Garnier Garnier Moisture Match - Shine Be Gone

3.4

on 2/23/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

2nd bottle. Previously used Nivea day and night creams. This one is absorbed by my skin so quickly, doesn't leave a sticky residue, it's just moisturising enough for my skin. Smooth texture, easy to apply. Leaves my skin feeling cool.

Previously tried Swisspers and QV which were thicker in consistency and wasn't as hydrating, or left a shine.

This is an easy moisturiser. People have quite bad reviews. Even though it doesn't mattify your skin, overall it's an alright product..

on 7/28/2014 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HORRIBLE PRODUCT

I never ever do reviews, but I just have to say something about this product. My skin is combination at the moment, as it's winter here in Aus. I have never ever had sensitive skin, it's always been oily and able to take anything.

I use the Simple Oil-Balancing Exfoliating Wash, and the Simple Kind to Skin Toner, with the Simple Oil-Balancing moisturiser. I bought this because I was shopping at a different place and they didn't have the Simple moisturiser! Big mistake.

Completely destroyed the pH of my skin, dried it out so bad. I began breaking out in TERRIBLE red, flaky patches under my eyes, the sides of chin, on my neck and under my earlobes. I have never experienced such a bad reaction to a product. Will never use Garnier again.

To top it off, the packaging is just lazy. I could make a better label on my computer.

on 6/20/2014 9:42:00 AM

LOVE THIS! It's the first moisturiser I've used that hasn't made me break out and I love the scent it's so so refreshing. Will be repurchasing

on 5/7/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. Have already repurchased it twice. When applied, it makes my skin feel really refreshed and I love the scent. You don't need to use much, and it hasn't made me break out like some other moisturizers. It also doesn't make my skin turn red when I first put it on, as so many other products do. My skin looks a lot more even toned and feels amazing.
Best moisturizer I've ever found. We'll done, Garnier!

on 5/1/2014 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Honestly, I picked up this product because it was new, on sale, and specifically stated that it is for oily skin. But when I realised that the package didn't contain the 'does not clog pores,' I sort of started regretting buying it. Oily skin and a moisturiser that could possibly clog pores... a bit risky. First time I used it, loved the smell and the freshness. My skin also felt amazing and looked a lot smoother. However, my skin started to get itchy at certain places and did not control my oily skin at all. It also didn't exactly give a matte finish. Big problem. I really started to regret buying it. That was until I read a review where a person said that they used a pea-sized amount for their entire face. I then realised that I had been using too much product. After that, I used a lot less and BOOM! I AM IN LOVE! It keeps my face matte, smelling amazing, and so smooth. And it seems my skin suits it as for the week, no breakouts or even one pimple. It really is a good product, but only when you use a small amount.

on 3/31/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pro's:
- sorbet like texture, smooth
- subtle scent
- hydrates well
- inexpensive

Con's:
- doesn't mattify (main reason I bought this for anyway)
- really don't think it's suitable for oily skin type as advertised

Meh...

I brought this hopin it would give me a little more moisture than Garniers pure Active gel as my skin gets dehydrated.
Well, it left this weird film on my face no matter how little i used.
Didnt mattify at all....Overall, yuk. Going in the bin and going back out my Pure Active gel again.

on 2/13/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally brought this to try to calm my oily skin but all this product did was cause major breakouts. Throughout the day my skin was shiny as usual and wasn't matt as it should have been. The smell and texture of it is really nice to put on and leaves my skin feeling fresh but only for a couple of minutes, and my make up just slides around on it. Definitely wouldn't buy this again but I'm now stuck with half a tube of rubbish moisturiser!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is so so. It claims to mattify and control sebum production.
In my opinion, once first applied it does certainly mattify the face while providing sufficient moisture. However, it does not have any control over my sebum production at all.
It will be great for combination individuals but certainly would not be that effective on us super oily girls.
The scent is the same as all other Garnier products. The texture is a strange smooth sorbet feeling.
I will definitely use it all up, but doubt I shall be repurchasing.
All in all it is just okay. Nothing amazing.