September 17, 2014 | 2095 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Garnier Moisture Match - Shine Be Gone

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Kaylawimbleton

This is an easy moisturiser. People have quite bad reviews. Even though it doesn't mattify your skin, overall it's an alright product..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by courtney11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE PRODUCT

I never ever do reviews, but I just have to say something about this product. My skin is combination at the moment, as it's winter here in Aus. I have never ever had sensitive skin, it's always been oily and able to take anything.

I use the Simple Oil-Balancing Exfoliating Wash, and the Simple Kind to Skin Toner, with the Simple Oil-Balancing moisturiser. I bought this because I was shopping at a different place and they didn't have the Simple moisturiser! Big mistake.

Completely destroyed the pH of my skin, dried it out so bad. I began breaking out in TERRIBLE red, flaky patches under my eyes, the sides of chin, on my neck and under my earlobes. I have never experienced such a bad reaction to a product. Will never use Garnier again.

To top it off, the packaging is just lazy. I could make a better label on my computer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

LOVE THIS! It's the first moisturiser I've used that hasn't made me break out and I love the scent it's so so refreshing. Will be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by KitKat777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. Have already repurchased it twice. When applied, it makes my skin feel really refreshed and I love the scent. You don't need to use much, and it hasn't made me break out like some other moisturizers. It also doesn't make my skin turn red when I first put it on, as so many other products do. My skin looks a lot more even toned and feels amazing.
Best moisturizer I've ever found. We'll done, Garnier!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by TranNguyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I picked up this product because it was new, on sale, and specifically stated that it is for oily skin. But when I realised that the package didn't contain the 'does not clog pores,' I sort of started regretting buying it. Oily skin and a moisturiser that could possibly clog pores... a bit risky. First time I used it, loved the smell and the freshness. My skin also felt amazing and looked a lot smoother. However, my skin started to get itchy at certain places and did not control my oily skin at all. It also didn't exactly give a matte finish. Big problem. I really started to regret buying it. That was until I read a review where a person said that they used a pea-sized amount for their entire face. I then realised that I had been using too much product. After that, I used a lot less and BOOM! I AM IN LOVE! It keeps my face matte, smelling amazing, and so smooth. And it seems my skin suits it as for the week, no breakouts or even one pimple. It really is a good product, but only when you use a small amount.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by MaryKate88

Pro's:
- sorbet like texture, smooth
- subtle scent
- hydrates well
- inexpensive

Con's:
- doesn't mattify (main reason I bought this for anyway)
- really don't think it's suitable for oily skin type as advertised

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by preciousthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh...

I brought this hopin it would give me a little more moisture than Garniers pure Active gel as my skin gets dehydrated.
Well, it left this weird film on my face no matter how little i used.
Didnt mattify at all....Overall, yuk. Going in the bin and going back out my Pure Active gel again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by emilymakeupuk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I originally brought this to try to calm my oily skin but all this product did was cause major breakouts. Throughout the day my skin was shiny as usual and wasn't matt as it should have been. The smell and texture of it is really nice to put on and leaves my skin feeling fresh but only for a couple of minutes, and my make up just slides around on it. Definitely wouldn't buy this again but I'm now stuck with half a tube of rubbish moisturiser!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissPandamonium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product is so so. It claims to mattify and control sebum production.
In my opinion, once first applied it does certainly mattify the face while providing sufficient moisture. However, it does not have any control over my sebum production at all.
It will be great for combination individuals but certainly would not be that effective on us super oily girls.
The scent is the same as all other Garnier products. The texture is a strange smooth sorbet feeling.
I will definitely use it all up, but doubt I shall be repurchasing.
All in all it is just okay. Nothing amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by emmiej6695

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this moisturizer before I prime my face to try and remove some oiliness. I think it smells gorgeous and has the most lovely texture, really light and feels whipped and airy but the effects don't last very long. Straight after you put it on, your face feels nice and it's very refreshing, hence why I like to use it in the morning to wake my skin up, but I find I feel oily again not long after.
You only need to use a tiny bit so even though they only sell little tubes I would imagine it's going to last ages (I've been using it for a couple of weeks daily, sometimes more than once, and I've still got loads) and it's inexpensive but I am a little disappointed. I have definitely used worse moisturizers for oily skin but there are many better. As a high-street brand, it is pretty good, but like I said, it doesn't keep matte for very long.
That being said, I am very oily and I think if you're only slightly oily and looking for something that won't dry you out completely but will remove some shine then you might like it, just not quite mattifying enough for me