October 26, 2014 | 1429 users online

Eye Primer - Milani - Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by coronacoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It has a good duration for the tube and easy to get the amount I want. It dries clear and has a good hold to make the make up pop! No trouble blending and holds so good. I love milani products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really was hoping this primer would work for me, since I had heard so many good things about it. The Milani eye shadow primer has a silicone-like texture (very similar to UDPP and Palladio Herbal Eye shadow primer) and goes on pretty much clear with a matte finish. First the good: This is probably the best performing e/s primer I've tried, at any price point. It kept my eye shadow vibrant and in place from the time I put it on until I took it off several hours later. No creasing or fading whatsoever. Even UDPP doesn't deliver that on me. I was truly impressed! However, I'm not sure what harsh chemicals are in this but I am highly allergic to it :( My eyelids were tingling and my eyes were burning the whole time. I was so disappointed. If not for the allergic reaction this would likely be a HG product for me. If you are not sensitive to makeup this primer is a safe bet, plus it is an easy to find drugstore product! Unfortunately I had to return mine, and have moved on to a different primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by peachiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the bandwagon with this one. I'd been using UDPP for a long time and was reluctant to try this since I usually don't like primers that feel slippery. However, this glided on nicely and kept my shadow on all day without getting dry or oily, it was just right. I'm pale/cool and I have a bluish tint to my lids so I would prefer something a little more concealing, but other than that, this works very well, especially for the low price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Glvsmkp2002

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading so many positive reviews, I was eager to try this, my first eye primer. It really did the job--color was incredible, shadow did not crease, and eyeliner stayed where it was supposed to. But after two days, the area around my eyes itched incredibly, and I started to get hives and puffiness. Sadly, this just did not work for my sensitive eyes, but I'm also thinking that anything that causes that bad of a reaction can't possibly be good for you! Giving two lippies because it really did the job, but taking away three because I think it may be toxic!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Blueberry1230

was using expensive too faced brand which was great but after reading monroemisfitmakeup blog (which is amazing btw) I took her suggestion of a cheaper dupe - Milani. And I am so happy I did. It keeps shadow from creasing all day long. I will never buy another eyeshadow primer. My friend at work thanked me for turning her on to it the other day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by payjark

For a $4 product at Wal-Mart, this stuff is a gem. I have just recently became interested in doing my eyeshadow everyday rather than just for special occasions. I never used a primer for the eyes, as I usually just used my face primer (Benefit Porefessional) on my lids if I were to use eyeshadow, which might be a big beauty sin. I've never tried UDPP, though so I will have to compare it to that and update but I am loving doing my eyeshadow now. Colors that I didn't like before because of the powderyness are much more workable now and I don't have to waste shades in my palettes. I am very happy with this and I wish they came in different colors. I typically use this and let it set, then apply a thin, blended out layer of cream eyeshadow and then let that set until adding my powder shadows on. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best! I love this eye primer, & it's my favorite one that I've tried. I've tried Elf, NYX, Urban Decay, & Nars, & the Milani is just my favorite! My lids are pretty oily, & this keeps my eye makeup from creasing all day & all night, plus it makes it go on more vibrant & pigmented. And I LOVE the fact that I can FINALLY wear cream eyeshadows! Before, any cream eyeshadow I'd tried was just useless on me & would crease in minutes, but with the Milani primer I can finally wear them! Also, I can't really wear bases on my eyes by themselves (for example, jumbo pencils, paint pots, etc.) or they'll crease, but if I put this on underneath they won't crease! It's about $6.50 at the drugstore, so it's really affordable as it is, but also it lasts for a really long time. I bought my tube of it forever ago, use it every day, & still I have tons of it left. I know on me it lasts at least 16+ hours-I know it would last even longer, but I've never stayed up long enough to find out how long it actually lasts, but I know that from the time I apply my makeup in the morning til I go to take it off before bed, it looks freshly applied. Even if it was super hot & humid out, & even if I sweat alot.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Niki007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I tried this twice. The first time I threw it out and I could not remember exactly why, and after reading reviews I wanted to try it again to see if it was because my eyes were just too dry at the time or I was applying too much. No and no. It does make you look older and is not flattering on my skin at all. I do my makeup in natural lighting where you can see details a bit more and its just bad. I do have oily skin and this dried pretty sticky for me. It clung to every single line and crease like nothing I've ever seen before!

If your 30+ with oily skin please please try Femme Couture Flawless Touch Eye Primer Nude 8.99 at Sally Beauty. It mattifies my eyelids all day (but does not dry them out). If I do not wear this my eye liner ends up making an extra line further up my socket, not cute. But this intensifies my eyeshadow, keeps oiliness at bay, and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I've probably bought 10+ tubes of the FC eye primer.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Missyboo123

So I have always used Jessie's Girl eye primer until I found this. This primer is absolutely AMAZING for its price! My makeup lasts all day and I barely ever touch it up. I have VERY oily eyelids and this stuff worked better for me than UDPP. I HIGHLY recommend Milani eyeshadow primer to anyone and everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I've tried a lot of what is out there for eye primers. I have to say, this Milani primer wins HG status. Here is why it wins HG. The first time I tested this primer out, I wanted to test it on bright richly pigmented shadows. So, I did a purple, pink and silver look. After about 12 hours of doing tasks like work, gym, cooking and cleaning, I went into the bathroom to go wash my face. I was half asleep when I looked in the mirror and scared myself! I thought "Wow, that is some bright ass eye shadow." I couldn't believe how vibrant it still looked at the end of the day. No fading at all! Not even in the crease area which is a big deal for me. I have deep set eyes and oily skin so my crease area tends to sweat and that is where I usually see the most fading. Also, no creasing! INCREDIBLE PRODUCT! Since then, I've done several looks using various brands of shadows and I consistently get the same positive results. The formula is thick like an ointment. It has slight pigmentation so it's great for covering tea stains. It's tacky for a bit to allow shadows to stick but it dries to a nice even finish. I don't have anything negative to say about this eye primer, I love it!