September 2, 2014 | 890 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Annabelle - CC Colour Control Instant Perfecting Base Natural Finish

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sunny1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I DO NOT like this primer. And I am about to tell you why.

First off, it was $18 which (to me) is too much for just a primer.

Next:

- didn't "instantly perfect" my skin. Although, it did give a luminous finish.

- it burned by skin! Under my eyes would sting after I put it on. Horrible.

- CAKEY!!!! I used this three different ways.
1. Under foundation: made my foundation cake and gross.
2. Mixed with my foundation: no better.
3. Over top of foundation as a highlighter: the places I applied it to went cakey.

So do yourself a favour and do not buy this. I wanted to love it, but it was so much worse than I was hoping for! I ended up taking it back :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives next to no coverage. i put this on and use concealer and powder and i like how it makes my face feel soft and helps my concealer stay on longer. Packaging is nice and the texture is nice. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like kelseyrae, I'm also on the fence about this. I was thrilled to see a youtube makeup artist rave about this because I'm always glad to find great Canadian makeup and skin care products like Jouviance, Vasanti and, of course, Lise Watier. So the next time I was at Shopper's Drug Mart, I bought this. I was a bit torn as to whether to get the illuminating one or this "colour correcting" one but as I have some broken capillaries and a bit of redness, I opted for this. Let's just say that my experience was similar to kelseyrae's in that I didn't notice ANY colour correcting at all. This was an okay-ish product...it's fine as a primer under my mineral powder foundation but as for using it on its own, it is just not enough. I am far better off using my Marcelle BB Cream or the fantastic new CC cream from Smashbox. As well as giving better coverage and "colour correction", both of those products also contain sunscreen!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by karebeaarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product! The packaging is wonderful, I absolutely love the pump. The texture of this product is quite similar to a foundation. It works as a primer, as well as corrects and controls your skin. I use this as my daily foundation as I'm not looking for heavy coverage but just a natural look. My blush and bronzer goes on great with this too. It covers my blemishes and pimples enough that I still look natural. It feels like you're not even wearing any make up! Some cons are that my nose does tend to get oily halfway through the day, but for the price of $15, this baby works magic! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by kelseyrae04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am on the fence about this product. I bought it back in the middle of February and have been using it as a base for my foundation. It isn't very pigmented but it is lightweight and goes on very easy. I would say it works better as a primer than a colour controller(doesn't hide my redness at all.) I have been breaking out near the mouth and nose area since i bought it but i don't know if it because of the product or just my skin acting up. I will repurchase this again when i run out just because i like the way it primes my face.