November 28, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lips - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast Liquid Lip Color in Red My Mind

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by dardarthvader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm almost positive this is the lipstick Wonder Woman wore while employed because it lasts forever and a half, whether you're working out, eating a nice sandwich, saving people, flying, etc. etc.

'Red My Mind' is by far my holy grail of red lipsticks, and I've gone thru quite a few. MAC Russian Red, Nyx lip cream in Spicy, Wet n' Wild Spotlight Red, Revlon lip butters, etc. etc. This one's the winner for lots of reason. One, being that it's a beautiful, TRUE red that easily pairs with any skin tone. And although many complain about how tight it can feel on your lips and how you'll never forget that you're wearing lipstick with this stuff on, I actually appreciate that. Obviously if you're wearing makeup that isn't foundation or eyebrow-related, you will unfortunately feel like there's crap on your face because there is. Especially bright red lipstick, but I understand. The ultra pigmentation and matte finish wins me over completely. My favorite red lipstick used to be Spotlight Red which is a known dupe for MAC's Russian Red and Ruby Woo, but I like the precision of the liquid and I feel like this shade of red is more versatile than the mentioned shades. Spotlight Red, Russian Red, etc. I feel can learn towards being vampy and dramatic if your skin tone is fair/lighter side of olive and medium. SIDE NOTE: I love the packaging. It's tall and skinny AND VISIBLE.

MY APPLICATION: My lips vary from completely moisturized to very chapped, so I always use lip balm or coconut oil before applying. I don't have a problem with this contrary to other reviewers. Then, I apply a red lip liner all over my lips. It's an important step for me because it's one less coat of the lip color to apply which can feel heavy after the 2nd coat. I apply the lipstick and voila! I transform into an exotic Marilyn Monroe (in my wildest dreams). If I feel like I didn't get enough coverage or want my lips to be bolder, I let the coat dry and reapply only to the parts that need it (that's why it's a smart idea to lip line). Let it dry and powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by smachica03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a beautiful shade of red. Very matte with almost a vinyl shine as it dries down. I pair this with my NYX lip primer and it lasts a good 6-7 hours without touch ups. I wore this to work and received several compliments. Was asked if it was MAC or Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I a-DORE this product! I use it so much. It's such a gorgeous matte red with no shimmer. The formula is so lovely, seems high-end. I find I only need one layer because it's so pigmented. I pair it with MAC Brick lipliner and I'm good-to-go. I do find I have to re-apply after meals, not a problem, though. I adore the beautiful packaging and the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by xonicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect red lip stain. Once dried you will be able to do anything you like without it moving an inch. I love the matte finish. It's super cheap, you won't be breaking the bank. what more could you want in a lip stain?

yes its drying. yes the finish is a bit strange. you get what you pay for. I love red lips at a low price. I will be repurchasing, I see myself running out very soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

no no no. it dries and then all gone to waste. I love color and color when you put on but with chapstick, moisturizer and all this dries and your lips are done, its not even pretty anymore

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Cher86

I have this product in pink. It is very drying after only a few minutes. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a filler, thinking it was lipgloss, but actually it's an amazingly pigmented liquid lipstick that dries into a long-lasting matte finish. I LOVE matte lips, and I love red lipstick, so I'll definitely repurchase this, especially since it's so cheap! This is a classic tomato-red sans any shimmer or glitter. I got it at CVS for $1 after the sale & coupons, but the regular price is only $2.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are probably my favorite lipstains that I've ever tried, from any price point. I actually purchased my first two without knowing that they were lip stain type lipsticks, and thought they were more like a gloss lol But they're lipsticks that act as lipstains and come in tubes with wand applicators (like pictured) :) I could immediately tell upon application that they were not a gloss at all but they DO need to be be worn with a gloss (or balm). Whether it be applied before or after, they're too tight feeling on their own, but I don't want to take any points/lippies away from them for that reason alone because I assume the reason they have that "tight" feeling during & immediately after applying is what makes them perform so well - They're EXTREMELY pigmented & longer lasting than anything else I've tried. Red My Mind & Pink Perfection have lasted through 2-3 meals and a nap on me without fading away even the slightest - amazing right?!

Red My Mind is a stunning bright red &I am VERY picky with red lipsticks.. For whatever reason, I can't seem to pull off reds as easily as others do. Not sure if it's due to my skintone or something else that I haven't yet come to figure out..? (For reference I'm 30 y/o and between N10 & NC15 in MAC at this time - which just means I'm super pale & mostly neutral undertoned but lean more warm than cool. I also have dark brown hair & eyes.) I can honestly say that at one point in time or another probably tried close to 50 red lipstick shades, and only have TWO that I can say I LOVE (those two being Revlon SuperLustrous in Really Red, & Revlon's Lip Butter in Red Velvet) I have a few other reds that I like, but they don't do it for me the way those other two do.
Until now! NOW I can say that I have THREE red lipsticks that I love now thanks to WnW's Red My Mind lol :) I have to say though, if I apply Red My Mind with a heavy hand it looks a bit scary on my super pale skin, so I have to be light handed with it and dab a little balm on my lips before applying and a little gloss or balm on again after applying, but the end result is great. For anyone who loves red lipsticks, Red My Mind is one you need to try! &For anyone who loves how reds look on other people but have a tough time finding reds that look flattering on you, I'd recommend Red My Mind to you as well :)
From this line I also have Pink Perfection (a gorgeous baby pink which borders on almost being a nude pink) and I Can Bare It (a dark nude shade which is just a little too deep for me pesronally, but it's still very nicely pigmented & would probably suit a different skintone much better than mine) So I would also highly recommend Pink Perfection along with Red My Mind.
Overall, for $2.99 these are exceptional! I've seen them available pretty much everywhere now. I first found them at Walgreens but purchased my most recent one at RiteAid. I have also seen them at CVS & KMart. Right now (mid-March 2013) 2 of the local drugstores in my area have $1 off coupons attached to them, so they're available at this time for $1.99 which is just a total steal. Another great quality lip product from Wet 'n Wild -I'm also a huge fan of their MegaLast Lipsticks (the originals) & MegaShield Lipsticks (they're like lip balms but super pigmented & contain SPF 15)
I'll definitely be repurchasing MegaLast Liquid Lip Colors in Pink Perfection & Red My Mind though. I also plan to try out other shades from this line. Great job WnW!!
**I also added the picture for this review but it is NOT my picture nor am I affiliated with the blog it came from, I simply found it via Google and thought it looked like an accurate representation of the shade :) **