November 22, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Apocalips Lip Lacquer

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by hagetat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this lip lacquer in apocalyptic colour. It is a nice colour, very comfortable on my lips, nice package. This is where the nice things end and not nice things start. This products travels around my lips no matter what I do. I use a lip liner all over my lips, it doesn't help, I blot it with the tissue between my lips, it doesn't help. I put very little product on my lips, it doesn't help. No matter what I do it ends up on my teeth. The staying power of this product is short about 2 hours. It doesn't stay if you eat or drink. I am not going to repurchase and I am probably going to toss the one I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by AlexeRobert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the opacity of this product! The smell doesn't last long and I don't mind it. The packaging is good quality and the choices of colors are varied. Great product! The only downside is that it tends to go on my teeth when I first put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by CBomb

I read some bad reviews about this stuff mostly because of it's SMELL. ....Yeah. So I had to set the record straight.
I honestly only found this product because I was looking for lipliner, and *poof* there it was! Glossy lip colors don't usually speak to me, but I put the tester on my hand and it was 100% COMPLETELY OPAQUE! Like, the color payoff was phenomenal! The colors were all gorgeous, but the winner in my eyes for now is "Big Bang" - the perfect red for almost any skin tone.
Applying is easy - it goes on creamy and smooth, and feels GREAT on my lips. It doesn't dry them out. Color lasts for hours through eating and drinking, and once it does wear off, it leaves a lovely stain. Even the packaging is cute - it's kind of edgy, but I LOVE that it *clicks* when the wand is tightly secured. The wand also has a little well that holds color so application is essentially seamless!
As for scent? It's a drugstore makeup brand. It smells like drugstore lipstick. It's not disgusting, and it definitely doesn't last long. In my opinion, the feel and look of these lipcolors is way worth a second of "meh" scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by rubyparchment55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Aw, gee. Bought three of these @ Walmart. Exciting packaging, but Oh No, smells exactly like Castor Oil. Gagged. Tossed. Back to Nyx Mega-Shine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased the colour Galaxy which a pretty purple with a touch of shimmer. This product is like a long wearing lipstick that is not moisturizing and it is quite pigmented. My only problem with the Apocalips is the scent which other reviewers have already commented on, it's hard to describe and because of this I cannot wear it. I am generally not fussy about scents for lip products, but this is really off-putting.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by PostBlueMik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would have to begin this review saying that being extremely sensitive to smell, I cannot use the Apocalips Lip Lacquer since I despise the smell.
It is an ok product, the colour is beautiful although I do feel like I need to keep applying it too often as it starts to immigrate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I purchased one of these in a nude/pink and it's nice but I am not completely sold on it. It is a nice gloss but it's not a liquid lip stick or anything. It lasts for about an hour and it does bleed.

I wouldn't buy any more of these. I love the NYX butter glosses much more for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mwjo09

I have two of these - one in a nude color with shimmer and one in red. I thought I was going to wear this a lot, but I find them a bit sticky for my taste. Also they have a very distinctive smell. The texture is very nice, and they definitely stay on the lips. That's for sure. I really love the red color, it's so pretty. So i'm saving that one for a special occasion, where I need bold and beautiful red lips that stays like that all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by JL98

As soon as this came out I totally fell in love with this product and had to have it (I bought this last year)...for some reason I just became totally obsessed with the design of the tube, and the colours, and the name (I know tons of makeup have punny names but I just totally loved this one and the concept!!!!!). The hot pink apocaliptic shade caught my eye and that is now the colour I own (which makes me strangely happy:)) It has really great colour payoff, and with two coats it lasts for hoursssss (I even ate pizza once while wearing this which sounds kinda gross but it did not even budge). Applying it it's quite a wet formula, and you do have to dab your mouth with a tissue between coats (but then you should always do that with any lipstick! and don't forget to suck your finger afterwards to avoid the dreaded lippy-on-teeth situation). It has a kind of strong artifical smell but it's not so bad, I actually kind of like it! In any case I definitely recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the colour celestial and it's a sort of neutral muted pink (almost Kylie Jenner ish). I absolutely love it! The colour is so opaque and comfortable on the lips. It's almost like a liquid lipstick which I loveeee!! I'm super impressed with the quality considering the price. It's not super long wearing but that doesn't bother me at all as I don't mind touching up my makeup during the day. I find it does last longer if you blot the first layer with tissue and then do a second layer of product, then you're good to go!! If this product was from MAC or other high end brands, I wouldn't even question it's quality, excellent! I'll definitely be going back to boots and getting some more colours of this product!!