Garnier Garnier Moisture Match - Shine Be Gone

3.4

on 5/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. I am on my third tube of it and love the way it balances out my combination skin. It goes comfortably under my makeup and keeps my skin hydrated during the day. It has a nice gel texture that dries comfortably with a light, pleasant scent and leaves a slight glow on my skin so I can wear it without makeup if I needed to.

on 3/25/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

i don 't apply drugstore moisturizers on my face in general , i'm afraid of so many chemicals , parabens , colorants , silicones etc.i used bepanthol lotion in little tubes for face ,for a long time but i am an advertising fool and this moisture match line took my attention and i love garnier products in general.on the box it says paraben free and it was cheap so i thought i could give it a shot.i checked the ingredient list i couldn't see dimeticone maybe it contains any other cones with a different name so i am not sure if it contains silicone or not.i have acne prone and combination skin which is hard to handle.oily in the t-zone , dry in the cheeks particularly dry at my mouth area and usually some pimples ,bumps can appear anywhere.i like its 'sorbet' texture which is refreshing and cooling, smells pretty.i am using it for 2 weeks.it didn't cause any major breakout but it couldn't moisture my dehydrated skin either.if i apply tiny amount of it,my skin looks matte and healty.if i apply more , it causes greasiness that kinda feels gross.and it leaves residue no matter how much apply.yes it does mattifies for a long time but my skin needs more moisture.my skin feels tight if i apply just a pea size, and i didn't like the residual formula whenever i rub my face i see little white gunks on my fingers.i will finish the bottle anyway ,i don't like to throw out the products ,but i won't rebuy it.i can use it. not a terrible product ,it can mattifies really and doesn't cause breakouts.i only recommend it for really oily all over skins who don't have any dry area and make sure use it only a little.just a pea size is enough for whole face.maybe i should have bought 'wake me up' or 'start afresh' from this line.

on 3/15/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I tried this out as a daily moisturizer to replace my usual product which was discontinued. Wasn't particularly impressed with it on its own. It did dry down and get absorbed quickly, leaving my skin feeling both matte and oddly sticky at the same time. It's hard to describe, it was both mattifying and yet it still felt like there was something sitting on my skin. It's ok enough and I do occasionally use it on its own, but where I was really impressed was when I mixed it with my foundation.

Some days I mix a moisturizer with my foundation and apply with my fingers because I'm in a hurry and am looking for a little coverage as quickly as possible. It's sort of like a tailor made BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I've used this moisturizer as a mixing medium with all my foundations and it extends the wear time of every single one by hours and hours. Of course it sheers out the coverage, but I can just slap it on and not think about it for the rest of the day. It actually improves the finish and longevity every time.

I don't care for the strong sweet fragrance, but it doesn't linger long after application, making it tolerable. I love the packaging because it's lightweight and simple, easy to travel with, doesn't take up too much space in my small bathroom.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend this as a stand-alone moisturizer, it's an odd sort of product and I'm still very on the fence about it on its own. But if you have oily skin and you're looking for a moisturizer to mix in with foundation that won't eliminate the mattifying properties of your foundation, this is totally worth checking out.

on 3/4/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So my skin began not responding well to using a primer only. I have oily combination skin, so I don't feel like a moisturiser is always necessary especially before make-up. So I looked for a primer as well as a moisturiser (mainly because I was worried about the condition and quality of my skin underneath). So I and came across this. I stopped using my Laura Mercier and began using the Garnier straight away. I have no complaints. It smells great, like a floral cucumber, very fresh. It's not greasy and absorbs well into the skin. I can wear this product alone without make-up as a matte moituriser, or use it before I apply a full face. It keeps my face on, and I feel noticeably less oily during the day.

on 2/23/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

2nd bottle. Previously used Nivea day and night creams. This one is absorbed by my skin so quickly, doesn't leave a sticky residue, it's just moisturising enough for my skin. Smooth texture, easy to apply. Leaves my skin feeling cool.

Previously tried Swisspers and QV which were thicker in consistency and wasn't as hydrating, or left a shine.

This is an easy moisturiser. People have quite bad reviews. Even though it doesn't mattify your skin, overall it's an alright product..

on 7/28/2014 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HORRIBLE PRODUCT

I never ever do reviews, but I just have to say something about this product. My skin is combination at the moment, as it's winter here in Aus. I have never ever had sensitive skin, it's always been oily and able to take anything.

I use the Simple Oil-Balancing Exfoliating Wash, and the Simple Kind to Skin Toner, with the Simple Oil-Balancing moisturiser. I bought this because I was shopping at a different place and they didn't have the Simple moisturiser! Big mistake.

Completely destroyed the pH of my skin, dried it out so bad. I began breaking out in TERRIBLE red, flaky patches under my eyes, the sides of chin, on my neck and under my earlobes. I have never experienced such a bad reaction to a product. Will never use Garnier again.

To top it off, the packaging is just lazy. I could make a better label on my computer.

on 6/20/2014 9:42:00 AM

LOVE THIS! It's the first moisturiser I've used that hasn't made me break out and I love the scent it's so so refreshing. Will be repurchasing

on 5/7/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. Have already repurchased it twice. When applied, it makes my skin feel really refreshed and I love the scent. You don't need to use much, and it hasn't made me break out like some other moisturizers. It also doesn't make my skin turn red when I first put it on, as so many other products do. My skin looks a lot more even toned and feels amazing.
Best moisturizer I've ever found. We'll done, Garnier!

on 5/1/2014 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Honestly, I picked up this product because it was new, on sale, and specifically stated that it is for oily skin. But when I realised that the package didn't contain the 'does not clog pores,' I sort of started regretting buying it. Oily skin and a moisturiser that could possibly clog pores... a bit risky. First time I used it, loved the smell and the freshness. My skin also felt amazing and looked a lot smoother. However, my skin started to get itchy at certain places and did not control my oily skin at all. It also didn't exactly give a matte finish. Big problem. I really started to regret buying it. That was until I read a review where a person said that they used a pea-sized amount for their entire face. I then realised that I had been using too much product. After that, I used a lot less and BOOM! I AM IN LOVE! It keeps my face matte, smelling amazing, and so smooth. And it seems my skin suits it as for the week, no breakouts or even one pimple. It really is a good product, but only when you use a small amount.