April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Garnier Moisture Match - Shine Be Gone

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by MaryKate88

Pro's:
- sorbet like texture, smooth
- subtle scent
- hydrates well
- inexpensive

Con's:
- doesn't mattify (main reason I bought this for anyway)
- really don't think it's suitable for oily skin type as advertised

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by preciousthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh...

I brought this hopin it would give me a little more moisture than Garniers pure Active gel as my skin gets dehydrated.
Well, it left this weird film on my face no matter how little i used.
Didnt mattify at all....Overall, yuk. Going in the bin and going back out my Pure Active gel again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by emilymakeupuk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I originally brought this to try to calm my oily skin but all this product did was cause major breakouts. Throughout the day my skin was shiny as usual and wasn't matt as it should have been. The smell and texture of it is really nice to put on and leaves my skin feeling fresh but only for a couple of minutes, and my make up just slides around on it. Definitely wouldn't buy this again but I'm now stuck with half a tube of rubbish moisturiser!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissPandamonium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product is so so. It claims to mattify and control sebum production.
In my opinion, once first applied it does certainly mattify the face while providing sufficient moisture. However, it does not have any control over my sebum production at all.
It will be great for combination individuals but certainly would not be that effective on us super oily girls.
The scent is the same as all other Garnier products. The texture is a strange smooth sorbet feeling.
I will definitely use it all up, but doubt I shall be repurchasing.
All in all it is just okay. Nothing amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by emmiej6695

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this moisturizer before I prime my face to try and remove some oiliness. I think it smells gorgeous and has the most lovely texture, really light and feels whipped and airy but the effects don't last very long. Straight after you put it on, your face feels nice and it's very refreshing, hence why I like to use it in the morning to wake my skin up, but I find I feel oily again not long after.
You only need to use a tiny bit so even though they only sell little tubes I would imagine it's going to last ages (I've been using it for a couple of weeks daily, sometimes more than once, and I've still got loads) and it's inexpensive but I am a little disappointed. I have definitely used worse moisturizers for oily skin but there are many better. As a high-street brand, it is pretty good, but like I said, it doesn't keep matte for very long.
That being said, I am very oily and I think if you're only slightly oily and looking for something that won't dry you out completely but will remove some shine then you might like it, just not quite mattifying enough for me

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Jennyxwren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This leaves a weird residue. When applying make up or touching my face it kind of rubs off into strange white gunk. It doesn't control my shine either. I've been using it for a couple of months, and persevered but no improvement.

It is fairly cheap so I don't feel too ripped off, but definitely wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by amelzing

I have combination skin with an oily t-zone so I was hoping that this moisturiser would prevent that during the day. I have persevered with this moisturiser for a couple of months now, using it each morning. Unfortunately it does not mattify my skin at all. I find that as soon as I apply it, my nose looks really shiny and I still have to blot or re-powder a few hours later, so I won't be re-purchasing.
That said, the moisturiser is good value for money as a tiny blob is enough for the whole face and I did like the way my make-up applied on top of it. It just doesn't live up to it's 'shine be gone' name for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by paseo

I have combination - oily skin and I've tried many creams. Thisworks perfectly- I use it after cleansing my face morning and evening. It keeps my skin hydrated without leaving a greasy layer on my face, which a lot of creams seem to do. The only moisturiser I've used better than this is Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturising gel, but as that comes with a hefty price tag, Garnier's moisture match is a great substitute.
The only negative side is the packaging- if it could come in a slightly bigger tube it would be perfect... However I find that a pea-sized amount is sufficient for my face with each use, so it does last for decent amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by ilovepeterrabbit404

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is ideal for someone with combination skin I have oily and I use it every day although I do think think It can sometimes be a bit to heavy for my skin. Saying that its oil free , moisurises well , smells nice and although at my local superdrug its 5.99 for only 50ml I can get it at asda for 3.00 yay! By far the best thing about this is the fact that it conatins no parabens and clearly states that on the back of the packaging which I love. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Having combination skin that can be quite sensitive to synthetic oils, I've always only ever bought oil-free moisturisers. When Garnier came out with the new Moisture Match range, I was glad to see an oil-free mattifying option.

This is a nice lightweight product with a refreshing scent and it moisturises the skin well. I find it has a thicker more creamy consistency than most other oil-free products but it literally glides on my skin and soaks in beautifully. It's a nice base for make-up and I love love love that it's non-greasy. I'd definitely agree that it takes away the shine from my skin without looking too matte. The cream itself is a pale green colour, but obviously you can't see it when it's on your skin. If you've noticed, each of the different creams in the Moisture Match range have different coloured packaging and each cream has a slight colour that corresponds to the packaging.

I bought it from Boots for 5.99 and it's a relatively small tube (50ml) for that price and I don't think it'll last very long so I wish they made different size options. However, I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for and I'd happily purchase this again and again as I now use it as my daily moisturiser.