December 19, 2014 | 1473 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Apocalips Lip Lacquer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Juicymango28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard about this product whilst I was watching a Youtube video, and I was in K-mart Australia the other day and saw that it was on sale. I brought the Apocalips in the shade Solstice, which I have just found out that this shade is only available in Australia and not the UK.
In my opinion I found it to be a dark copper colour, which I like as I feel it goes well with my gingery-brown hair.
I love how it is not sticky. You can feel you are wearing it, but not in a sticky way. It is very moisturising and it seems to stay on your lips for a while even if you lick your lips or drink/eat. Afterwards the colour is still there but not as shiny and I feel it then turns into a lip stain.
I think the least favourite thing about this product is the smell. I can't describe it exactly, but it doesn't have a vanilla or fruity scent like some lip products do. It just smells like a chemical that has been put into the make up. But as I love the colour and it's long lasting, the smell gets away with it.
I would suggest if you have ginger or auburn hair that this is the colour to go for as it will blend with your hair colour nicely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have the shade 'Celestial' which is a neutral pink with no shimmer. It looks wearable for everyday, but when I apply it to my lips it's much brighter than how it appears in the tube. This smells a little like watermelon to me, and its quite strong so it might be something to consider if you want to try these out. The applicator has a slight dip in it, picking up a lot of product so you can easily achieve full coverage with one dip into the tube. It has decent staying power, lasting through drinking and is comfortable to wear on the lips without applying lipbalm underneath. My only dislike is that is starts to look patchy with time and it's hard to wipe off unless you use makeup wipes, and layering on top of this to touch up makes it look worse. Overall, I prefer this formula over similar products like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams which are more drying in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by hagetat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this lip lacquer in apocalyptic colour. It is a nice colour, very comfortable on my lips, nice package. This is where the nice things end and not nice things start. This products travels around my lips no matter what I do. I use a lip liner all over my lips, it doesn't help, I blot it with the tissue between my lips, it doesn't help. I put very little product on my lips, it doesn't help. No matter what I do it ends up on my teeth. The staying power of this product is short about 2 hours. It doesn't stay if you eat or drink. I am not going to repurchase and I am probably going to toss the one I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by AlexeRobert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the opacity of this product! The smell doesn't last long and I don't mind it. The packaging is good quality and the choices of colors are varied. Great product! The only downside is that it tends to go on my teeth when I first put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by CBomb

I read some bad reviews about this stuff mostly because of it's SMELL. ....Yeah. So I had to set the record straight.
I honestly only found this product because I was looking for lipliner, and *poof* there it was! Glossy lip colors don't usually speak to me, but I put the tester on my hand and it was 100% COMPLETELY OPAQUE! Like, the color payoff was phenomenal! The colors were all gorgeous, but the winner in my eyes for now is "Big Bang" - the perfect red for almost any skin tone.
Applying is easy - it goes on creamy and smooth, and feels GREAT on my lips. It doesn't dry them out. Color lasts for hours through eating and drinking, and once it does wear off, it leaves a lovely stain. Even the packaging is cute - it's kind of edgy, but I LOVE that it *clicks* when the wand is tightly secured. The wand also has a little well that holds color so application is essentially seamless!
As for scent? It's a drugstore makeup brand. It smells like drugstore lipstick. It's not disgusting, and it definitely doesn't last long. In my opinion, the feel and look of these lipcolors is way worth a second of "meh" scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by rubyparchment55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Aw, gee. Bought three of these @ Walmart. Exciting packaging, but Oh No, smells exactly like Castor Oil. Gagged. Tossed. Back to Nyx Mega-Shine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased the colour Galaxy which a pretty purple with a touch of shimmer. This product is like a long wearing lipstick that is not moisturizing and it is quite pigmented. My only problem with the Apocalips is the scent which other reviewers have already commented on, it's hard to describe and because of this I cannot wear it. I am generally not fussy about scents for lip products, but this is really off-putting.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by PostBlueMik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would have to begin this review saying that being extremely sensitive to smell, I cannot use the Apocalips Lip Lacquer since I despise the smell.
It is an ok product, the colour is beautiful although I do feel like I need to keep applying it too often as it starts to immigrate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I purchased one of these in a nude/pink and it's nice but I am not completely sold on it. It is a nice gloss but it's not a liquid lip stick or anything. It lasts for about an hour and it does bleed.

I wouldn't buy any more of these. I love the NYX butter glosses much more for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mwjo09

I have two of these - one in a nude color with shimmer and one in red. I thought I was going to wear this a lot, but I find them a bit sticky for my taste. Also they have a very distinctive smell. The texture is very nice, and they definitely stay on the lips. That's for sure. I really love the red color, it's so pretty. So i'm saving that one for a special occasion, where I need bold and beautiful red lips that stays like that all night.