November 28, 2014 | 1257 users online

BB Cream - Kiehl's - Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Cbarnes81

By far the best BB cream I've tried. I agree with others who have said it doesn't offer enough coverage, but then this isn't a foundation, let alone a concealer. It does help even out the skin tone, and in this way gives me just the right finish with some transluscent powder. This has pretty much become my daily routine, as I don't really go for the heavily made up look and I am always on a rush . It looks so natural and clean. When I feel picky, I put on some concealer under my eyes and around my nose area.

The smell doesn't bother me (not a bad smell, kind if like clay), and in any case the smell fades after about 30 minutes. I apply the product with my hands, and it does even out quite easily. My skin is combination to oily, and I find this one gives a semi-matte finish, which is just perfect for me.

The best thing I like about this product is that it contains Vitamin C and a high SPF. I have old acne marks, and after some time of use of this BB cream, my scars started fading.

It's one of those I will always have in my makeup and skin care collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by raluko

This is my summer sunscreen/foundation in one. I absolutely love the coverage: just enough color correction without looking like a mask. The high SPF is great, too. If I need retouching I just use a powder with sunscreen in it. I can`t understand why other people say it doesn`t blend well: I just use my fingers and a small amount and get beautiful results. True, it sets more quickly than a liquid foundation, but then if a small amount is used you can work in sections. It smells a little like a sunscreen, but the smell fades quickly and doesn`t bother me. I absolutely love the simplicity of using it and the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

This is by far the WORST BB cream I have ever tried on! The only pro with this product is paraben free and nice packaging. Now the recap:

- NO COVERAGE, only tone my skin a teeny tiny bit
- Smells horrible
- Glides and slides, how on earth can it stay still? Tried with finger, beauty blender, foundation brush, kabuki brush, non works!
- Dries to greyish tone
- Transfers easily to anything!

Money wasted. Regrets beyond believe. Not gonna recommend. Not gonna be using again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by hildakitti

I've used this product for over 6 months, and I still have a little bit left. I like the tube format because you can still use it untill the last drop (exageration) yet still (sort of) hygienic. I use it 6 days a week. I used the fair tone. I love the sheer coverage. I only use this in the morning after my IOMA no. 2 moisturizer, and add MAC Compact Sheer after this. My complexion looks great, it helps to even out my skin tone, especially in the nose area where it is a bit on a darker shade.

I dont have serious skin problem. It just tend to be very oily om T Zone area when I am under the sun.
I lived in Indonesia where it is sunny all year long and average daily temp is 30 degree celcius. It didnt break me out at all from the beginning. I live the coverage, i think it last for about 6-8 hrs if I were on the air conditioned room all day and not sweating. After 8 hours, or when I started to sweat/my face becomes oilier, it became runny and very irritating to my eyes.

Some people are commenting on the smell, but I don't find it annoying at all.

However, I still love this product, a

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Beckdorfita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not have acne prone skin, and this made me break out in like 3 days (love Kiehl's in general though)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by NatGavran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Keihls ultra cream, face wash, and midnight oil everyday and night and it helped my acne go away! I tried the keihlsBBcream and I knew I did not like it from the second I put it on my face. I have dry acne prone skin so at first I liked the dewyness and moisturized feeling I got from the first application. However after 30 minutes of being indoors it began melting off my face and stinging my eyes. I do not recommend this for sensitive eyes, and anyone why doesn't like to appear shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Mooo00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and I found this product quite moisturising, and even though i have dry skin I wanted product where I can still achieve a moisturising but matte finish and this BB cream have that effect. The texture when you first put it in your fingers and apply it on your face I found it a bit harder to smooth out and it dried quicker than I wanted it, but I think that accounts to the matte effect. The only negative would be the medicine smell that I found a bit off putting. Overall a good BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I loveloveloveloveloveloveLOVE this.

It makes your skin look bright and provides fairly good coverage for being a bb cream. I didn't believe the hype when I first read up on it but I gave in simply because I needed something moisturizing, light AND SILICONE FREE for these hot summer months since my job consists of a lot of moving and going outside. I have REALLY bad skin... I have crazy acne marks, am extremely acne-prone, my skin is also DRY and sensitive with the occasional outbreaks of perioral dermatitis.

Trust me when I say that this definitely has coverage. It won't give you that MAC foundation or Revlon colorstay coverage but it will definitely even out your skintone without making you look like you're wearing a mask. It's a tinted moisturizer but BETTER. I can build it up to medium coverage with the right tools. First of all, I use my fingers to apply and go over any extra redness by patting a little more product on those areas where I need a little extra coverage (when I say patting, I literally mean I lightly tap my face like guys do when they apply after-shave lotion lol). After it's dried a little bit (a minute or two) I apply some honey-bee gardens mineral powder for additional coverage and some oil control, and lastly I set everything with mineral veil. With this little routine I've worked out I can achieve a light/medium coverage that lasts for 8+ hours!!!!

As far as the color goes I use medium, I'm a MAC NC40/42 (depends on the season, I'm extra yellow in the winter) and this is totally a little bit too orange for my neck so what I do is just use it on my neck also. I don't mind doing this because it has SPF50 and I mean who doesn't like extra sun protection????

I saw that a few people said the scent is bothersome, it DOES have a scent but it's nothing extremely overpowering. I can deal with it especially because after using this for a little bit over a month I can honestly say that this has TOTALLY decreased my acne scars!!!!!!! Not DRAMATICALLY but I can totally tell there's a difference in how red my face is now as opposed as to how bad it was two months ago when I had the absolute WORST acne outbreak of my life.

I do use a primer with this (Lorac I'm So Sensitive Soothing Face Primer) and I use MAC's fix+ after my makeup has been applied and then once halfway through my 8 hour shift at work.

I am so glad this product has been brought into my life because I've seriously been struggling with horrible acne at 24 and going out in public is a pain in the ass when everyone else seems to have **FLAWLESS skin. I hope this stays in production for a really long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even a VERY thick application provides no coverage.

Smells like a standard drugstore sunscreen, which is not my favorite smell in the world.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first bought this product in Singapore because I was looking for a light covering that doubled as a moisturiser. The colour and coverage are good, although I found I needed to mix Fair and Light together to get the perfect match for my skin tone. I find that I need to put powder on during the day to keep the shine at bay. The packaging is ok - I like a tube over a pump, because you get the hygiene factor (more so than a jar) while still getting to use all of the product, whereas with a pump there is quite a bit of waste. The lid does tend to leak though. While it's not the most expensive BB cream on the market (I'm happy to pay more for an exceptional product), I'd expect more from it given the price.

Pros:
Good coverage
Colour stays true
Makes my skin soft
Scent isn't too strong

Cons:
Stings my eyes (no, I didn't put it IN my eyes)
Can be a bit greasy/shiny
Transfers easily
Can only wear it in fine weather - comes off if even a little water touches it

Generally I'd rate this product as ok, although because it stings my eyes I won't be buying it again.