Milani Eye Primer

4.3

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Phenoxyethanol, Water/Aqua, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate. +/-May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

on 7/24/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So I was on the hunt for a primer that had a squeeze tube and this was one of the ones that is reputed to be a pretty great primer out on the beauty blogosphere. So I took the $8.99CDN plunge and ordered a tube off of Well.ca

Primer is a must for me and my oily lids. I cannot wear an eyeshadow without a primer or else my lids will crease them right up.

This has a squeeze tube and I'm glad it does; I hate primers with the doe foot because I feel like I always end up applying too much. The squeeze tube gives me control and I really like that. Not even the Urban Decay Primer potion can give me that.

The product itself is a slightly thick beige color. Once I spread it on my lids it feels creamy and leaves the slightest lightest tint on my NW45 skin. It looks virtually invisible which is just the way I like it. My old eyeshadow primer (Essence I Love Stage - which did not impede creasing at all) was crazily pigmented, even the smallest amount made my lids look ashy.

This product dries quickly and once its dry, my shadow brush just glides right on over. No tugging, just smooth application.

I wore the eyeshadow for eight hours straight and by the end of that time span my eyeshadow looked freshly applied. During that time span I was out in the heat, I was sweating and my eyeshadow still looked great. That's incredible for me.

Definitely repurchasing this primer once I run out. It's the only eyeshadow primer I tried that's worked for me.

on 7/1/2015 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This stuff is awesome! I have dry skin, but for some reason my eyeshadow always creases. I have tried Stila, Bobbi Brown, Too Faced, & Urban Decay. None of them impressed me. This did! My shadow stays put without creasing. The price is right too. I highly recommend this!

on 5/18/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is great. Kept my eye shadow and liner on for 11+ hours through humidity. Love the tube packaging. Paid $7.99 plus tax, think that's a pretty fair price for an excellent product. I'll be repurchasing. PLEASE do not discontinue!

on 4/22/2015 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I like this primer. It works perfectly on my sensitive, semi-dry skin. No creasing or clumping, not heavy, great staying power. It's inexpensive and so far I haven't discovered any flaws.

on 4/13/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Another one that I tried just recently. It come out all clumped up! It had like small balls of the stuff in the smallest line possible to squeeze out. I did not notice it until I applied it to my lids, but dang what a mess! I tried to smooth it out and finally got the balls to smear in somewhat and the rest I had to wipe off. I then applied my shadows. Not a good finish at all. The stores around here must have very old stock, or else no one is buying this stuff enough for the stores to restock. This one creased within an hour or so too and I had to remove it. It did not make my lids look so wrinkled and dry like Fergie W&W did but it was a terrible consistency. I am going back with the high end brands. Avon works better than any of these other ones I have used lately but I am going to try UD for aging eyes and Too Faced next. Still on the search for a shadow primer that works great and looks great for aging eyes.

on 4/5/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Based on a good review by Hot and Flashy vlogger, I recently tried the Milani eye shadow primer. I'm disappointed. My eye shadow creases within hours, and then it's more difficult to blend out the crease due to the consistency of the primer. My search for a good matte primer will continue.

The consistency, btw, is like a silica - slick and smooth. Not exactly wet, but I have found I need to let it set for a minute before applying shadow. The color is slightly opaque.

Update: I gave up on it and threw it away.

on 3/29/2015 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

HOLY! Is this stuff for real? BEST I have ever tried hands down. This keeps my greasy lids in check. Liner doesn't move, shadow doesn't crease lasts all day and bet it would last all nite too, but Ive yet try that theory out....stay tuned I'm working on accomplishing that one!

Yep better than UDPP
You won't be disappointed in this product for what you pay
Buy it, Try it, Love it

on 1/28/2015 10:45:00 AM

This is amazing--it's cheaper and more accessible than the UD Primer Potion. The packaging is great too, I love the slim squeeze tube where I just squeeze a tiny dot to my finger and apply to my eyelid. It's alot more sanitary than the doe-foot that some UD primer potions come in.

I noticed a differnce when I DIDNT wear this under my eyeshadows to work. WITH: same vibrancy and smoothness after 10 hours, WITHOUT: creasing, oily, wears off.

Definitely try this, great primer! and it's in a nice shade for my skin tone (NC 25)

on 1/6/2015 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not absolutely terrible, but not good either. My eye shadow still creases with this. To me, that makes it a fail no matter how cheap the price.

on 1/2/2015 5:51:00 PM

I was looking for an alternative to UDPP and this definitely does the trick. It comes in an easy to dispense tube and a little goes a long way. Staying power is very good and I haven't noticed any creasing at all with my eyeshadows, plus the size is perfect to throw into my makeup bag when I travel. Price is pretty reasonable at half the price of UDPP and I will continue to purchase!

Top Rated Milani Products