 4/5/2015 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was ok and did seem to help with my skin tone a little.
Nothing too great for the price. It also took the whole bottle before I started seeing any results.
It was not too heavy but did seem to cause me breakout more then usual.
I was able to use it all over my face including under the eyes with no problems like stinging.
With "Rapid" being in the name of this I would expect better results then I got especially for this price.
Overall it was not bad and think it is worth the try.

on 2/27/2015 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I enjoyed this i saw noticeable change in my skin

on 2/11/2015 7:57:00 PM

I have been using this for about 2 months now. Tried Rx retinoid a few years ago, and it was too harsh for my oily, sensitive, reactive skin. I had some luck with the Avene retinaldehydes, but I wanted to try something new, so I got this. It comes in a nice opaque glass bottle with a pump that twists shut to prevent oxidization. I wasn't sure what to expect as I've had hit or miss with vitamin C in products, but my skin really digs this. One pump is enough for my face and neck if applied while my skin is a bit damp at night. The lotion is sort of fluid-y, and not too creamy. The only thing I dislike about it is the fragrance. I personally feel it's unnecessary in facial skin care as a gal who has reactive skin. While I haven't reacted to this fragrance, I would love this even more if they made it unscented.

I have some hyperpigmentation from old spots, large-ish pores on my cheeks and nose as well as some melasma under my eyes and on the sides of my temples (thanks hormones!). I had previously been using the Reversa 8% glycolic night time with very slow and minimal results in terms of melasma. For post acne marks, it works brilliantly. Within a week of using this, my pigmentation definitely improved, my pores looked a bit smaller and my tone was overall a bit better and brighter. About 3 weeks into this, I noticed my skin looking a bit dull, so I introduced a plain konjac sponge into the mix when washing, in order to help exfoliate a bit. It helped somewhat, but I was noticing some pore congestion, and since I don't tolerate scrubs too well, and knew I needed exfoliation stronger than the konjac, I decided to alternate a few nights a week between this and my 8% glycolic. I found a happy medium! I have fewer minor breakouts now that I've found this happy little balance, and if my skin looks a bit dry or dull, or if I have a noticeable zit, I go with glycolic that night. If not, I use this. I notice this stuff is better than glycolic for fading post acne marks, but it will not heal my spots as fast as glycolic does. I already have a backup bottle of this in my product drawer. I don't apply this too close to my eyes, but where I have, I noticed the skin looking less bumpy (not milia, but not sure what those little under eye bumps are), so I bought a Neutrogena Rapid wrinkle eye cream to try at night as well (will review once I've used it a few more weeks).

on 1/31/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I SWEARRRRR BY THIS STUFF! I am 42, with very light skin, and the past years of being out in the sun are starting to tell on me. I have several large brown patches on my face now that just surfaced within this past year....as well as red patches. :/
After ONE USE of this overnight, I already had started to see the brown fade....with daily use under my normal moisturizers, they area ll completely gone and my face now has one even skin tone. <3 !!!
You have to use it continuously though, it doesnt get rid of the imperfections, just fades them out....If I go a few days without use, the spots and patches are back. I will never be without a bottle of this. Pure miracle worker, for when I thought I was DOOMED!!
You might think it's a little pricey to be drug store material....around $16, but believe me....it's is well worth it. You won't regret it!

on 1/1/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Can someone please guide me if I should use this product or not my only concern is mild post pimple/acne spots/marks on my cheeks I'm only 19 please help

on 12/20/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have repurchased this several times and try to use extra bucks or coupons at CVS, so it's quite affordable. I like the sturdiness of the packaging, and the locking pump that keeps out oxygen. While my sunspots aren't totally faded, they are minimized for sure. I found it to be way too drying around my nose, so I blend two pumps with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil each night, and that solved that.

on 8/23/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this every night for one month. I had some post-breakout spots that I wanted to clear up. So far, this has noticeably lightened those spots. I'm using less makeup and feel more confident with my skin. This, along with my Clarisonic, has made a huge difference in my skin's tone and texture. I have oily, acne-prone skin that is quickly reacts to products, so I'm surprised that this has only positively impacted my skin.
Pros:
lightweight, aborbs quickly, doesn't break out my skin, quickly fades hyperpigmentation, evens overall skin tone, no negative reactions.
Cons:
expensive, has fragrance

on 6/4/2014 9:10:00 AM

I've been using this moisturizer along with the day version for about 5 days and I can already see results. I'm very particular about my skin products and usually think the you get what you pay for but I'm trying to experiment with drug store brands lately and neutrogena has been really impressing me. It's a perfect summer moisturizer as it's not too heavy but I'll probably need a thicker cream for the cold winter months. So far I like it very much!

on 5/25/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been using this product for almost a month in conjunction with the serum from the same line and I could say that I can definitely see visible results! My hyperpigmentations aren't totally gone but I could tell that if I continuously use this product then I could achieve the results that I want! I wish I knew of this product sooner. Will update my results as I see them.

on 5/14/2014 5:09:00 PM

I have been using this product for a week now to fade/remove my post-acne hyperpigmentation. So far I have noticed some very slight improvement. My skin is peeling very slightly however I combat that with my CeraVe lotion. I like that this product contains Vitamin C and hylauronic acid as it helps with the dryness from the retinol. I will update in a month or so and see how my dark spots improve!

5/31/2014 Update:

So not even a month has gone by and I've been seeing such great results that I just had to come back here and update. This stuff really does work - it does take a while though and I can see myself using this for a few more months just to get every last bit of hyper pigmentation to fade away. The peeling went away after about a week of use and now my skin is super dewy and smooth like butter. Will update again when I see more results!!

7/10/2014 Update:

So the results have sort of plateaud if that makes sense so I've been upping the retinol treatment with my perscription Ziana/Biacna and am now seeing even greater results.

BOTTOM LINE:

I have repurchased this and so far have gone through 1.5 bottles of this stuff and I think it works great if you have light pigmentation you want to get rid of, but for something more serious you definitely need to seek out a dermatologist and get some retin-A or trentoin for best results. Good luck!