Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

3.7

Probably my holy grail lip product. These things are amazing from start to finish. The packaging is beautiful and practical, the applicator being the star of the show. The doe foot has a dimple in the middle that holds the product and it makes applying with precision an absolute breeze. The product itself is beautiful as well, it's super highly pigmented, and it wears beautifully. It's not too glossy, not too dry. It goes on glossy but sets to a satin-ish texture. It's moisturizing, it doesn't feather despite it's pigmentation, and it feels amazing (not in the least sticky like some glosses). The only thing is that because it is a gloss type product it isn't as long wearing as a lipstick or liner, and you do have to apply every 3-5 hours. I have this product in the colors "Nova" and "Big Bang", and I plan on expanding my collection. A wonderful product that I recommend through and through.

on 3/27/2015 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I own Big Bang and celestial. I love them both. The scent is a little much but the colors are beautiful. Big Bang is a standard red, celestial is a really pretty pinky nude

on 3/22/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this product. I have it in the shade 401 Aurora, a strawberry pink close to red. The color is very intense and it completely covers my lips in one coat. You have to be careful when you apply it and also the first few minutes so that it doesn't smudge. I think this shade is great for anyone that wants a red lip, but not too red. This is a little more girly and fun than a classic red, and I personally find it more wearable. It has a slight scent of plastic or something, but totally ignorable. If you don't want a shiny finish you can simply blot it afterwards or take off some product from the applicator before applying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG the best liquid lipstick ever, the colours pack a punch, it has staying power it doesn't taste or smell gross and it feels amazing on the lips instead of drying you out. I can't remember the nude shade I tried but it was so super effective, maybe a little bit too effective because it looked too pale on my lips which almost never happens. I bought a shocking pink shade afterwards for an 80s party and I still love it to bits and try to find any excuse to wear it. I definitely plan on trying more shades!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have this product in a few colours but the one that stands out to me is Celestial (101). A beautiful dark pinky-nude. Doe foot applicator.

Pros:
- Incredible colour - really suits my olive skin tone without being too bold
- Nice formula - more moisturising than I expect from a drugstore brand
- Nice pacaking!
- Long lasting

Cons:
- Pretty gross smell - almost like plastic but I don't expect anything else from a drugstore brand

Would highly recommend this line !

on 2/21/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I hated this product, like really hated it. I heard people liked it so I decide to try it and I actually bought two the first time, such a waste of money. The smell is horrible, it's to liquid and it stays on the lines, also it melts and goes everywhere if you're not careful. Takes to long to dry. I toss them away a week after purching them, but the main reason is the smell, it's just that bad

on 2/19/2015 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought Celestial and Stellar, colours are amazing but are NOT long wearing. What a lie. Such a disappointment.
Mine was off with my first sip of coffee (after applying one thin layer 30 minutes prior to drinking it)
BEST long wear drugstore lip colour is definitely Covergirl Outlast!

on 2/7/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is overall a really great drugstore product. I have this in the color Stellar which is a really, really beautiful watermelon color (it does seem to always photograph as red, I don't know why is that though) which looks stunning and very bright in real life. The texture is great-it doesn't not dry your lips in the slightest and it even almost feels moisturizing. It's super pigmented so one layer and you're done! It glides really well onto your lips and the applicator is quite handy. It's glossy at first but after a while it turns more matte. Longevity is alright-on me it lasts maybe about three or four hours.
The smell of it really put me off at first-it has a really odd and artificial smell of a watermelon. I'm now kinda used to it so it doesn't really bother me that much and thank god, you can't feel it on your lips.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product was terrible! The colour was awful, the texture was thick and gloopy! It didn't stay on and it smudged really easy! Will not buy this again!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

THIS PRODUCT SUCKS!
I went to my drugstore and found myself picking up this product, mainly because i never had a lip lacquer, and i'm always looking for new things to try...
The moment i put it on my lips i regret it. The smell is disgusting and quimical, and the product itself clings to your lines (AND I HAD JUST EXFOLIATED) and doesnt wear all day at all.
I tried to use it a little more often, to give a better and more honest review, and I just couldnt because of the smell. the only good thing i have to say about this is the packaging and the aplicator is quite nice