December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Instant Texture Volumizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have a lot of straight, thick hair that is so heavy that it lies flat if I don't use volumizing products. While my hair is still damp, I spray either Nick Chavez Wet/Dry Flocker or Michael O'Rourke Size Matters (both are my HG volumizing mousse sprays) onto my roots and then blow dry my hair.

If I'm lazy and let my hair air dry or run out of those sprays, I need a back up product to volumize my hair. This product works well for that purpose- it's a small jar that I can keep in my bag for times when my hair needs more volume and definition. I just take a quarter-sized amount and rub it between my palms and then "fluff" my roots all over my head. Then I use the remaining product on my hands to finger through the middle to ends of my hair for definition.

I love that this product smells great and is portable. It's also reworkable so I can fluff my roots hours after initially applying it and the product will re-activate and re-volumize my hair. The only BAD thing about this product is that it breaks me out! I noticed that I'm getting pimples around my hairline and I think it's because this clogs my pores. Now, I just use it on the crown of my head instead of close to my face.

I definitely recommend this product to anyone with flat hair- just keep it in your bag and use it whenever your roots could use a lift and you want definition. It also helps smooth flyaways and add a bit of shine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have shoulder length blonde fine hair and I am willing to spend almost any amount of money for products that give me volume. I got this as a 100 point sample at Sephora and have used it for 10 days. It's ok...it gives some texture especially when I put it in before blow drying but it's not amazing by any means. Garnier Fructis Surf Hair is almost the same product but maybe a tiny bit thicker which also gives me a lot more volume for about a third of the price of this product. I definitely would not buy this.