September 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Moisturizers - E.L.F. - Daily Moisture Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dannniboyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product thinking it would be a miracle for my dry skin around my nose and for my knees and elbows. It's not bad, but it's not spectacular either. I used it around my nose for a few days because the skin kept flaking off and it was itchy. It didn't help even after a week! Vaseline worked in one day. I will give e.l.f. kudos, though. It's great to stash in your bag if you notice your knees are dry and you're wearing shorts or a skirt. The moisture doesn't last very long, probably not more than 10-15 minutes. But if your knees are so dry that they look white, it definitely helps. Another thing that I don't like was the smell. It's awful, and I hate putting it on my face. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore this product. But my elbows and dry patches love it more. If it weren't for the convenience of this product (stick form, easy to tote around) my elbows and knees would surely go neglected. Its also great to dab around the eyes mid-day, which is great because well, gotta avoid those crows feed at all costs! Speaking of cost, this is cheap as heck ($6) - another plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by angeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It works great for the dry patches that I get. The only thing I don't like is the scent. It smells like something really dirty.. like something that hasn't been washed in a while haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Joshuacardona

Use this daily as my morning moisturizer. i live on a tropical island so thick moisturizers are a no, no. This one is really thin & I could still feel it at the end of the day. i use it mainly on my under eyes, around the nose and some dry patches on my cheeks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Moisture Stick? Yes...but I already have my favorite lip balm for it - which I use on my face, without any irritating menthol and without so much sodium chloride.

I have oily skin, use powder, need to blot during the day, but still get occasional dry patches from my prescription retinoid. My lipbalm is easy to apply and a great soothing relief. The slip it provides also enables you to smooth out uneven patches of foundation on your skin.

I also couldn't live without my SPF 15 lipbalm that I can quickly apply on the few discolorations I've been trying to treat. I slide it gently over my problem areas, and smooth it out with a fingertip. That's what I call My Sunscreen for an Emergency. And it's perfectly effective.

Moisture Stick? Yes.. Just not this one.
----------------------------
NOTE: I use the Body Shop Cocoa Butter Stick and the Aloe SPF 45 lip balm by Banana Boat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Emilynoel83 on YT suggested this for touching up underneath your eyes when you get creases. But that's the thing. It wipes away product so you're thinning out your concealer that's underneath your eyes.

I personally think this would be best for people with oily/combination skin that aren't acne prone. I'm very acne prone and this product broke me out. It just lacks something hydrating. The only positive thing I can say is that while it's in a stick form, it didn't break like other makeup sticks have on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not understand the hype over this product. I have dry winter-skin, and this product does nothing for my dry patches. It's very thin and feels like putting water on my skin. This may be more ideal for combo/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I bought this recently upon the recommendation of MUA users. And I really like this stick. I use it during the day to moisturize around my undereye area, which gets dry and starts to wrinkle. This stick glides on perfectly, and has no scent. A user wrote that is smells like fish, I have to say that it may have been a defective stick, because I made my coworkers smell the stick and it doesn't have a smell. It's perfect if you want to moisturize your undereye area. It glides on like very light balm, doesn't leave any shine and last for a while. I'm very impressed and the price is awesome! I would definitely repurchase!

EDIT: I found a great way to make this work. You need to rub your finger on the stick to warm up the product. Otherwise, it may have a slight tug on the skin. But it warms up very quickly and then you dab the product on your undereye area. Works like a charm! Emily Noel on Youtube showed me this trick and it really works!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by CorynAudreyxo

Moisture wise - I give this a 4 out of 5. I used it on my hands to test it, which my hands are pretty dry at the moment since it's mid-winter. But the smell - gross! It seriously smells FISHY. I bought this to moisturize my face with at bed time, and the smell completely disgusts me, I can't even do it... I wouldn't repurchase specifically because of the smell. If you give it a better scent, then I definitely will!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seems great! It melts in the skin gracefully and works well.