October 1, 2014 | 1903 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Apocalips Lip Lacquer

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by rubyparchment55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Aw, gee. Bought three of these @ Walmart. Exciting packaging, but Oh No, smells exactly like Castor Oil. Gagged. Tossed. Back to Nyx Mega-Shine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased the colour Galaxy which a pretty purple with a touch of shimmer. This product is like a long wearing lipstick that is not moisturizing and it is quite pigmented. My only problem with the Apocalips is the scent which other reviewers have already commented on, it's hard to describe and because of this I cannot wear it. I am generally not fussy about scents for lip products, but this is really off-putting.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by PostBlueMik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would have to begin this review saying that being extremely sensitive to smell, I cannot use the Apocalips Lip Lacquer since I despise the smell.
It is an ok product, the colour is beautiful although I do feel like I need to keep applying it too often as it starts to immigrate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I purchased one of these in a nude/pink and it's nice but I am not completely sold on it. It is a nice gloss but it's not a liquid lip stick or anything. It lasts for about an hour and it does bleed.

I wouldn't buy any more of these. I love the NYX butter glosses much more for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mwjo09

I have two of these - one in a nude color with shimmer and one in red. I thought I was going to wear this a lot, but I find them a bit sticky for my taste. Also they have a very distinctive smell. The texture is very nice, and they definitely stay on the lips. That's for sure. I really love the red color, it's so pretty. So i'm saving that one for a special occasion, where I need bold and beautiful red lips that stays like that all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by JL98

As soon as this came out I totally fell in love with this product and had to have it (I bought this last year)...for some reason I just became totally obsessed with the design of the tube, and the colours, and the name (I know tons of makeup have punny names but I just totally loved this one and the concept!!!!!). The hot pink apocaliptic shade caught my eye and that is now the colour I own (which makes me strangely happy:)) It has really great colour payoff, and with two coats it lasts for hoursssss (I even ate pizza once while wearing this which sounds kinda gross but it did not even budge). Applying it it's quite a wet formula, and you do have to dab your mouth with a tissue between coats (but then you should always do that with any lipstick! and don't forget to suck your finger afterwards to avoid the dreaded lippy-on-teeth situation). It has a kind of strong artifical smell but it's not so bad, I actually kind of like it! In any case I definitely recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the colour celestial and it's a sort of neutral muted pink (almost Kylie Jenner ish). I absolutely love it! The colour is so opaque and comfortable on the lips. It's almost like a liquid lipstick which I loveeee!! I'm super impressed with the quality considering the price. It's not super long wearing but that doesn't bother me at all as I don't mind touching up my makeup during the day. I find it does last longer if you blot the first layer with tissue and then do a second layer of product, then you're good to go!! If this product was from MAC or other high end brands, I wouldn't even question it's quality, excellent! I'll definitely be going back to boots and getting some more colours of this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by BumblexX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have these in apocalyptic, stellar and luna. They looked amazing and so many beauty vloggers had raved about them so I thought I'd give them a go.
Not very impressed!!
While the colours are great, they are way too wet and just don't feel great on my lips. The only way I can wear them is a tiny bit sheered out onto my lips. I would much prefer to use a standard lipstick over these any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the shade 101 Celestial as I'd heard so many people raving about this shade. I'd read reviews and researched all about this product, but when I actually purchased it and swatched it on my lips, I was shocked.
When I'd watched the videos on Youtube about this shade, I really loved how it was a natural dusty rose pink, but when I actually wore it for the first time, it turned out much brighter and pinker than I'd expected. Maybe it's the Australian version, but the colour is very different to so many I'd seen.

The smell is atrocious and very overwhelming ! However, the pigmentation and consistency is amazing.

To solve the colour situation, I apply 3 dots in the middle of my lips and use my finger to blend it out. It actually helped it to stain my lips and make it a satin finish. Then I just top it off with a light pink lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by elliestrode

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the redish colour which I think is called Apocaliptic, I bought this and was very excited to try it out. I love using pink and red colours for my lips. The packaging is good and it has a bottle neck to stop any excess lacquer getting on to the wand of the brush. You only have to apply once as the colour is so vibrant so you don't need to take second dips to apply more. The colour is bright and bold. It really stands out. It lasts for a long time until you come in contact with something and your lips. eg: a bottled drink. The only thing that puts me off this product is the strange smell it has. It puts me off using it. Overall I would buy again as it is a good lip lacquer