Bourjois BB Bronzing Cream

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff! OK so I don't wear it on its own as it has very sheer coverage, but I have been looking for a product for a long time that I can mix with a foundation so I can adjust the shade as my skin tone changes over the seasons....and I've found it! Being a very oily girl most foundations don't last very long on me apart from ELDW.....however wearing this on its own just makes my face feel too heavy and it looks like a mask! I also find the shades very pigmented and find that they don't have enough neutral shades! So its a nightmare even getting the perfect match (for me anyways as I have both pink and yellow undertones)! So now I've discovered this little beauty I just mix it with my DW (shade bone 1w1) and I can adjust the colour and get my desired coverage! What more could I ask for! Please do not discontinue this bourjois!

on 3/25/2015 5:40:00 PM

Love it.

This is a really sheer/translucent product that has no coverage. The colour is a warm brown with no shimmer but leaves a beautiful dewy finish on the skin.

I use this in two ways. I like to fake tan and also in the summer when I pick up some colour this works beautifully used all over the face to warm up my skin tone so that my orange freckles are not so garish against my pinkish skin. As it offers no coverage it does not make my freckles look ashy or grey in any way, as any product with coverage often does to freckles. It has the effect of changing the undertone of my skin to being more warm and therefore enabling me to wear more orange/warm coloured bronzers and blushers without looking odd against my pink skin. Having a little colour in my skin also has the effect of blurring any imperfections meaning I don't feel I have to wear concealer. I use it sheerly or mix in with moisturiser if I am particularly pale but when I have a little colour it generally works well and doesn't look orange. I apply after moisturiser and with my hands. The finish is slightly dewy but the product dries down and doesn't feel tacky on the skin. Lasts a whole day on my but I do start to get oily by the end of the day which is normal for me.

The other way is as a liquid bronzer, placed on my cheekbones, forehead and over my nose to create the effect that I have picked up some natural colour and also acts to blend the tone of my freckles (mainly scattered over my nose, forehead and cheekbones) with my pink skin tone. I can be a lot more heavy handed when I use this as a bronzer. I use a dense duo fibre brush to blend sheerly over my skin.

Packaging is ok. Label has faded and scuffed quite a lot in my makeup bag and also now I am nearing the end of the bottle I have to shake all the product to the bottom of the bottle to allow the pump to reach the product. The tube of the pump could do with being a little bit longer. Has SPF 15 but I use additional SPF and do not rely only on this. Costs around £10 I believe.

Great value, fab product which works for me and I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/16/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Yak! I've got quite tanned skin so bought this expecting it might even out my skin tone, perhaps give me a bit of a glow. In actuality I looked like I hadn't had a wash for about 6 months! My skin looked the colour and consistency of mud! I've even stopped people in Superdrug who were about to buy it and warned them off!

on 3/17/2014 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Not a big fan of this, the coverage is not good at all, it basically gives a little tint of (dark) colour but in no way covers imperfections.
My skin is pale and this is very dark , I will use it in the summer and mix with moisturizer for a hint of colour , but for coverage I will stick with my usual bb cream.
The only thing I really like is the packaging which is what attracrptedme to buy it in the first place.

on 3/3/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It doesn't have amazing coverage but its nice sheer tint gives you a healthy glow and because I'm very pale, I love the natural looking tan it gives. It blends really easily as well. Great product, also smells great!

on 7/14/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this bb cream so much. I've been fake tanning everywhere including my neck since the start of summer but can't bring myself to put any on my face in case it look orange or patchy. I picked this up a few days ago because the bronzing aspect of it looked perfect for making my face look more tanned. It's very sheer and light which I love because I hate foundation, especially in summer because its too heavy. It is very dark and slightly orangey when you first put it on your face which kinda scared me, but after blending it out, it looks gorgeous, dewy and glowy! I'm not sure how well this would work on very pale skin because even after blending, it is still quite dark, but if you want to look lightly tanned/bronzed then its perfect. Don't be put off by the dark colour if you swatch it in the shops because again, after blending it out its very sheer and natural on my medium/light toned skin

on 6/29/2013 6:07:00 PM

This is the first bb cream that actually makes you looks like you have a tan or boosts the tan you have. It leaves skin looking a d feeling lovely I can't complain about this at all I fully recommend

on 3/20/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have very pale skin, so I wasn't expecting this to work. But the formula is very light and silky on my skin and blending the product into your skin is super easy - just apply a little bit at a time. The amount of coverage depends on how much fair your skin is, as the amount of blending needed will alter it.

OK, this won't cover my hormonal breakouts, but my main problem is discolouration which this product solves, and it even reduces the appearance of my pores too. If you need stronger coverage, I've also fond that this makes a nice base for use under foundation too - the glow it gives carries through.

The coverage is light on me, but what sets this BB Cream apart from the others is the bronzed glow you get from it; I don't use self tanner as it always looks orangey on my Casper skintone, but this is mild and a true bronze hue.

I've found Bourjois Paris BB Bronzing Cream to be transfer resistant, long lasting and it doesn't settle in my fine lines.