September 18, 2014 | 1794 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Archie's Girl Pearlmatte Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I LOVE this powder I knew I should've gotten more than one I bought the flatter me too but I like Veronica's blush better even though I originally wanted Flatter me more. I use this all the time but now that I realize this is limited edition and since have been discontinued I'm now hoarding it I even tried buying a dupe from the drugstore but it's not close enough so I'm only gonna use this in special occasions or photoshoots other Than that I ain't using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this in Veronica's Blush, and never tried Flatter Me so I can't comment on that one but I love this VB so much that I have 3. I bought my 2 backups recently on ebay since this was LE back in March I believe. I went into Macy's looking for something else when the SA showed this to me and it was love at first sight. My skin has warm undertones and is pretty light unless I'm on vacation which is the only time I allow my face to get any sort of color. I think if I were tan, this might not work so well. It's a silvery pink blush/highlighter which I typically would not be interested in but once I tried it in the store I realized it gives me look I've been forever trying to achieve. It gives the most beautiful subtle sheen to my cheekbones though it can be used anywhere, or all over, of course. I even applied it to my bare lips the other day with my fingertip and was amazed how beautiful it looked. I don't usually wear pink lip color because my olive-y skin doesn't agree with it but this is perfect. I didn't apply gloss over it though I will try it again with clear over the top.

This has amazing texture- very very finely milled so it's incredibly natural looking. I can't stand anything very shimmery on my face and this manages to have a gorgeous sheen while also looking somewhat matte in low light settings. It has no scent and has great staying power. Unlike most of MAC's compacts, this one has a mirror so you can easily reapply on the go. I'm not too keen on the cover graphics- Archie flanked by Veronica and Betty- but gladly overlook that detail since the product is so stellar.

Even though I now have 3 of these, I don't use it every day out of fear I will have to one day live without it! I HATE all these limited edition products that force me into a frenzy to acquire as many as possible at inflated prices! Actually, I don't typically hoard too many products fortunately. The last product I scrambled to track down after-market was Chanel Delight glossimer which ranks right up there at the top of my short list with this beautiful MAC product. I really hope they will bring it back again someday in the not too distant future under a different name!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by catsaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this in 'Veronica's Blush' and it's such a lovely colour on pale skin, and very pigmented.

I only need a light sweep of this on my cheeks and they have a lovely flushed look.

The packaging is gorgeous and the hearts in the product are so cute, it feels great using this every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It got this in Veronica's blush - the pinky one as opposed to the other peachy one.

The packaging of this product is beyond cute - I love Mac's LE products and for me The Archie's Girls range was (for the most part) a hit!
As well as being very cool, the compact feels solid and there's alot of product in it.

The product itself is beyond pretty, a pink powder with darker pink hearts over it - it creates the prettiest blush and highlighter on my cheeks.

One warning is that, for me anyway, this is an evening blush. It's shimmer makes it a little too full on for day wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MsKrissyMakeup

Adorable Packaging! That's about all that I liked about this powder. When the collection released I couldn't resist the cute packaging and adorable heart stamps in the product its self. I fell victim to my makeup obsession and felt like I just HAD to have them....ugh what a mistake buying both! When I received the powders I was super excited and couldn't wait to try them out. I swatched them both and the color pay off was so-so to me. I just wasn't impressed, but I thought ill just give it the benefit of the doubt and try them out. Well......the first problem was the application. I decided to try Veronica's Bush. I tried with a powder brush, a stippling brush, and my fingers. My finger was the best application method for best color payoff and even that was hardly any payoff at all. I was soooo disappointed that I didn't even care to try the second powder in flatter me especially because I already have the powder in shell pearl which came out at the same time with the year of the snake collection. I think that these powders are super over rated and I wouldn't purchase them again... I don't even know what to do with the ones I have sitting in the boxes collecting dust. ahh....maybe ill try them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

I got the Flatter Me version of this and it's amazing! I swirl both colors to wear it as a blush or swipe only the lighter coral pink to wear all over my face and it gives my skin the most subtle glow.
It says up there that I wound buy this product again, and I would, because I love it, but I don't see how it would be possible since it's a limited edition item and it's already sold out.