September 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design Shadow & Liner Palette "Taupe Craze"

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Ninjaturtle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this with a GWP from Lancome. The best color is on the bottom left. The very light color that extends across the top is too light for anyone who is not the fairest of the fair. I'm MAC NC37 and it did not deposit any color anywhere.The color on the far right is too dark to act as a highlighter, but I would use it as a lid color. Other colors in the palette were average, nothing you couldnt get cheaper in a different line. Overall I would consider buying the one color on the far left if it is available. The others - a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by sparklewife

I've had this color palette for almost a year, and I have worn it most days since. It's still going strong, which is why I actually think the price of the product is very well justified. Quality and lasts long. I chose this over the Naked Urban Decay palette (even though I have nothing against it at all, I was just a beginner, and there were too many colors). Taupe Craze is perfect because all the colors balance out beautifully for a neutral smoky look. You can play it up for night wear too. Goes with everything. My one tip would be to definitely buy the double tipped ombré shadow brush and eyeliner brush, as the generic foam brushes provided in the compact would irritate my skin and wouldn't give an even application. I've bought Gris Fatale since, and I love that too. I don't ever see myself using a different shadow!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

When in Sephora trying to decided between this palette and Dior's "Incognito" I was talked into this one by a SA. Surprised when the colors seemed to be very pigmented and creamy, I went with this over the Dior and now regret it. Several of the Lancome colors are more shimmery than I thought - and the effect doesn't lessen upon application. More importantly, once I applied these colors, they were, to say the least, underwhelming. The shadow seems to irritate my eyes and there is not one color of the bunch that would make me want to wear it again. Hate, hate taking things back to the store but for $51 this is going back and I will get the Dior palette. To date not one of those palettes have every disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by suzannekittymeow

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Taupe Craze is the most foolproof, classic little neutral palette you will come across. It contains a dark brown liner with imperceptible amounts of ultra fine glitter (though mostly matte, if that makes sense), a peachy-bone matte, a matte taupe brown, a shimmery taupe, and a a very sheer, metallic silvery-pink highlighter. The lightest shade, even though it is matte, is incredibly creamy and pigmented and is definitely my go-to brow bone color out of all the shadows in my arsenal. I like to dab it in the inner corner of my eyes as well, since it has such a pleasant brightening effect. The liner is best used wet for optimum color payoff, and can easily double as brow color (if you're brunette). It's also nice in the outer "v" of your eye. The silvery highlighter is gorgeous when used with your ring finger; just tap it onto your lid for a sexy *pop*; it catches the light in a soft, flirty way whenever you blink. Very versatile palette and it's about as big as a credit card, perfect for ladies on the go.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No