August 28, 2014 | 1467 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Pro Precision Powder Brush #59

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush based on FrmHeadToToe on YouTube. She mentioned how great this powder brush is and how soft it is and since I was in need of a powder brush and looking for one that had natural bristles, I decided to splurge and spend the $49 CAD to buy this brush. Unfortunately, this brush did not live up to its price. $49 is a hefty price for a makeup brush! The packaging I have to say is pretty awesome. The bristles are covered with a hard plastic cap to protect it and on top of it, it is secured with the plastic that you peel off to 'open' it. The brush itself is very soft and feels nice on the face. I like that it is natural bristle. However, when I washed it, it started to smell, like mothballs and or really bad breath! The product is made in China and being that I'm Chinese, I am VERY familiar with the smell of mothballs and am very not fond of that smell. When I was washing the bristles, the bad breath smell expelled into the air and it stank. Upon smelling the brush while cleaning it, I wanted to throw up. After cleaning the brush, the smell still lingered. In addition to the smell, the bristles shed like crazy! I had at least 20 strands come out while washing, literally. So with the shedding and smell altogether, I would not repurchase. I'm going to attempt to use this brush a few more times and if the smell persists and shedding continues, I will return it back to Sephora. Not very impressed with the brush I bought.