September 21, 2014 | 2098 users online

Eye Primer - Milani - Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by payjark

For a $4 product at Wal-Mart, this stuff is a gem. I have just recently became interested in doing my eyeshadow everyday rather than just for special occasions. I never used a primer for the eyes, as I usually just used my face primer (Benefit Porefessional) on my lids if I were to use eyeshadow, which might be a big beauty sin. I've never tried UDPP, though so I will have to compare it to that and update but I am loving doing my eyeshadow now. Colors that I didn't like before because of the powderyness are much more workable now and I don't have to waste shades in my palettes. I am very happy with this and I wish they came in different colors. I typically use this and let it set, then apply a thin, blended out layer of cream eyeshadow and then let that set until adding my powder shadows on. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best! I love this eye primer, & it's my favorite one that I've tried. I've tried Elf, NYX, Urban Decay, & Nars, & the Milani is just my favorite! My lids are pretty oily, & this keeps my eye makeup from creasing all day & all night, plus it makes it go on more vibrant & pigmented. And I LOVE the fact that I can FINALLY wear cream eyeshadows! Before, any cream eyeshadow I'd tried was just useless on me & would crease in minutes, but with the Milani primer I can finally wear them! Also, I can't really wear bases on my eyes by themselves (for example, jumbo pencils, paint pots, etc.) or they'll crease, but if I put this on underneath they won't crease! It's about $6.50 at the drugstore, so it's really affordable as it is, but also it lasts for a really long time. I bought my tube of it forever ago, use it every day, & still I have tons of it left. I know on me it lasts at least 16+ hours-I know it would last even longer, but I've never stayed up long enough to find out how long it actually lasts, but I know that from the time I apply my makeup in the morning til I go to take it off before bed, it looks freshly applied. Even if it was super hot & humid out, & even if I sweat alot.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Niki007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I tried this twice. The first time I threw it out and I could not remember exactly why, and after reading reviews I wanted to try it again to see if it was because my eyes were just too dry at the time or I was applying too much. No and no. It does make you look older and is not flattering on my skin at all. I do my makeup in natural lighting where you can see details a bit more and its just bad. I do have oily skin and this dried pretty sticky for me. It clung to every single line and crease like nothing I've ever seen before!

If your 30+ with oily skin please please try Femme Couture Flawless Touch Eye Primer Nude 8.99 at Sally Beauty. It mattifies my eyelids all day (but does not dry them out). If I do not wear this my eye liner ends up making an extra line further up my socket, not cute. But this intensifies my eyeshadow, keeps oiliness at bay, and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I've probably bought 10+ tubes of the FC eye primer.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Missyboo123

So I have always used Jessie's Girl eye primer until I found this. This primer is absolutely AMAZING for its price! My makeup lasts all day and I barely ever touch it up. I have VERY oily eyelids and this stuff worked better for me than UDPP. I HIGHLY recommend Milani eyeshadow primer to anyone and everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I've tried a lot of what is out there for eye primers. I have to say, this Milani primer wins HG status. Here is why it wins HG. The first time I tested this primer out, I wanted to test it on bright richly pigmented shadows. So, I did a purple, pink and silver look. After about 12 hours of doing tasks like work, gym, cooking and cleaning, I went into the bathroom to go wash my face. I was half asleep when I looked in the mirror and scared myself! I thought "Wow, that is some bright ass eye shadow." I couldn't believe how vibrant it still looked at the end of the day. No fading at all! Not even in the crease area which is a big deal for me. I have deep set eyes and oily skin so my crease area tends to sweat and that is where I usually see the most fading. Also, no creasing! INCREDIBLE PRODUCT! Since then, I've done several looks using various brands of shadows and I consistently get the same positive results. The formula is thick like an ointment. It has slight pigmentation so it's great for covering tea stains. It's tacky for a bit to allow shadows to stick but it dries to a nice even finish. I don't have anything negative to say about this eye primer, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great stuff. First you really notice a difference when you apply it and when you don't. There's a tackiness to it that reassures you that the eyeshadows is going to stick to it. It's tinted but it will blend into your skin as you work it in. I use a very small amount, a little bigger than a pin size for each eye. I usually give it about 30 seconds to set as the instructions on the packaging states and voila, my eyeshadows does not budge at all. Everything on my face can disappear by the end of the night, but my eye makeup would be immaculate. Keep in mind I don't have the oiliest of lids. Love this stuff and my friend whom I recommended it to loves it too and is already on her second tube. I also love that it's a squeeze tube because I feel like I wouldn't be wasting product and there's no messiness involved. Would definitely repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by powerpoptart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh my god. THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT! I have extremely oily lids and even Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden (which was supposed to be for oily lids as mentioned by the MUA) can't save my oily lids. UDPP in Eden creases like mad on my oily lids and it makes my eyeshadow dull and murky. Smudges my waterproof eyeliner as well because waterproof eyeliner is resistant to water but not oil I guess (I live in a hot and humid climate). I was so disappointed and disheartened at the result because it took me a long time before I decided to bite the bullet and just purchase it as it is quite costly in the country that I live in. And to see that it does not work on me no matter how many times I try to change the way I apply it is really a big heartache. Still creases like mad.

