Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

3.6

on 6/17/2015 6:09:00 PM

I have 7 of these - 6 normal ones and 1 matte one. First things first, these are incredible. The pigmentation is incredible - way more impressive than a lot of higher end products. They often have some of these at poundland or B&M for 2 and less so even more of a bargain! I have three pinks, two red and two purple. The purple matte one is gorgeous but after 6-7 hours it started to get a little too drying and I have to take if off and reapply. The normal ones last a long time too but are also very transferable meaning if you eat lunch and drink with it on, you'll find yourself reapplying it as the middle of your lips will start to lose the colour. One big disadvantage of these products is that they bleed an awful lot, meaning it spreads onto your foundation - the red ones especially even when using a lip liner. But it's well worth the money and as long as you have a good lip liner it shouldn't be too much of a problem!

on 5/23/2015 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So I bought 4 shades of this product on sale : apocaliptic, phenomenon, big bang and nude eclipe. First time I wore one of them was to school, I wore apocaliptic. Gorgeous, gorgeous hot pink, a bit redish a bit fucshia, just gorgeous.... It lasted all morning... But it bled terribly.... In the end of the morning when I got home, I was so embaressed to see how much it bled outside my lip line. Because I bought 4 shades and in Portugal you can not return them I decided to buy a transparent lip liner and try them like that. It works much better !!! With a transparent lip liner this product doesn't bleed at all and lasts around 8 hours !!! They loose the shiny look around the 3 hour mark but you are left with tone of colour !!! This product will transfer if you eat or drink but they wear out nicely and evenly, there will be no patchiness or unevenness. As for the colours : Apocaliptic is, as I said, a beautifull darkish hot pink with a bit of fucshia in it; Big Bang is the most beautifull red I own (and I own lots of red lip colours since those tend to be my favourites), it's a warm-sih red but it's neutral enough so that the coolest skin tone can pull it of, phenomenon is a really white based peachy nude, if your are anything darker than a light skin tone, this is not for you and nude eclipse is a pinky nude, darker that phenomenon so it is more wearable.
I'm not gonna lie, they have a really weird scent, I really don't know hoe to explain it, but once on my lips I really don't notice it. It is comfortable on the lips, it doesn't leave them feeling dry or anything like that.
Do I recommend it ? Only if you have or don't mind buying an anti-feadering lip linner, otherwise NO !!!! Without one, this product bleeds a lot.... If you use one, this lacquer will last you a long, long time on the lips while it still remains confortable and the colours are gorgeous !!
(I'm sorry fo my poor english, it is not my first language)

This stuff is the worst. I'm returning the ones I bought. Like another reviewer said, it just sits on the lips and gets everywhere. It doesn't soak into the lips or wear nicely at all. It smells chemically and the wand applicator is not ideal. Fail for me.

on 4/19/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was not for me. I want long lasting color and smudgeproof. This failed on both. It just sits on my lips and as soon as I drink something, it gets all over. The smell is not nice at all. I like the name, but that's the only positive thing.

on 4/16/2015 5:02:00 PM

First of all the packaging looks so pretty and high end.
They have an amazing colour range going from a beautiful nude to some gorgeous bright pinks and reds.

The pigmentation is to die for and isn't sticky at all. They smell a bit weird but I personally like the smell and you will get used to it after a while. They also stay on your lips for an amazing amount of time
All in all I would completely recommend this product and the price is pretty cheap-around 6 I think.

on 4/13/2015 3:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I HATE THIS!!

Thank God, I bought this on sale...50% off...
Like everyone said, this lip lacquer got a weird smell that I honestly cannot describe! Plastic-ish, glue-ish. Oh, I got it, you guys familiar with how duo eyelash adhesive smells right? This smell is exactly like that! It crack on my lips, like a cheap lipstick, I don't know the longevity cos I cannot stands the smell, and sticky as well. Overall, I HATE IT! Sorry tho...this is honestly my first bad review on a lip lacquer...

on 4/8/2015 10:13:00 AM

I have the shade "Shooting Star" and i don't particularly care for this product. I bought the lip lacquer because everybody raved about it and I when I finally went and got one I was seriously disappointment.
My lacquer is in a nude shade and when applied to my lips it isn't very forgiving and it just looks odd... I think I'll just stick to my lipsticks

on 4/4/2015 2:10:00 PM

I HATE this stuff. After hearing great reviews I bought the colour stargazer. Because of this products ridiculous packaging I thought it was a nude... Just kidding its a gold sparkly mess.. Looks like maybe a top coat for a lipstick? Honestly not even sure. Still having hope I bought the next nude shade. This stuff smells DISGUSTING. It honestly smells like public washrooms. I still didn't like the shade I bought for a colour so light I was shocked how patchy it was. I can't rant about this stuff enough and I have no idea why the ratings are so high.

Probably my holy grail lip product. These things are amazing from start to finish. The packaging is beautiful and practical, the applicator being the star of the show. The doe foot has a dimple in the middle that holds the product and it makes applying with precision an absolute breeze. The product itself is beautiful as well, it's super highly pigmented, and it wears beautifully. It's not too glossy, not too dry. It goes on glossy but sets to a satin-ish texture. It's moisturizing, it doesn't feather despite it's pigmentation, and it feels amazing (not in the least sticky like some glosses). The only thing is that because it is a gloss type product it isn't as long wearing as a lipstick or liner, and you do have to apply every 3-5 hours. I have this product in the colors "Nova" and "Big Bang", and I plan on expanding my collection. A wonderful product that I recommend through and through.

on 3/27/2015 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I own Big Bang and celestial. I love them both. The scent is a little much but the colors are beautiful. Big Bang is a standard red, celestial is a really pretty pinky nude