Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Wild Watermelon

4.7

on 4/28/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love Revlon's Lip Butters. I now have about 5 or 6 different shades and I have multiples of each so I don't have to look for them. Wild Watermelon is such a fresh, fruity shade for spring. I don't look good in coral or peach shades but this has enough watermelon-y red in it to make it something that looks great on my lips. For a lighter, more "gloss-like" product, it is pretty pigmented too and it leaves my lips feeling nice and moisturized. Price is hard to beat too - I generally get these on sale for $5 at Shopper's Drug Mart and stock up when they're on sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love it, I love the smell, (well it has more of a vanilla-watermelon smell) texture, product, and packaging. Theres nothing more to say. Revlon makes new great stuff, it keeps on getting better and better, not my HG, but MLBB shade for me.

THIS FORMULAA <33 These feel like lip balms/butters BUT THEY ARE LIPSTICKS! These can be worn by anyone (no scent/flavor), and best suited for everyday when who really wants to deal with matte drying lips *no!*. The formula looks very glossy/jelly like on the lips and two-three coats gives an opaque color. I am NC40 and this shade looks amazing on me! It is a deeper pink(watermelony) but I have to say it looks nothing like in the tube (It looks orangey red in the tube.) I wear it everyday and it "pops" my face without being bold as heck. My only gripe with these would be that they come off while eating. However, otherwise they last pretty good 3-4hours COMFORTABLY. I might get Candy apple (another popular color that *pops* the face but that is red while this is pink) so yes yes yes these are worth repurchasing. Another thing is PLEASE DONT WIND THESE UP. Just twist it 2mm if u finish the top, because if you havent watched youtube vids , these are too creamy to be placed in bullets, and so if they are wound up they dont squish back down quite as elegantly. Go get these, there is a reason they are raved. :*

on 10/29/2014 4:52:00 PM

Amazing, beautiful color! Great if you want strawberry red lips, or a natural color. Doesnt dry your lips out.

on 9/7/2014 3:21:00 PM

I own several of these, and Wild Watermelon (along with Pink Truffle) is my favorite by far. The quality of Revlon's lip butters tends to vary SIGNIFICANTLY by shade. This is one of the good formulas. Wild Watermelon is smooth and pigmented but still a bit sheer, lasts well, fades evenly, and is very wearable. This color perks up my warmish neutral fair complexion and pairs effortlessly with a variety of eye looks. I love it and will repurchase whenever I run out.

on 7/16/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I LOVE this stuff. These Revlon Lip Butters do not disappoint. I can't lie, I grabbed this because I thought this shade was limited edition and that I just had to have it. It looks like a standard red in the tube but on my lips... It's like my lips but better with a warm coral pop that is absolutely perfect for summer. Layered on top of balm it leaves my lips feeling soft and almost stains them in a way. I will definitely repurchase!

on 7/6/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The thing I love most about Revlon lip butters is that because they are sheer, they sort of just "tint" your natural lip color. Therefore, the same shade looks different on different lips. On my lips, Wild Watermelon looks like a bright, coral-y red. Some noted that this is a cool one. However, because it's sheer, my natural lip color actually warms up the shade. This is the brightest/most saturated of the 4 lip butters I've purchased. I wear this one when I'm going for a more drastic makeup look. Perfect for day or night! :)

on 5/27/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Edit 5/29/14: I replaced this today & it truly is lovely w the MAC Paint Pot in Vintage Selection (good combo!!). Creme Brle got returned because it only showed up as a sheer "pearl" color. But after my experience w Creme brle I think I will stick w this gloss (Wild Watermelon) as my only Revlon Lip Butter. It's just as lovely as I remembered & a gr8 summer color!
---
My 1st Revlon Lip Butter purchase. I have quote unquote "temporarily misplaced" (aka LOST!!) this, but I will be replacing this, & now I also own Creme Brûlée, but nude lips are my thing, so this was a big deviation from my normal nude lip. I love this color for summer! I want to get Cotton Candy too. I have had a renewed interest in Revlon lipsticks, so I may have to replace this. It wasn't too bright, but just gave me a pop of color & brightened up my grey eyes. I am a little stymied on what eye makeup goes good w this color; seems like you might be able to get away with a mineral powder, black mascara, & just this on a low key day.

on 5/27/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This color makes my face light up even if I'm wearing no other makeup.

on 4/20/2014 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lip butter feels like a fine leather handbag: It is truly "buttery" soft and just glides onto your lips, giving a good amount of pigment. I would give the general line of Revlon Lip Butters 4-5 lippies!

Unfortunately, I think this particular shade of red in "Wild Watermelon" is too cool for my light-medium Southeast Asian coloring, hence the 3 lippie rating. I'll return this one and consider trying another color once my Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine runs out.

Popular Lipsticks