August 20, 2014 | 1968 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Apocalips Lip Lacquer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I purchased one of these in a nude/pink and it's nice but I am not completely sold on it. It is a nice gloss but it's not a liquid lip stick or anything. It lasts for about an hour and it does bleed.

I wouldn't buy any more of these. I love the NYX butter glosses much more for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mwjo09

I have two of these - one in a nude color with shimmer and one in red. I thought I was going to wear this a lot, but I find them a bit sticky for my taste. Also they have a very distinctive smell. The texture is very nice, and they definitely stay on the lips. That's for sure. I really love the red color, it's so pretty. So i'm saving that one for a special occasion, where I need bold and beautiful red lips that stays like that all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by JL98

As soon as this came out I totally fell in love with this product and had to have it (I bought this last year)...for some reason I just became totally obsessed with the design of the tube, and the colours, and the name (I know tons of makeup have punny names but I just totally loved this one and the concept!!!!!). The hot pink apocaliptic shade caught my eye and that is now the colour I own (which makes me strangely happy:)) It has really great colour payoff, and with two coats it lasts for hoursssss (I even ate pizza once while wearing this which sounds kinda gross but it did not even budge). Applying it it's quite a wet formula, and you do have to dab your mouth with a tissue between coats (but then you should always do that with any lipstick! and don't forget to suck your finger afterwards to avoid the dreaded lippy-on-teeth situation). It has a kind of strong artifical smell but it's not so bad, I actually kind of like it! In any case I definitely recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the colour celestial and it's a sort of neutral muted pink (almost Kylie Jenner ish). I absolutely love it! The colour is so opaque and comfortable on the lips. It's almost like a liquid lipstick which I loveeee!! I'm super impressed with the quality considering the price. It's not super long wearing but that doesn't bother me at all as I don't mind touching up my makeup during the day. I find it does last longer if you blot the first layer with tissue and then do a second layer of product, then you're good to go!! If this product was from MAC or other high end brands, I wouldn't even question it's quality, excellent! I'll definitely be going back to boots and getting some more colours of this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by BumblexX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have these in apocalyptic, stellar and luna. They looked amazing and so many beauty vloggers had raved about them so I thought I'd give them a go.
Not very impressed!!
While the colours are great, they are way too wet and just don't feel great on my lips. The only way I can wear them is a tiny bit sheered out onto my lips. I would much prefer to use a standard lipstick over these any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the shade 101 Celestial as I'd heard so many people raving about this shade. I'd read reviews and researched all about this product, but when I actually purchased it and swatched it on my lips, I was shocked.
When I'd watched the videos on Youtube about this shade, I really loved how it was a natural dusty rose pink, but when I actually wore it for the first time, it turned out much brighter and pinker than I'd expected. Maybe it's the Australian version, but the colour is very different to so many I'd seen.

The smell is atrocious and very overwhelming ! However, the pigmentation and consistency is amazing.

To solve the colour situation, I apply 3 dots in the middle of my lips and use my finger to blend it out. It actually helped it to stain my lips and make it a satin finish. Then I just top it off with a light pink lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by elliestrode

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the redish colour which I think is called Apocaliptic, I bought this and was very excited to try it out. I love using pink and red colours for my lips. The packaging is good and it has a bottle neck to stop any excess lacquer getting on to the wand of the brush. You only have to apply once as the colour is so vibrant so you don't need to take second dips to apply more. The colour is bright and bold. It really stands out. It lasts for a long time until you come in contact with something and your lips. eg: a bottled drink. The only thing that puts me off this product is the strange smell it has. It puts me off using it. Overall I would buy again as it is a good lip lacquer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by chanhm

I own three shades of this lip lacquer: celestial, nova, and phenomenon. I absolutely love the formula of these, they are opaque in one swipe and moisturizing. Although phenomenon did not work on my skin tone, I really like the celestial and nova! I only gave this product 3 lippies because I GOT A FAULTY BATCH! These lip lacquers, just like any other lip glosses, there is something like a "bottleneck" that scrapes off excess product so your applicator doesn't get all messy. BUT one of the apocalips I got did NOT have that "bottleneck", so every time I open my lip lacquer, not only that there is too much product on the doe applicator, the entire wand is covered with a thick disgusting layer of lip gloss, and it's just a complete disaster!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by chelseaxo

I hated this product when i first got it. The smell is awful and the consistency is very thick on your lips. The pigmentation is amazing however, and I so badly wanted to love this product so i kept using it. I've realized that less is more, and by applying a little bit onto my lips and blending it out the consistency is a lot more to my liking and not so gluggy and slick. It also sets a lot faster by using less, otherwise it remains very wet and overly-glossy on your lips, making is prone to smudging. I won't be repurchasing as it doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently picked up 'Big Bang' from Walgreens, and I have tried been trying it out over the last week or so. Overall, I really enjoy it. It has a great fruity smell (similar to the Rimmel Kate's Matte Finish lipsticks). I love the packaging! You get quite a lot of product, and the doe foot applicator has a small divot in it to help you get enough gloss without having to dip back in 3000 times. The formula is very lip gloss like- slightly watery, high shine, good smelling. But unlike like gloss it is very highly pigmented- so much so that you do not need to layer it over a lipstick for a WOW red lip.
My one complaint is that is has a slight tendency to migrate to the edges and settle in the lines of the lips. Slight tendency, mind you. I'm a perfectionist about having a crisp outline, but the watery formula makes it difficult to attain so I normally use a lipliner (ELF matte red lip pencil, if you're interested). To solve the migrating and to make it pop even more I put it over lipstick (Revlon Certainly Red #740, or something like it. Overall I was pleased with the gloss, but I love it even more when I pair it with other products.