April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - The Secret to No Makeup Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by laurenb15

I love this palette! The bronzer is light enough on my super fair skin and the blushes are very flattering.The first one is a very pink cream blush, it is very pigmented but it blends well. The second one is a powder light pink that looks super glittery in the package. However, I was surprised when I used it for the first time, the glitter is almost non existent when you put it on your face! The concealer is a bit too dark but if I mix it with the brightened, it covers my under eye circles really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by steffyashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Honestly, I think this palette is amazing. It consists of 6 products: a bronzing veil, a cream blush, a powder blush, a concealer, a luminizer, and a brightener.

What I like about it:
- the product itself
The blush are very pigmented, especially the cream blush. One swipe will be enough to give you a healthy pink glow. At first I thought the cream blush will look too pink, however you just have to be careful, use sparingly, and blend well. The powder blush looks very glittery on the case, but it will not look glittery on your cheeks.
The bronzing veil, for me, works very well to countour my cheekbones and nose bridge. The colour is slightly lighter than what I would normally wear as a bronzer, but actually it worked quite well.
The brightener is, I daresay, one of the best thing about this palette. Especially for highlighting your eyebrows. It is super blendable while being super highlighting. And you can use it in combination with the concealer.
The luminizer is great for the nose bridge, and near the cheekbones.
- staying power
The staying power is quite decent. When I wear this palette I usually need to touch up only after 5+ hours.
- packaging
Cute and actually quite durable. Plus it comes with a small mirror, and the 3-look cards which sort of teach you how to use the palette.

What I don't like about it:
- the concealer
The concealer is a tad dark in comparison with the rest of the palette, and did not really work for my skin. However, if I mix it with the brightener, it works quite well. It does a decent job of covering up acne scars and under-eye circles. However, it's not as creamy as I would like.

The verdict:
This is a great palette, however it does not work on every skin tone. If it works on you, the products will look amazing. Especially if you're new with contouring, then this palette is a great product to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Alleighe

I wanted to love this palette! However, I found the blushes to be way too pink for me...not flattering at all. Also, the bronzing veil hardly showed up. I did still really like the idea of having an "all in one" palette for so many products, so I returned this and decided to try the warmer, more bronzey-toned TF Natural Face palette. So much better, I love it! I would say if you have cooler toned features, this palette would work for you, however if you are warmer toned like me, I would definitely go for the Natural Face palette instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

This is my first Too Faced palette and I have to say they really make a good product. This palette comes with 2 blusher (one cream, one powder), one bronzer, one concealer, one brightening, and one cream highlighter. I have to say I love them all! But the concealer is a bit annoying me. It doesn't cover up my blemishes, nor my dark circles. Overall, I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by misskittycity74

I love this! It gives a great awake glow. I get compliments on my skin all time. Be careful with the cream blush a dab will do. This is what I use for my everyday face - quick & easy. It makes me look like I really know how to do my makeup proper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a genius idea! I imagine it would also make a great gift idea. The minimalist look can be very classy and its nice that this all fits into one pallete. Can't ask for anything more. I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect little purse palette. The blushes are lovely, the bronzer is nice for touching up a contour, and the luminizer works nicely. The concealer is meh but it'll do in a pinch. This, a lip balm, and a couple little brushes are all I need for midday touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Elle02

I love this. It has cured me of foundation dependence for everyday pretty. I use my Boots Instant Radiance BB (just a brightener really, see my review), then apply this according to the directions on the "cue cards" . Then I set it with DEWY FINISH NYX makeup fixative spray (another GREAT product).

I use my own Brightener, so you may have to edit the look a tad too. I have not used foundation since I bought this!! It is also a HUGE timesaver. Overall my skin and mood are much brighter with this awesome little pallette. I will be buying a back up immediately. It makes summer beauty a snap, and you will feel really pretty, but super natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too Faced definitely knows the power of attractive packaging. The Secret to No Makeup Makeup comes in a cute little pink,metal case with the usual charming Too Faced design. The inside of the lid features a mirror; folded inside the little tin case is something that makes a quick and handy guide when you're in a rush: A trio of pictorials suggesting three different ways to use the makeup in the palette.
Besides the bronzing powder, the palette comes with two pink blushes - one cream and one powder - as well as an illuminator and a brightener (what's the difference, anyway??). The cream blush applied very nicely to my skin and looked fresh and natural. I'm quite fair but I could imagine these pink shades would flatter most complexions. There is also a concealer which doesn't work for my fair skin because of its light caramel color. It has a consistency similar to palette lip gloss and does not contain enough pigment to cover really dark circles or blemishes. This palette is overpriced when the mediocre contents are taken into consideration. The final question, then, comes down to this, I suppose: How much am I willing to pay for a quick, easy-to-use makeup palette that comes in a quaint little pink tin?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by gcicero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! It consists of a concealer, highlighter, brightener (all cream), cream blush, powder blush (both in a cute blue based pink), and a bronzer (bronzing veil). The colors in here (especially the blushes/bronzer) are really beautiful and really improve the appearance of your skin (first time I tried it on at Sephora I went to work and was told how great my skin looked). Yet I have all of these products individually and did not think I needed them in one palette. Also, I am not one for multi-use palettes (i like my products organized by type) but the convenience of this palette sold me. As a test, i used all my products individually that are included in this palette. Getting each one out, using it etc. on my face took 15 minutes. With this palette I get the same look in 5!!!! yes 5 and I am not exaggerating. I love this palette for work. At my job nobody wears mu (probably a side effect of 3rd shift) and after a while there I wasn't even wearing mu to work (i wanted to use mu time for extra sleep). With this I can look fresh faced all night at work. Also I want to say a word about the case. It is so sturdy, i've thrown it in my purse for light mu on the go and I'm never worried about it shattering or breaking. I only wish my powder compacts were so durable.