April 19, 2014 | 1878 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Apocalips Lip Lacquer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by chelseaxo

I hated this product when i first got it. The smell is awful and the consistency is very thick on your lips. The pigmentation is amazing however, and I so badly wanted to love this product so i kept using it. I've realized that less is more, and by applying a little bit onto my lips and blending it out the consistency is a lot more to my liking and not so gluggy and slick. It also sets a lot faster by using less, otherwise it remains very wet and overly-glossy on your lips, making is prone to smudging. I won't be repurchasing as it doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently picked up 'Big Bang' from Walgreens, and I have tried been trying it out over the last week or so. Overall, I really enjoy it. It has a great fruity smell (similar to the Rimmel Kate's Matte Finish lipsticks). I love the packaging! You get quite a lot of product, and the doe foot applicator has a small divot in it to help you get enough gloss without having to dip back in 3000 times. The formula is very lip gloss like- slightly watery, high shine, good smelling. But unlike like gloss it is very highly pigmented- so much so that you do not need to layer it over a lipstick for a WOW red lip.
My one complaint is that is has a slight tendency to migrate to the edges and settle in the lines of the lips. Slight tendency, mind you. I'm a perfectionist about having a crisp outline, but the watery formula makes it difficult to attain so I normally use a lipliner (ELF matte red lip pencil, if you're interested). To solve the migrating and to make it pop even more I put it over lipstick (Revlon Certainly Red #740, or something like it. Overall I was pleased with the gloss, but I love it even more when I pair it with other products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by zmarie100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have these in Celestial and Eclipse and they look gorgeous swatched on my hand.
However they are the most annoying lip products to wear EVER
they're waay to slick so when I apply it i feel as though its slipping all over my lips and leaving marks on everything that gets near my face
If you blot or try to dab it on the colour is so weak, and with a shade like Eclipse (very dark red) this is the opposite of what you want.
They smell like play dough which I would probably put up with if it wasn't for the other problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Vonnity

The scent, to me, weirdly resembles Subway. Yes, the sandwich. At first I thought maybe the one I got was old or something, so I bought another one and it smelt the same.

I like the packaging. It's a cool concept that you can tell if it's been opened or not from the clear part when it's new and hasn't been filled with product yet.

The applicator's also really nice, helps to hold enough product so I don't have to dip in again.

Have 2 shades, Luna and Celestial.
Luna was a disappointment for me. I generally like orange shades but this one does not look flattering personally. It was very difficult to get an even application with this shade. Furthermore, it does not stain my lips AT ALL. Celestial, on the other hand, leaves a natural dark rosy pink stain, which seems to last only for a few hours.

It's comfortable to wear and it looks the same from when you'd applied it up until you eat or drink. They are incredibly pigmented and will cover your natural lip colour, however, I don't think I'll be buying any more. I would try out the darker shades if they took away/replaced the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disgusting. Smells like a vitamin oil & immediately after I apply it I can taste it and the taste wont go away until I have a mint. The doe foot applicator is bendy unlike the usual doe foot applicator & it makes it difficult to apply. This is more of a liquid lipstick with a full coverage. The smell & taste make it a no for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by bphearts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After all the hype I saw over on youtube I decided to give these a try. I purchased two in Starglazer and Nude Eclipse. At first I was very content with the application and color payoff. Within half an hour both of these will be gone. It didn't set, instead it just sat there like a gloss yet glosses last much longer than this did.

Starglazer just looked like glitter was left over on my lips after an hour while Nude Eclipse just completely disappeared. I was hoping this would be a good liquid lipstick but I'm not sure what this is or what it's trying to be. Maybe the other colors are better but after my experience with these nude shades I am not willing to spend the time and money in finding out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these for the colours and formula. Some lighter colours are not very opaque and require two coats but the finish and formula are good. Very moisturising and dry to a moisturising lipstick finish, not matte. I have several colours of these but my favourites are Celestial which is a very natural pink (worn in the photo above), Apocalyptic which is a vibrant fuchsia, and Big Bang which is a very nice bright red. Smell good, not very strong, and last for 3-4 hours without reapplying.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product though. THE TASTE. IT'S HORRIBLE.
I'm not kidding. I swiped this on my lips, and besides the color Luna looking straight up orange on me, I could feel the perfume-like, artificial smell in the back of my throat. Now, maybe I'm very sensitive, but I simply can't stand it. The packaging is gorgeous, the British name is awesome (I don't know why they changed it for us Americans - I'm vaguely offended), and the shade selection is nice. The color pay off is nice, and it sits on my lips well. BUT GOD THAT SMELL. I've noticed many of these lip lacquer/liquid lipstick products have similar smells. and I can't understand why. This smell translates as a horrible taste that actually makes my throat feel dry. Maybe that's an allergy? Either way, I've read many reviews that claimed the same aversion to varying degrees, so I might just be an extreme case. That being said, I simply can not recommend these. At all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by EllieJean28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If you are in love with makeup and beauty there is no doubt that you have heard of this amazing new lip product from Rimmel and you are probably sick of hearing about it but I am going to do a review even though it's a bit late. My friend Jasmine (Popprincessjaz on youtube) recommended this to me actually and I'm so glad she did :)

I absoloute love the packaging on this product. It has quite a simple and standard bottle, it's black at the top and the colour fades out to clear at the bottom so that you can see the colour of the product. But I love the lid! It's kind of a gemstone and plain black, I really don't know a better way to describe it. It just gives the bottle that 'something' that people look for when looking for a new lipgloss.

The weirdest part of this product is definitely the smell. It has a foul smell but luckily it only lasts a little while. People have different ideas if what it could smell like i.e. Boiled sweets, warm rhubarb crumble, heated metal and I think that if you mix all these, that would be the smell. It's really not very nice, although some people claim to like it.

I think that there are 8 different colours and they are all very highly pigmented (this is probably the best part of the product) the shades which are paler (the nudes) aren't quite as pigmented though. The brighter colours however are sooo pigmented and stay for hours! Their also don't stain your lips like a lot of lip products do which is a huge plus!

I find that these lip lacquers DO have excellent durability! Obviously, if you eat, the colour wears and comes off, which is to be expected with drugstore, but you only have to reapply it once. They really do last a very long time!

They have excellent application techniques as well! It's a basic applicator but it has a dip in the middle which holds the product so that you don't have to keep dipping it into the bottle to get more. It does require a little technique to apply as it doesn't go on smooth and even straight away. Something really good is that it definitely isn't sticky at all and feels nice on your lips, soft.

I would give this product a 3 1/2 out of 5 as it has a few downfalls like the smell but overall, it's very good. I will definitely be buying some again as they really are wonderful! I really do recommend them!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Rahila520d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am IN LOVE with this lip lacquer. I have the shades Lune, which is a pinky nude colour and I have Big Bang, which is a really sharp red. Both colours are fab! The Big Bang last for ages and is almost like a lip stain, it really does last all day without drying out your lips, a little touch up might be needed as it will transfer onto anything you put your lips on but the stain of the colour will remain on your lips all day. Luna on the other hand doesn't stain the lips as Big Bang does but is a gorgeous nude colour and the lasting power is OK. I would definately repurchase and I would like to try the other colours in the range.

Pros
- Good range of colours
- Good for dry lips, goes on super smooth
- At 4.99 you cant go wrong