L'Occitane Brightening Hand Car SPF 15 PA ++

3.3

on 1/27/2015 9:21:00 AM

I adore this product, the texture and the scent are fantastic!

I was looking for a hand cream with SPF and although I would prefer more than the SPF 20 that is in this cream, I still wear this every day and reapply often.

The texture of the cream is very smooth and not sticky, and it absorbs very fast leaving my hands without any residue or tackiness.

The scent is floral with a hint of violets. This may be overwhelming for some, but for me it reminds me of both of my grandmothers and so I love to smell my hands after application. I would recommend purchasing a small sample size from eBay first, to see if you will be sensitive to the fragrance, but the full size can be purchased a lot cheaper than the $26.00 from the L’Occitane website.

Packaging is a simple tube, nothing special. I do keep several of the smaller sample sizes in my various bags at all times, and keep a larger size of this at work so I can never be without it.

Highly recommended!

on 3/24/2013 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Got a sample of this in my glossybox. It broke my hands out and I got hundreds of tiny lacerations all over my knuckles (like eczema, basically) and it stung like HELL. I've used L'Occitane liquid soaps before and they all did the same thing - must be full of preservatives or nasty chemicals or something. I am glad I didn't pay for this!

on 3/17/2013 3:06:00 PM

I got a half-ounce sample of this product before I bought it. All I can say is, wow! This cream is very gentle and softens the tops of my hands (it is only designed for use on the superior part of the hands). It has SPF 15 but does not feel greasy or sticky, nor does it leave a residue on my fingers when I am done applying it. It smells exactly like the rest of the immortelle line, which is to say, delicious. So far, I have not noticed any skin-evening effect, but even so, I very much enjoy using this cream throughout the day, especially when I am outside for extended periods of time. I love the packaging of the portable mini-version, but even the packaging of the full-sized product is delightful and elegant. This product is on the pricier side (even for L'Occitane) at $30 per 2.6 oz. package. I would definitely repurchase this item because of the scent and luxurious texture, but not at full price.