And then here comes MILANI Eyeshadow Primer. Heard some good reviews on it and I hesitated for awhile before purchasing it due to the bad experience with UDPP. I thought if UDPP can't save my oily lids, nothing else can. I gave it a long thought before I came to the decision that I just need to try all kinds of eye primers in the hope to find one that may work for me.

So initially, I tried the ELF eyelid primer. I actually like it. It works better than UDPP as it does not cause creases, however, the staying power does not last long and a few hours (2-3 hours) later, my waterproof eyeliner runs at the side of my eyelid due to my oily lids. And I didn't really like the doe-foot applicator either, it makes it so hard to get the actual product and as a result, the product finishes rather quickly. Thank god they are so cheap though but I just wasn't satisfied with the ELF and wanted to find something better. So, I finally decided to try the MILANI Eyeshadow Primer as I heard really good reviews of it albeit being skeptical (thanks to UDPP! Pffts). But since it is cheaper compared to UDPP (slightly pricier than ELF's though) I thought "Oh heck, why the heck not?!". AND OH MY GOD, BEST DECISION EVER! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

It comes in a squeeze tube which makes it so easy to get just the right amount that is needed for my eyelids. Only need very little of it for the whole lid! The product also has a little bit of tint to it (though it becomes sheer once applied on the eyelid) so when it is applied to the eyelid, it actually makes my eyelids looks nicer as it evens out the skin. Waited for about 1 minute or so for it to dry before applying my eye makeup. AND GOODNESS, IT DOES NOT CAUSE ANY CREASES AND MY EYESHADOW, LIQUID EYELINER AND ALL MY EYE MAKEUP DID NOT BUDGE AT ALL. HOLY MOLY! AND IT LAST VERY LONG AS WELL. I CAN WEAR IT FOR ABOUT 12 - 15 HOURS (that's the longest I've ever wore it out for) AND MY EYE MAKEUP STILL STAYS PUT WITH NO CREASING OR SMUDGES AT ALL. AND THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WITH EXTREMELY OILY LIDS.

BEST EYE PRIMER EVER FOR MY OILY LIDS.

Oh MILANI, thank you for this remarkable product (and you make nice baked blushes too but that's another story for another time). Please do not ever discontinue this product! I highly recommend this for people with extremely oily lids and I'm so glad that my eyelids love this product more than the UDPP. At least my pocket won't feel the pinch when I repurchase this product again and again. For its cheap price, I really do not mind buying this over and over again. (:

Do try this product out if you want to opt for something that is cheaper but works great and I do hope that this product will work it magic on every else who tries it too. (:

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great DS primer without a doubt! I really like the formulation and how it brightens shadows and prevents creasing. I have used almost every primer and this and UDPP in anti aging are my fav's. I do think UD's lasts longer but Milani's works very well at brightening my e/s. I like the formula it spreads on easy and sets very well. I got about 6 hours before I saw some creasing mind you I have oily lids so i think it would last longer on those without this issue. For me it's a good solid primer that I will use and repurchase I like this one a lot especially for travel because if you lose it you don't have to worry how much $ you lost unlike UD's which, is pricey.

I am very impressed with the Milani line and have been purchasing their products for quite a while. These are just as good as some HE products imo and I like that they are cruelty free. They keep getting better as well and this primer is proof of it. Very happy with this and those with lids more on the dry side I think would love this. This primer is excellent and I really like it. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I started using this thanks to a recommendation here on MUA when I asked makeup board for recs for my super oily eyelids. None of the following worked for me in terms of preventing creasing (my major problem): UDPP (this stopped working after using it for years without problems), TFSI, paint pots, MAC paint, Lorac, Benefit Stay don't Stray as well as numerous drugstore bases and primers (elf, color tattoo, Nyx etc....) - I even started mixing a bit of milk of magnesium with various primers to try and curb the problem with some success but there was still creasing at the end of my workday. This works amazingly well at preventing creasing, even if I put a base on top of it, no creasing whatsoever. I've had long days where I put my makeup on at 6:00AM, gym after work and when I look in the mirror at 9PM, my shadow has not budged and there is NO CREASING, everything else look like crap but my eyeshadow is still perfect. I can honestly say that this is a miracle product for me and I have replaced all my primers with this little gem and it's only $8 CDN

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by southeast92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Have this Milani eye primer and i swear on my child's name this is awesome! It kept my shadows in place and after 8 hours of wear NO CREASING! Lady's try it out what do you got to loose really and for the price its great! But beware you might get hooked! I love my hoilygrail! 💕