December 18, 2014 | 1692 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Shimmer wash eyeshadow in Champagne

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Truly a champagne color. Gorgeous, subtle shimmer. I use it as an all over wash, and as an inner corner/brow bone highlight with really anything. Very versatile. BB products are excellent. Now available in Sephora in Canada, yay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this item in a swap, and it is just alright. This is my first Bobbi Brown item and it has left a bad taste in my mouth. For such an expensive price I expected a much better product. The pigmentation is worse than any shadow I've ever used. It barely shows up after 3 swipes. The shadow feels coarse and has a terrible perfume-y smell that I've never experienced from an eyeshadow before. The packaging is cute, but a bit big for one pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A huge reason I buy the BB and LM eyeshadows is I can take out the shadow pan and plug it into my 3 pan compact. I use much more of the lighter colors; I find that the cheaper (drugstore) shadows may be good (I did find a Revlon in a pale cream white color that has been discontinued), I often end up tossing the drugstore shadow every month as the packaging breaks quickly - so no cost advantage there.
The Champagne is great as I do a basic eye; and a dab of this on my lid right above my eye looks really pretty. I have the rose gold as well. This gives my eyes a boost while not allowing the shimmer to be glitter - or weigh down my old eyelids. The texture is really lovely very soft to the touch. Expensive but you do get quite alot of product which will last me a good year so not a bad investment. Better than the quads or pallates as I find one or two colors that work, and the lighter colors get used up quickly thus, the end of the pallate. I tossed out my UD Naked Pallate when I bought this - the Naked is probably good for the younger crowd, not us older ladies. The BB is a great choice for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I went to Nordstrom and the SA used this as an all-over color with Hot Stone as a crease color. It is wonderful! He wetted an eyeliner brush and used Hot Stone as an eyeliner, also. It is a beautiful, and economical, alternative to regular eyelining methods! I have used it repeatedly and will continue to do so in the future!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Deandra

Gorgeous everyday go-to highlight color. The color is ivory or cream with a hint of soft peach. The shimmer is very soft and subtle and does not look like you're going to the disco instead of work. In fact, this creates a very neutral eye that just enhances your eye color instead of overwhelming it. You can always add a deeper crease color for definition. The BB Shimmer Washes are easy to blend with other colors. I do wear this over BB Bone Cream Shadow which creates a nice base for the powder to adhere to. If you do this it should last through your work day.

So glad BB improved the packaging of their eyeshadows to flip top cases with clear lids. (Those screw-top lids are gone, thankfully.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is what I wanted All About Eve to be. On me (NC20ish w/yellow undertones) AAE is a tad chalky-looking & too pink & pale to work w/my yellow undertones.

Enter Champagne Shimmer Wash - it is very similar to AAE in that it provides an understated, polished look, but it has just a whisper of warmth that is lacking in AAE. Yes, there is just the slightest, subtlest touch of pale golden beige that edges this shadow over the border, and into the "warm" category. The shimmer is very subtle, thus the "shimmer wash" name is right on target. I use this on my lids, which (alas) have become a bit darker than the rest of my face. It lightens them beautifully so that they're ultimately just a little bit lighter than my face. It brightens up my look without looking made up, ... a lovely, sophisticated polish.

EDIT: I have completely normal eyelids (not greasy, etc.) but I've noticed that this eyeshadow seems to disappear very quickly so I did a test. No primer on one eye, and Guerlain's now-discontinued eye base on the other eye before applying this Shimmer Wash. Sure enough, the primer eye still looked pretty good, but not 100%, after 2 hours, but the other eye was completely bare! There was no eyeshadow on it at all - it disppeared. So I'm dropping it down to 4 stars since you absolutely NEED an eye primer for this shadow to hold up at all.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I love Bobbi brown shadows! I know I can find similar shades for less at the MAC counter but BB shadows are just soooo soft. Champagne is a soft neutral shimmer on my (NC40, BB Natural) eyes, it just seems to wake up my eyes which is great since I'm currently trying to get my son into a toddler bed!

The only downside is that once its popped out of its original packaging, it seems to pop out a little to easy. Its a pain to me because I dont want any surprises when I open my 6 pan palette. Other than that, I would repurchase again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

I was looking forward to purchasing this because i thought it would be perfect for my dark brown eyes, fair skin, dark brown hair coloring. unfortunately it makes me look totally washed out and like a corpse. i love the formulation and the packaging, but the color is a definite no on me. i need something with a little more warmth to it, color-wise. I am discovering i usually need a little gold or pink or something warm. i can't do the white-ish colors on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Kristalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

everyone has already explained this color thoroughly. i use this as a beautiful, subtle highlighter. the color melts into my light asian skintone. i love it!! will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by elice1280

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite base (all-over) eyeshadow! It's the perfect shade of beige w/shimmer...but the shimmer is not overpowering. I apply this shadow with some eyeliner and mascara and I'm good to go! I also love applying the shadow in the inner corner of my eyes to give it that shine!