December 20, 2014 | 1631 users online

Makeup Brushes - Renewal Powder Brush

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My faithful Sephora powder brush, which I've had for ages, finally started to shed and give its last gasps, so I decided it was time to buy a new one. One of the reasons I take such good care of my brushes is to make them last as long as I can because brushes in general are so absurdly over-priced it's like buying a mink coat for your makeup. I mean, seriously, $30 and up for a brush? What do they make them from, the Golden Fleece? And don't give me the excuse of "quality". For those prices they should work magic. They don't.

Anyway, I was at RiteAid and they were having sales all over the place. I looked at their brush section and found this wonderful powder brush for only $7.99 (take that, NARS, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox and all the rest of you, highway robbers!) It's a nicely-sized, dome-shaped very fluffly synthetic brush. Picks up a good amount of powder and it feels like a whisper on your face. I am truly pleased with this and would definitely recommend it.