Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

3.6

on 4/19/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was not for me. I want long lasting color and smudgeproof. This failed on both. It just sits on my lips and as soon as I drink something, it gets all over. The smell is not nice at all. I like the name, but that's the only positive thing.

on 4/16/2015 5:02:00 PM

First of all the packaging looks so pretty and high end.
They have an amazing colour range going from a beautiful nude to some gorgeous bright pinks and reds.

The pigmentation is to die for and isn't sticky at all. They smell a bit weird but I personally like the smell and you will get used to it after a while. They also stay on your lips for an amazing amount of time
All in all I would completely recommend this product and the price is pretty cheap-around 6 I think.

on 4/13/2015 3:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I HATE THIS!!

Thank God, I bought this on sale...50% off...
Like everyone said, this lip lacquer got a weird smell that I honestly cannot describe! Plastic-ish, glue-ish. Oh, I got it, you guys familiar with how duo eyelash adhesive smells right? This smell is exactly like that! It crack on my lips, like a cheap lipstick, I don't know the longevity cos I cannot stands the smell, and sticky as well. Overall, I HATE IT! Sorry tho...this is honestly my first bad review on a lip lacquer...

on 4/8/2015 10:13:00 AM

I have the shade "Shooting Star" and i don't particularly care for this product. I bought the lip lacquer because everybody raved about it and I when I finally went and got one I was seriously disappointment.
My lacquer is in a nude shade and when applied to my lips it isn't very forgiving and it just looks odd... I think I'll just stick to my lipsticks

on 4/4/2015 2:10:00 PM

I HATE this stuff. After hearing great reviews I bought the colour stargazer. Because of this products ridiculous packaging I thought it was a nude... Just kidding its a gold sparkly mess.. Looks like maybe a top coat for a lipstick? Honestly not even sure. Still having hope I bought the next nude shade. This stuff smells DISGUSTING. It honestly smells like public washrooms. I still didn't like the shade I bought for a colour so light I was shocked how patchy it was. I can't rant about this stuff enough and I have no idea why the ratings are so high.

Probably my holy grail lip product. These things are amazing from start to finish. The packaging is beautiful and practical, the applicator being the star of the show. The doe foot has a dimple in the middle that holds the product and it makes applying with precision an absolute breeze. The product itself is beautiful as well, it's super highly pigmented, and it wears beautifully. It's not too glossy, not too dry. It goes on glossy but sets to a satin-ish texture. It's moisturizing, it doesn't feather despite it's pigmentation, and it feels amazing (not in the least sticky like some glosses). The only thing is that because it is a gloss type product it isn't as long wearing as a lipstick or liner, and you do have to apply every 3-5 hours. I have this product in the colors "Nova" and "Big Bang", and I plan on expanding my collection. A wonderful product that I recommend through and through.

on 3/27/2015 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I own Big Bang and celestial. I love them both. The scent is a little much but the colors are beautiful. Big Bang is a standard red, celestial is a really pretty pinky nude

on 3/22/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this product. I have it in the shade 401 Aurora, a strawberry pink close to red. The color is very intense and it completely covers my lips in one coat. You have to be careful when you apply it and also the first few minutes so that it doesn't smudge. I think this shade is great for anyone that wants a red lip, but not too red. This is a little more girly and fun than a classic red, and I personally find it more wearable. It has a slight scent of plastic or something, but totally ignorable. If you don't want a shiny finish you can simply blot it afterwards or take off some product from the applicator before applying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG the best liquid lipstick ever, the colours pack a punch, it has staying power it doesn't taste or smell gross and it feels amazing on the lips instead of drying you out. I can't remember the nude shade I tried but it was so super effective, maybe a little bit too effective because it looked too pale on my lips which almost never happens. I bought a shocking pink shade afterwards for an 80s party and I still love it to bits and try to find any excuse to wear it. I definitely plan on trying more shades!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have this product in a few colours but the one that stands out to me is Celestial (101). A beautiful dark pinky-nude. Doe foot applicator.

Pros:
- Incredible colour - really suits my olive skin tone without being too bold
- Nice formula - more moisturising than I expect from a drugstore brand
- Nice pacaking!
- Long lasting

Cons:
- Pretty gross smell - almost like plastic but I don't expect anything else from a drugstore brand

Would highly recommend this line !