July 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Apocalips Lip Lacquer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the colour celestial and it's a sort of neutral muted pink (almost Kylie Jenner ish). I absolutely love it! The colour is so opaque and comfortable on the lips. It's almost like a liquid lipstick which I loveeee!! I'm super impressed with the quality considering the price. It's not super long wearing but that doesn't bother me at all as I don't mind touching up my makeup during the day. I find it does last longer if you blot the first layer with tissue and then do a second layer of product, then you're good to go!! If this product was from MAC or other high end brands, I wouldn't even question it's quality, excellent! I'll definitely be going back to boots and getting some more colours of this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by BumblexX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have these in apocalyptic, stellar and luna. They looked amazing and so many beauty vloggers had raved about them so I thought I'd give them a go.
Not very impressed!!
While the colours are great, they are way too wet and just don't feel great on my lips. The only way I can wear them is a tiny bit sheered out onto my lips. I would much prefer to use a standard lipstick over these any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the shade 101 Celestial as I'd heard so many people raving about this shade. I'd read reviews and researched all about this product, but when I actually purchased it and swatched it on my lips, I was shocked.
When I'd watched the videos on Youtube about this shade, I really loved how it was a natural dusty rose pink, but when I actually wore it for the first time, it turned out much brighter and pinker than I'd expected. Maybe it's the Australian version, but the colour is very different to so many I'd seen.

The smell is atrocious and very overwhelming ! However, the pigmentation and consistency is amazing.

To solve the colour situation, I apply 3 dots in the middle of my lips and use my finger to blend it out. It actually helped it to stain my lips and make it a satin finish. Then I just top it off with a light pink lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by elliestrode

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the redish colour which I think is called Apocaliptic, I bought this and was very excited to try it out. I love using pink and red colours for my lips. The packaging is good and it has a bottle neck to stop any excess lacquer getting on to the wand of the brush. You only have to apply once as the colour is so vibrant so you don't need to take second dips to apply more. The colour is bright and bold. It really stands out. It lasts for a long time until you come in contact with something and your lips. eg: a bottled drink. The only thing that puts me off this product is the strange smell it has. It puts me off using it. Overall I would buy again as it is a good lip lacquer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by chanhm

I own three shades of this lip lacquer: celestial, nova, and phenomenon. I absolutely love the formula of these, they are opaque in one swipe and moisturizing. Although phenomenon did not work on my skin tone, I really like the celestial and nova! I only gave this product 3 lippies because I GOT A FAULTY BATCH! These lip lacquers, just like any other lip glosses, there is something like a "bottleneck" that scrapes off excess product so your applicator doesn't get all messy. BUT one of the apocalips I got did NOT have that "bottleneck", so every time I open my lip lacquer, not only that there is too much product on the doe applicator, the entire wand is covered with a thick disgusting layer of lip gloss, and it's just a complete disaster!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by chelseaxo

I hated this product when i first got it. The smell is awful and the consistency is very thick on your lips. The pigmentation is amazing however, and I so badly wanted to love this product so i kept using it. I've realized that less is more, and by applying a little bit onto my lips and blending it out the consistency is a lot more to my liking and not so gluggy and slick. It also sets a lot faster by using less, otherwise it remains very wet and overly-glossy on your lips, making is prone to smudging. I won't be repurchasing as it doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently picked up 'Big Bang' from Walgreens, and I have tried been trying it out over the last week or so. Overall, I really enjoy it. It has a great fruity smell (similar to the Rimmel Kate's Matte Finish lipsticks). I love the packaging! You get quite a lot of product, and the doe foot applicator has a small divot in it to help you get enough gloss without having to dip back in 3000 times. The formula is very lip gloss like- slightly watery, high shine, good smelling. But unlike like gloss it is very highly pigmented- so much so that you do not need to layer it over a lipstick for a WOW red lip.
My one complaint is that is has a slight tendency to migrate to the edges and settle in the lines of the lips. Slight tendency, mind you. I'm a perfectionist about having a crisp outline, but the watery formula makes it difficult to attain so I normally use a lipliner (ELF matte red lip pencil, if you're interested). To solve the migrating and to make it pop even more I put it over lipstick (Revlon Certainly Red #740, or something like it. Overall I was pleased with the gloss, but I love it even more when I pair it with other products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by zmarie100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have these in Celestial and Eclipse and they look gorgeous swatched on my hand.
However they are the most annoying lip products to wear EVER
they're waay to slick so when I apply it i feel as though its slipping all over my lips and leaving marks on everything that gets near my face
If you blot or try to dab it on the colour is so weak, and with a shade like Eclipse (very dark red) this is the opposite of what you want.
They smell like play dough which I would probably put up with if it wasn't for the other problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Vonnity

The scent, to me, weirdly resembles Subway. Yes, the sandwich. At first I thought maybe the one I got was old or something, so I bought another one and it smelt the same.

I like the packaging. It's a cool concept that you can tell if it's been opened or not from the clear part when it's new and hasn't been filled with product yet.

The applicator's also really nice, helps to hold enough product so I don't have to dip in again.

Have 2 shades, Luna and Celestial.
Luna was a disappointment for me. I generally like orange shades but this one does not look flattering personally. It was very difficult to get an even application with this shade. Furthermore, it does not stain my lips AT ALL. Celestial, on the other hand, leaves a natural dark rosy pink stain, which seems to last only for a few hours.

It's comfortable to wear and it looks the same from when you'd applied it up until you eat or drink. They are incredibly pigmented and will cover your natural lip colour, however, I don't think I'll be buying any more. I would try out the darker shades if they took away/replaced the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Disgusting. Smells like a vitamin oil & immediately after I apply it I can taste it and the taste wont go away until I have a mint. The doe foot applicator is bendy unlike the usual doe foot applicator & it makes it difficult to apply. This is more of a liquid lipstick with a full coverage. The smell & taste make it a no for me.