January 30, 2015 | 1840 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Apocalips Lip Lacquer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2015 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Amypeacemanchester

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was terrible! The colour was awful, the texture was thick and gloopy! It didn't stay on and it smudged really easy! Will not buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2015 4:04:00 PM More reviews by raquelbeatriz98

THIS PRODUCT SUCKS!
I went to my drugstore and found myself picking up this product, mainly because i never had a lip lacquer, and i'm always looking for new things to try...
The moment i put it on my lips i regret it. The smell is disgusting and quimical, and the product itself clings to your lines (AND I HAD JUST EXFOLIATED) and doesnt wear all day at all.
I tried to use it a little more often, to give a better and more honest review, and I just couldnt because of the smell. the only good thing i have to say about this is the packaging and the aplicator is quite nice

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2015 8:01:00 AM More reviews by zeenu2002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought stellar i wasnt happy with this product it was hard to apply it perfectly to lips, the colour was glossy and beautiful so was the presentation but it just wasnt for me NO HATE JUST THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME it may look amazing on you XD

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 8:27:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing the colour "Nova", I have yet to try any of the other shades, none of them appeal to me, but this colour is gorgeous! The applicator makes it easy to get a neat application, and the colour lasts through eating and drinking, and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. It's not sticky or unpleasant to wear, and it wears like a lipstick. I wish the line had more cream colours like this one, I don't think the formula would work as well in a glittery shade, but I could be wrong. I will repurchase this when I run out, and I hope they come out with more colours! Such an excellent product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mettehau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this after having heard people rave about it, but i didnt like it. Too sticky for me. But the colours are really nice, but im more of a lipstick kinda gal.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Juicymango28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard about this product whilst I was watching a Youtube video, and I was in K-mart Australia the other day and saw that it was on sale. I brought the Apocalips in the shade Solstice, which I have just found out that this shade is only available in Australia and not the UK.
In my opinion I found it to be a dark copper colour, which I like as I feel it goes well with my gingery-brown hair.
I love how it is not sticky. You can feel you are wearing it, but not in a sticky way. It is very moisturising and it seems to stay on your lips for a while even if you lick your lips or drink/eat. Afterwards the colour is still there but not as shiny and I feel it then turns into a lip stain.
I think the least favourite thing about this product is the smell. I can't describe it exactly, but it doesn't have a vanilla or fruity scent like some lip products do. It just smells like a chemical that has been put into the make up. But as I love the colour and it's long lasting, the smell gets away with it.
I would suggest if you have ginger or auburn hair that this is the colour to go for as it will blend with your hair colour nicely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have the shade 'Celestial' which is a neutral pink with no shimmer. It looks wearable for everyday, but when I apply it to my lips it's much brighter than how it appears in the tube. This smells a little like watermelon to me, and its quite strong so it might be something to consider if you want to try these out. The applicator has a slight dip in it, picking up a lot of product so you can easily achieve full coverage with one dip into the tube. It has decent staying power, lasting through drinking and is comfortable to wear on the lips without applying lipbalm underneath. My only dislike is that is starts to look patchy with time and it's hard to wipe off unless you use makeup wipes, and layering on top of this to touch up makes it look worse. Overall, I prefer this formula over similar products like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams which are more drying in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by hagetat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this lip lacquer in apocalyptic colour. It is a nice colour, very comfortable on my lips, nice package. This is where the nice things end and not nice things start. This products travels around my lips no matter what I do. I use a lip liner all over my lips, it doesn't help, I blot it with the tissue between my lips, it doesn't help. I put very little product on my lips, it doesn't help. No matter what I do it ends up on my teeth. The staying power of this product is short about 2 hours. It doesn't stay if you eat or drink. I am not going to repurchase and I am probably going to toss the one I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by AlexeRobert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the opacity of this product! The smell doesn't last long and I don't mind it. The packaging is good quality and the choices of colors are varied. Great product! The only downside is that it tends to go on my teeth when I first put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by CBomb

I read some bad reviews about this stuff mostly because of it's SMELL. ....Yeah. So I had to set the record straight.
I honestly only found this product because I was looking for lipliner, and *poof* there it was! Glossy lip colors don't usually speak to me, but I put the tester on my hand and it was 100% COMPLETELY OPAQUE! Like, the color payoff was phenomenal! The colors were all gorgeous, but the winner in my eyes for now is "Big Bang" - the perfect red for almost any skin tone.
Applying is easy - it goes on creamy and smooth, and feels GREAT on my lips. It doesn't dry them out. Color lasts for hours through eating and drinking, and once it does wear off, it leaves a lovely stain. Even the packaging is cute - it's kind of edgy, but I LOVE that it *clicks* when the wand is tightly secured. The wand also has a little well that holds color so application is essentially seamless!
As for scent? It's a drugstore makeup brand. It smells like drugstore lipstick. It's not disgusting, and it definitely doesn't last long. In my opinion, the feel and look of these lipcolors is way worth a second of "meh" scent.